Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

I am the same way! My sisters and mom and I just went on the coast to coast yard sale and had to stop at target on the way! We have a whole page in our trip scrapbook of us and target!

What is the coast to coast yard sale & where is it located? Now that sounds fun!

What is the coast to coast yard sale & where is it located? Now that sounds fun!

I think she is talking about the U.S. 50 coast to coast garage sale that is the weekend before memorial day. I have always wanted to go to that. Maybe next year!!! Guess you just head for the closet Hwy 50 location and shop shop shop. (Wonder how many Targets are on Hwy 50 :D :D :D :D )

does anyone know if the summer selection stuff that has been marked down right now is considered holiday/seasonal.. as far as price refunds? I bought the big picnic blanket a week or so back for full price and was wondering if I bought one now at 30 or maybe 50% off and returned the other if they would only give me back the current purchase price??? I thought someone on here might now, I certainly don't need 2 so I don't want to get another one just to turn around and return it at the discounted price. TIA!

Target does not do price adjustments on clearance items. If you repurchase the item at the lower price, you can return the higher priced one within the 90 day return time frame. If you don't have your receipt, and need them to do receipt look up, pay with a different form of payment as with receipt look up, it looks for the lower priced item on that card (or so that's what Target has told me).

it literally goes from california all accross america! it isn't as well known as 127 i think it is that goes down from ky to tenn but many more miles. we dove to shiloh il (about 200 miles from my house) and made our way back over the weekend. it is great fun! some towns are loaded and then sometimes you drive for miles passing nothing but cornfields. i would guess it depends on your area but a great girls weekend! we had a van full including a luggage topper! if you google coast to coast yard sale you should find some info. we actually found the small towns to be the best places for sales..the whole idea of it is to bring tourist through hwy 50.

I think she is talking about the U.S. 50 coast to coast garage sale that is the weekend before memorial day. I have always wanted to go to that. Maybe next year!!! Guess you just head for the closet Hwy 50 location and shop shop shop. (Wonder how many Targets are on Hwy 50 :D :D :D :D )

oh yea yea i forgot to mention it is on hwy 50 there is in some places a new and an old hwy though so you have to kind of do some research first

does anyone know if the summer selection stuff that has been marked down right now is considered holiday/seasonal.. as far as price refunds? I bought the big picnic blanket a week or so back for full price and was wondering if I bought one now at 30 or maybe 50% off and returned the other if they would only give me back the current purchase price??? I thought someone on here might now, I certainly don't need 2 so I don't want to get another one just to turn around and return it at the discounted price. TIA!

On just normal clearance (which the summer stuff is considered), you can buy at the lower price and bring back the higher price item. If you have used the item, just remove the clearance sticker on the lower item and return it. Usually what I do is buy the lower price one and go to the car, remove the sticker and return it at that point, so that I don't have to bring it home. Do remember to bring your receipts (hint: I keep all mine in the car for at least 30 days so that I always have my receipts with me). There was lots of cute stuff in the Summer section, hoping to get it at 75%.....

Be careful with keeping your receipts in the car. The receipt paper has acid in it and the text will disappear from the paper with heat and sun. Now for those of you not in Florida this may not be such an issue! But for me it is!

Be careful with keeping your receipts in the car. The receipt paper has acid in it and the text will disappear from the paper with heat and sun. Now for those of you not in Florida this may not be such an issue! But for me it is!

LOL we are in Montana, we haven't even gotten into the 80's yet but thank you, I didn't even think of that. I usually clean it out and just put back in the receipts I think there might be a price drop etc on.

Just returned from Target - Houston Westheimer [near Fondren Road] store.

Found lots of food items that have been further reduced to 50-75% off.

AF Salsas 75% off; MP canned tomatoes 28¢; Hunt's canned tomatoes 41¢ less manu. q of 40¢/2; MP Instant Oatmeal 10 pk $1.06; MP Stuffing Mix 43¢; bags of name brand candies 50%; etc.

There were 3 end caps full at this location.

Found some great deals in KC this morning: All the Picnic stuff was 50% at this store (Oak Park). Other stores I've seen it this week for 30%, so either they are on a different schedule or there was another markdown on that section??? Found 2Q Jr., which is that electronic game that tries to read your mind. I bought one a week or so ago for 75% off ($3.74) and I thought that was great. Well, this morning they were 85% off ($1.84)--regular $15! I couldn't believe it. They will make nice gifts. It is a fun game for my 6 year old because it is designed for "early readers".

Lots in the grocery section (all was 1/2 price):

Prego family size lasagnas ($2.94) don't expire til Apr 08

Stouffers party size lasagna ($5.34) only got one cause they expire Jun 07

Mini Corn Dog -2 boxes($.98 ea)

Market Pantry vanilla pudding 44cents for a 4 pack

Green Giant Select frozen corn (1.44 ea)

Banquet Crock Pot dinners ($2.38 ea)

Archer Farms Snack Mix (88 cents per bag)- less $1 off Archer Farms chips store coupon

Used a ton of groucery coupons on the Green Giant and Stouffers stuff. Also used a $5 off $25 purchase of pet stuff, which I had none. Also bought an 8 pack of bounty on sale for $6 and used the $5 coupon plus a Target receipt coupon, plus a manufacturers coupon.

I got an amazing amount of stuff for $37.xx It's been awhile since I've had a great trip, but this was pretty good!

Target does not do price adjustments on clearance items. If you repurchase the item at the lower price, you can return the higher priced one within the 90 day return time frame. If you don't have your receipt, and need them to do receipt look up, pay with a different form of payment as with receipt look up, it looks for the lower priced item on that card (or so that's what Target has told me).

I think this depends on the store or person you get, because I bought one of those plug n plays at $7.xx, and then they went down again, so I bought it again at the $3.xx price, went out to the parking lot, took off the sticker, and went back in to have them do a receipt lookup, explaining that I had bought it at another Target for more $$, and then bought one at their Target at the cheaper price. He didn't get that I only wanted the one, so instead of doing a return with it, he did a price adjustment. Then I told him that I wanted to return it, because I didn't think they did price adjustments on clearance, and his reply was, "I just did." :g_shrug:

I just moved from FL two years ago, and I know EXACTLY what you mean...I'd find a receipt months later (or I assumed), and I'd have no idea what it was for...funny you mentioned that!:smirk:

What exactly is included in the summer markdowns. Are lawn chairs, beach towels, etc. included? PS) Found nine minute maid juices on an end cap mixed in with other summer drinks. Jackpot for me.

What exactly is included in the summer markdowns. Are lawn chairs, beach towels, etc. included? PS) Found nine minute maid juices on an end cap mixed in with other summer drinks. Jackpot for me.

It's all of that bright colored stuff. There were all kinds of summer themed plates, some of those folding chairs, a few coolers, all kinds of stuff.

Memory Foam pillows were 50% off today. Also saw the Infinity Vacuum for 50% off (now 99.xx). Still waiting for the 20 percent more cans of Nestle formula to go lower. They have been at 19.xx for at least a week. If anyone sees the formula prices drop, please post! Thanks.

Memory Foam pillows were 50% off today. Also saw the Infinity Vacuum for 50% off (now 99.xx). Still waiting for the 20 percent more cans of Nestle formula to go lower. They have been at 19.xx for at least a week. If anyone sees the formula prices drop, please post! Thanks.

I was looking at the formula at ours too. It should drop next week. We have Good Start and Similac on sale!