Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2007

1angelnhvn

Finally, I've got something to add. You guys have been beating me to the post lately. The invitations were getting marked down today. Some were already marked 50% off, but now a whole bunch more are 30%. They were also marking down the gift bags. That's all I can report on for now.

I had a great weekend at Target on Saturday the Global B stuff hit 50% off I picked up a few things then I saw a black library table on a shelf by itself with no price tag I asked someone to scan it and I got it for $32.00 I was happy because just Saturday morning our new furniture was delivered and I told my husband now all we need is a black library table.

I also picked up thomas Adler large black windo rod for $17.00 and curtains.

Valentines was only 50% off but I was ok with that since GB was 50% off!!!!

I didn't find any real deals today. I am waiting for GB to go to 75% since there isn't anything I really need but a couple of things I want. I did find a Wilton set of 3 heart shaped springform pans for 75% off. I was happy to find those. They were in a shopping cart full of V-day stuff. I think they were moving all of it but there wasn't much left.

I think my local Targets are onto us and this site. The Rossford store is on top of everything. Nothing rings up less than what is marked. Went to two other Targets and couldn't find much of anything on any end caps. I think they sent it to other stores or it got packed up and sent to that inventory sale place. Does anyone get the feeling they are being watched when they are perusing? I feel funny trotting over to the scanners with everything and then putting it back because it isn't scanning at the price I want to pay. I did finally remember to look at the Cascade buckets but they kept scanning full price so I put them back. So nothing spectacular today. Just bought a 10 pack of mens socks and a clearanace belt (4.98) for DS. GB was 50% off at all four stores I stopped at but don't want any of that anyway. Oh well, will be going to Columbus next weekend and they have a SuperTarget. Hoping to have luck there.

I didn't find much today, a little dress for $1.99, some chips and 10 Choxie bars. Boy did I make that cashier mad! She had a fit, called customer service and asked her if there was any way they could limit the Choxie bars because 10 of them was a bit excessive! She just kept going on and on. She told me about another lady who got 40 a couple days ago (oh, so that's where they all went ;) ). She finally said I could have them this time but she was going to be sure to contact someone to make sure they could limit them next time. She acted like she was the one having to pay for them!

I too am a Target Addict. My family has been telling me for several years now that I need a 12 step program as well :yup: Funny, I'm the first one they call when looking for a good deal :razz:

i had a great day at target! i transferred a prescription and got a $20 gift card..then went and got (with my gift card) the clearance hot rollers $13.98 and 8 3 pack of choxies and 5 truffles for free!! also got 6 bags of chips for free!! I am having a baby shower tomorrow and will be using the boxes of truffles for prizes!! good day!

Not really any good Vday stuff left. Might get a few girls t-shirts if they are still there at 90%....wait, do they go 90% on Vday stuff???

Had a different problem with the chip thing though. Bought one reg size bag for DD's lunches (tortilla) and 3 small 99cent bags. 3 coupons went through, but the 4th would not. This was not the check out girl either (I picked someone who looked like they might not really know what's going on) and she was scanning away, but the 4th wouldn't work. So I go back through the line again after I paid because I realized my dishwashing detergent was still in my cart and I hadn't paid for it (duh!) so I go back through, try one more small bag of chips with a different coupon (just in case the other was smudged) and it still didn't work. This happen to anyone else?????

Oh, after watching a pair of Dora jammies at 50% off for the last month, they FINALLY went 75% off. 2 pairs of jammies for under $5.00. :)

Everytime I have used the coupons for the Choxie candy bars the checker has a hard time scanning them. One day the checker had to call someone else over and he held them at an angle and they scanned right away. The next time I got some and used my coupons they would not scan and I told him if he would hold the coupon at an angle it would probably scan and it did!

They had to use the scanner gun to do it. I should have explained that when I first posted this.

Everytime I have used the coupons for the Choxie candy bars the checker has a hard time scanning them. One day the checker had to call someone else over and he held them at an angle and they scanned right away. The next time I got some and used my coupons they would not scan and I told him if he would hold the coupon at an angle it would probably scan and it did!

They always have to use the scanner gun on mine.

What's weird is, she was using the gun. When she'd scan it, it made some crazy noise, but wouldn't actually run/take. It was on the chips though. I had choxie coupons, they worked....and 3 of the chip coupons worked when I bought the large bag and 3 small bags...but 4 coupons wouldn't work. So when I tried one coupon for one small bag, that wouldn't work either. Oh well, no biggie. I'll just try again another day at another Target. :)

I got 6 Choxie bars ($3.00 each) and used my coupons which wouldn't scan. So she tpyed in some stuff and took off the $3.oo for each one, even though the coupon clearly said $2.00. I also got 4 girls Valentines capris for $1.50 each. Then when I got home I found a bottle of curl defining hair gel in my bag-it wasn't anything we picked up/or paid for, but I will use it. ooooops! It was a good shopping trip for us!

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread for a while and you all are great at this perusing stuff... :) question, do the V-day items go to 90%?? I went to target today and they were at 75% but alot of the stuff was being packed in boxes...

I think my local Targets are onto us and this site. The Rossford store is on top of everything. Nothing rings up less than what is marked. Went to two other Targets and couldn't find much of anything on any end caps. I think they sent it to other stores or it got packed up and sent to that inventory sale place. Does anyone get the feeling they are being watched when they are perusing? I feel funny trotting over to the scanners with everything and then putting it back because it isn't scanning at the price I want to pay. I did finally remember to look at the Cascade buckets but they kept scanning full price so I put them back. So nothing spectacular today. Just bought a 10 pack of mens socks and a clearanace belt (4.98) for DS. GB was 50% off at all four stores I stopped at but don't want any of that anyway. Oh well, will be going to Columbus next weekend and they have a SuperTarget. Hoping to have luck there.

Are you originally from Ohio? I'm from the Springfield area so I usually hit up that Target or the one in Huber Heights or Beaver Creek? Which ones do you frequent, maybe we can keep an eye out for things for each other! Let me know!

It's become like a game for me to head to Target everyday and see what bargains I can find. I find that if I don't find any good deals I am depressed for the rest of the day....does anyone else go through this? Hmmmm maybe I should sign up for that 12 step program!

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread for a while and you all are great at this perusing stuff... :) question, do the V-day items go to 90%?? I went to target today and they were at 75% but alot of the stuff was being packed in boxes...

It should, though some stores will just salvage it out. That happened for Halloween at one of our stores. They are in a BIG hurry to get Easter stuff set out. They might also just box it up so they can get Easter set and stick the Vday stuff on an end cap or two.

It's become like a game for me to head to Target everyday and see what bargains I can find. I find that if I don't find any good deals I am depressed for the rest of the day....does anyone else go through this? Hmmmm maybe I should sign up for that 12 step program!

:yup: Oh yes! I am the same way :yup: I wake up in the morning and try to talk myself out of going. By the afternoon I'm on my way ... It's like a treasure hunt, seeing what I can find and when I come home with no good deals I'm bummed :( and sit, wondering, if maybe I missed something and should go back or maybe head to the store 45 miles away. I've lost my mind, but I guess everyone has to have a hobby :yup:

It has become a "game" for me as well. If I go 4 or 5 days without finding a bargain, I feel kinda bad as well.

Are you originally from Ohio? I'm from the Springfield area so I usually hit up that Target or the one in Huber Heights or Beaver Creek? Which ones do you frequent, maybe we can keep an eye out for things for each other! Let me know!

I am in NW Ohio, just south of Toledo so I am hitting the Toledo/Rossford stores. I only geet to your area when I'm driving down I75 into Kentucky and then cutting over to Indiana to visit my brother. I believe I will be keeping my eyes open for Target stores from now on during all my travels/vacations and will probably have to stop and peruse:-)

"geet" should be get

Didn't really find any deals yesterday. I did pick up a few choxie bars and chips :) I also got some auto cleaning wipes for $1.98. There is a lot of items on clearance in the auto cleaning area if anyone needs (all 50% off) - like detail brushes, larger brushes for washing, cleaning wipes, sprays, and solutions.

I have my eye on a couple things in GB, but I don't have to have them and will wait to see if they are there at 75% off.

V-day was cleaned out! No chocolate to be found :( I did get a few onsies with hearts on them to give to my cousin for $1.25 each.

I checked out most of my local Targets yesterday. The Global Bazaar was all still 50% off, but there is hardly anything left. Lucky for me they still had most of the things I wanted between the ones I went to, so I picked them up instead of waiting for 75% off. It's starting to look like there will be nothing left by that point.

Does anyone have any idea when it's going to 75% off? There are still a couple of furniture pieces that I am holding out for.

All of them still seemed to have a decent size section of 75% off Valentine's left, though there was pretty much no chocolate left at any of them.

I checked out most of my local Targets yesterday. The Global Bazaar was all still 50% off, but there is hardly anything left. Lucky for me they still had most of the things I wanted between the ones I went to, so I picked them up instead of waiting for 75% off. It's starting to look like there will be nothing left by that point.

Does anyone have any idea when it's going to 75% off? There are still a couple of furniture pieces that I am holding out for.

All of them still seemed to have a decent size section of 75% off Valentine's left, though there was pretty much no chocolate left at any of them.

I wrote down the clearance schedules from the last couple of years and I have that on Feb 23rd last year, the Global stuff went to 75%

Didn't really find any deals yesterday. I did pick up a few choxie bars and chips :) I also got some auto cleaning wipes for $1.98. There is a lot of items on clearance in the auto cleaning area if anyone needs (all 50% off) - like detail brushes, larger brushes for washing, cleaning wipes, sprays, and solutions.

I have my eye on a couple things in GB, but I don't have to have them and will wait to see if they are there at 75% off.

V-day was cleaned out! No chocolate to be found :( I did get a few onsies with hearts on them to give to my cousin for $1.25 each.

Which Target were you at that had all the auto cleaning stuff 50%? That's the kind of stuff I like to put in my nephews stocking :) I'm heading over towards Columbus tomorrow.

I live in Bellefontaine, but the Targets I usually hit are over in the Columbus area. I try to get over there once a week, so I'd be happy to keep an eye out for things for you! :D

I wrote down the clearance schedules from the last couple of years and I have that on Feb 23rd last year, the Global stuff went to 75%

Looks like that would make sense, it was on a Thursday, so probably this Thursday when the rest of home gets marked. Thanks! :yup: