Your Thoughts on Zune vs iPods 30GB

maritza68

I struggled with this and the Best Buy guy recommended the Zune. You can delete or add 1 item at a time instead of having to re load your whole list. You can also share items with friends that have Zunes. I purchased this for my teen daughter. They have Nanos now. We'll see!

Zune. The people who say iPod are people who have an iPod and have never given the Zune a chance. And by chance, I mean more then 10 seconds of play. The Zune uses a different interface, so people who are used to iPods think it's clunky and hard to deal with. Once you get used to it, you realize it's a much better system than the iPod. If you've never used the iPod, you won't have anything to worry about anyways. I've had both, the Zune is better and the screen is larger for picture viewing anyways.

Guest spectraflamed
If just for video I would consider going with the largest capacity possible so I think the 80 GB? Ipod might be best for your needs. If for music I have to wonder since it seems like both Ipod and Zune are limited on what they can play or how many times they can play them (ie. downloads from walmart will not work on either) I believe Creative does not have these issues.

If just for video I would consider going with the largest capacity possible so I think the 80 GB? Ipod might be best for your needs. If for music I have to wonder since it seems like both Ipod and Zune are limited on what they can play or how many times they can play them (ie. downloads from walmart will not work on either) I believe Creative does not have these issues.

Who has 80G of music? Really? 30G is plenty.

Kristy

I struggled with this and the Best Buy guy recommended the Zune. You can delete or add 1 item at a time instead of having to re load your whole list. You can also share items with friends that have Zunes. I purchased this for my teen daughter. They have Nanos now. We'll see!

Hmm, my wife has an older 10 gig IPOD and I add and delete songs 1 at a time all the time. I use realaudio as the docking program though and have done some re-configuring on it.

The only thing that would be an issue to me is battery life. This old IPOD is horrible. It lasts maybe about 4 hours at best before needing a recharge. The battery needs changing I guess, but I figure how long before the battery went with a new one? So if the ZUNE's battery holds up better, I'd probably go with that.

Guest spectraflamed

Who has 80G of music? Really? 30G is plenty.

Kristy

The original post said it would be mainly used for photos not music thus 80 GB might be the best choice.

By the way -- to whomever made the comment about sharing songs with friends with the Zune..

When you share a song, it's only good for 3 plays. Then it's done.

I've purchased 4 ipods. The Zune was waaaay too bulky and I don't like the navigation of the Zen.