Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Ok so I thought I wasn't having a good target day but after I got home (45 min. drive) I found out it was great. I had found a braun ear thermometer and it came up "item not found" so being I do read these boards I took it to a young cashier and she just looked at it a minute after scanning it and said " how does $4.00 sound" I said thank you and asked if she could mark in any kind of way incase she wasn't there when I check out, she did and so off I went for over 3 hours. Couldn't find anything on my list but did find the valentines fleece throws for 2.48, I bought 6 and left 3 or 4. All valentines were 75% off. They had some really cute little girls clothes with hearts on them for $1 to 1.50 but I don't have any little ones that need them. Don't forget to check the socks they are 75% off now also. I was able to find some really cute things in the dollar spot, like those infant t shirts for a quarter and socks for me for .62. Ok now here's the best deal, I took 12 choxie coupons with me and found all kinds so when I went to check out I had 2 things go threw first and then I said I have 12 of these candy bars and I have 12 coupons, well she didn't like me so much then and she scanned all 12 of the coupons and didn't scan not one candy bar. I double checked my receipt and they are not on there and I've totaled my receipt up twice. As I was doing that I notice she didn't ring up the braun thermometer either. So $34.00+ themometer = free, 12 choxie candy bars = free, then $12.00 off my whole order. Yeeeehaaaaa. Did see they had PS2 2 pack games down to 9 and some computer games 2.48. Saw a couple of dyson animals going out the door but scanned and they weren't on sale. Good hunting to all

Went to two Targets today. GB 50% off, but V-day stuff was only 50% off. I did find some more minute maid juice for .69! Got three Fruit punch this time. Last time they only had grape. Was disappointed that the Illustory and Seasame Street book thing was still only 50% off, so went to a different store and they had it 75% off! One of the stores was giving out free small bags of Archer Farm Garlic Parmesan chips, but both stores gave free samples of chocolate covered altoids. I sure do love this site...and Targets clearance. :)

Question- There's a piece of furniture that I really really want from GB. There's not many in any of the stores I've been to. Should I go ahead and suck it up and get it at 50% off? I'm not sure it'll be around at 75% off. AND, my guess is it will go to 75% on a day that I have to work and I wouldn't be able to be there at doorbuster time. I didn't do any of this stuff last year so I don't know whether or not to risk trying to get it later or not. Input please!! This isn't a piece that I would want to take back if I bought at 50% then found later at 75% either.

I don't want to ruin your great deals by butting in but I am in Olathe too and I have checked every Target I go to and can NEVER find the juice 10 packs. What stores are you finding these in? I usually shop at the one out by the hwy in S. Olathe on 154th St. I just bought a couple of hi-c's at full price at Wal-Mart for my son's valentine's party - dang it I wish I could find the cheap juices, LOL.

I don't want to ruin your great deals by butting in but I am in Olathe too and I have checked every Target I go to and can NEVER find the juice 10 packs. What stores are you finding these in? I usually shop at the one out by the hwy in S. Olathe on 154th St. I just bought a couple of hi-c's at full price at Wal-Mart for my son's valentine's party - dang it I wish I could find the cheap juices, LOL.

Not ruining my deals at all! I have 7 packs now to last me thru the rest of the school year! The exp. is May and July so I don't want to get sooo many that they end up going bad before we use them. The only Target I've found them at is the one on 169 in South Olathe. Near Olathe Medical. They usually sit on the right, next to the 15 packs but there is no tag underneath. Today when I went someone had sat a juicy juice in front of it. I wouldn't have seen them had I not gotten them one other time before. I bought 3 today, but since that's the one you frequent, I would check every time you go. 2 of the 3 times I've been there I've found them. Make sure and look behind all of the other juices too!

Global at 50% in my Target in NJ.

Picked up Sirrius Sattelite receiver today for 30%. Couldn't chance waiting with only 2 left.

Was annoyed that the big sky fire bowl I've been eyeing went 50% this weekend. I flinched on one of the diffrent kind a few months back.

Pretty good day at Target today. I got some Valentine's candy at 50% off. I found a lock and store crafts and ribbon holder left over from Christmas for 1.48, a hot cocoa or latte warmer and mixer for 4.xx originally 19..99, I found 3 more boxes of Minute Maid apple juice 10 packs for 0.69, I got a cozy yarn winter hat for free because it rang up 0.00 and the cashier just entered the code from the next item that was also a clearance item, I checked the receipt and the hat is no where to be found on there. I got 3 Choxie bars for free with the printed coupons even though the cashier said I could only use one and read what it said on the coupon and I said "thats right one coupon per item and I have 3 items" she decided that it wouldn't work to keep arguing with me and just scanned them anyway. I got a Gameboy Advance World Series of Poker game for 2.48. and 8 containers of sprinkles from the dollar spot for 0.25 each. :runaway::g_dance:

No luck today at Target. I went to two and they had Valentine's stuff at 50% off and GB at 50% off. There was nothing I needed so I didn't get any of that. The dollar spot was pretty clean at both since they went 75% off. I did buy a set of heart shaped measuring spoons for .62 and got 10 free choxie bars. I will be using these for Easter baskets.

went this am they had a bunch of v day stuff 75 % off got a bunch of clothes for my neices but the best part was the choxie 3 packs were 1.50 so they paid me 2.50 to take 15 candy bars outta there wooo hoooo

Nothing much tonight - and the 3 pack choxie bars were $3.00, oh well.

I found large boxes of Pampers Easy Ups today for $10 per box! They had two different style boxes, one style had like 10 or 15 more per box but both for the same price! I think it was 72 and 66 count (different sizes) for one style, the other was in the 50's but both are a great deal. I might have to find some coupons and go back for more :yup:

Don't you hate it when cashiers take the time out to read every coupon before scanning them, rather than just trying to scan them first....I especially hate when they read the coupon and misinterp. the language (e.g., that I can only one coupon per transaction, when in actuality, I can use one coupon per item...as someone else stated above). Often, I will say just "scan the coupon and see what happens"....90% of the time, it goes through. I don't let up anymore. I don't care if there are people waiting in line behind me. Now, if I know that I was taking a chance with a coupon that may or may not work, I will let it go, but I rarely try that.

Oh, and a two days ago, there was TONS of stuff in that dollar spot. Today, I went and there was a tiny section of 75% off stuff and a ton of NEW stuff at regular price (mainly Easter). What happened to the old stuff?? I can't imagine it all selling out that quickly. There were lots of sports stuff, like pillows, etc. Did anyone else manage to get those for 75% off? Who knows, maybe they did sell out fast, but I kind of suspect that they took them off the shelves or moved them. Maybe I am wrong.

Don't you hate it when cashiers take the time out to read every coupon before scanning them, rather than just trying to scan them first....I especially hate when they read the coupon and misinterp. the language (e.g., that I can only one coupon per transaction, when in actuality, I can use one coupon per item...as someone else stated above). Often, I will say just "scan the coupon and see what happens"....90% of the time, it goes through. I don't let up anymore. I don't care if there are people waiting in line behind me. Now, if I know that I was taking a chance with a coupon that may or may not work, I will let it go, but I rarely try that.

Oh, and a two days ago, there was TONS of stuff in that dollar spot. Today, I went and there was a tiny section of 75% off stuff and a ton of NEW stuff at regular price (mainly Easter). What happened to the old stuff. I can't imagine it all selling out that quickly. THere were lots of sports stuff, like pillows, etc. Did anyone else manage to get those for 75% off? Who knows, maybe they did sell out fast, but I kind of suspect that they took them off the shelves or moved them. Maybe I am wrong.

I haven't had any problems with them, but I thought I might when I first used the Choxie coupons. I had one tell me they wouldn't take it, and I told her to ask her manager. She came back and said they would. I am surprised they bother taking so long. They are rated on how fast they ring things up and finish a transaction. That is why they will suspend the transaction if you have a problem. They just move on to the next customer and come back to you. Better for them.

NO luck tonight at Target. Global Bazaar was 50% but it's still a little pricey for me since I didn't see anything I really had to have.

Does anyone know what the Do Your Room (kid's bedroom decoration) stuff falls under for markdown? I am wanting a few things there but I want to wait till it's 75% if I can. Thanks!

Not ruining my deals at all! I have 7 packs now to last me thru the rest of the school year! The exp. is May and July so I don't want to get sooo many that they end up going bad before we use them. The only Target I've found them at is the one on 169 in South Olathe. Near Olathe Medical. They usually sit on the right, next to the 15 packs but there is no tag underneath. Today when I went someone had sat a juicy juice in front of it. I wouldn't have seen them had I not gotten them one other time before. I bought 3 today, but since that's the one you frequent, I would check every time you go. 2 of the 3 times I've been there I've found them. Make sure and look behind all of the other juices too!

Thanks so much. I will check next time I am over there. I think I am just too late each time I go :) If I buy juice my kids just keep drinking it so it probably best that I don't find too many anyway.

Went to one other Target tonight and managed to remember my coupons. I got the Luv's with the $3 Target coupon and my $3 mfg coupon. I also got 2 choxie bars - they didn't have much selection. Picked up 3 bags of the Archer farms chips. The cashier didn't have any problem taking my coupons - I just gave her full pages without bothering to cut them out and she scanned just the number that I bought.

Found just a few misc. items on clearance otherwise. A few children's books and a kindergarten learning set - nothing major.

I went and bought the Valentines stuff at 75% that I got last night and returned with my 50% off receipt. So I got 3 T's at $1 each and the sugar free candy for $1.24 each. I got back $6! I will go back in the AM, they had tons of SF candy on clearance! And lots of the 3 pack of Choxie bars... so I will use the $2 coupon and get back 50 cents on each one too!

Has anyone else ever had the experience that a particular store seems to get a bunch of extra clearance items. Like, you suddenly find more than there were a few days ago kind of thing? I am bored tonight ... DH is working and the kids are in bed... so I was reading a thread on a Target employee site. Apparently they route extra clearance items to particular stores sometimes. They do it for stores that are better at selling more items with the lesser discount (15-30% range). Just thought that was interesting. I have, from time to time, seen boxes on carts on the sales floor of some stores that are marked "Tagged Clearance Ready to be Worked." Apparently this is stuff they get from their distribution center that is already red tagged for them.

So, if you see that kind of thing a lot, it might mean your store clears things out before the deeper discounts. It also might explain where some of the things we are watching end up if they don't go to salvage.

I went and bought the Valentines stuff at 75% that I got last night and returned with my 50% off receipt. So I got 3 T's at $1 each and the sugar free candy for $1.24 each. I got back $6! I will go back in the AM, they had tons of SF candy on clearance! And lots of the 3 pack of Choxie bars... so I will use the $2 coupon and get back 50 cents on each one too!

You are lucky they allowed you to return. They are very strict at our Target on seasonal items, they can not be returned once it goes to the next % off, like I bought at 50% and returned them after it went 75%. It does say right on the back of their receipts (or did) that seasonal stuff will be refunded at the present day price. I can though return the $1 stuff at the front of the store (see spot section), in fact I have some that I bought at 50% that I can return since I got the same thing at 75%

Today's trip 10 Dr Pepper, 10 candy bars, 10 bags of chips. Total $17.15 Love Target coupons. Checker wanted to limit number of candy bars, had to call manager. He said to let me have them. Checker complained the whole time she rang me up. That printing off that many coupons was wrong, Target was going to lose to much money, that they (i guess employes) could not do it. Then did not want to let me use the chips coupon because there was .01 difference. Manager came again, told her to change amount on each one to .99. You would think it was coming out of here pocket. :)

I ended up going and getting the furniture piece I wanted and I love it! Used some choxie coupons and chip coupons for the first time. They let me use the chip one on the small bags too. Had quite a few 3 pack choxies in Vday stuff, but was only 50% off. Hoping tomorrow will be 75% off so I can get some choxie three packs with the coupon. I bought one set today but they'd only use one coupon.

Me too nikkilugi!! I keep seeing these posts about that darn juice. I always glance when I'm in the juice aisle, but I only see the 15 packs of Minute Maid (except for the orange juice boxes, which scan at $3.xx). Guess that deal missed this part of the country:gdangry4: