Need to buy a bunch of DVD's for my two kids...$100 or so total...List some good ones

I cant think of anything really and everything I do I think theres a better deal on it out there so I dont order it.

Im pretty much done my shopping now, but just wanna get them both one last thing which will be a few movies.(7 1/2 and 3 1/2 yrs old)

Whats out there???

thanks!:yup:

Some stuff we have gotten recently

Ice Age 2-GREAT

The Wild

Cars

Barnyard

Over The Hedge-GREAT

The Fox and the Hound 2

The Ant Bully

Monster House

The Little Mermaid

Curious George

Garfield

and they just released some Looney tunes collections

Great list. We have or will have (Santa is bringing some): Ice Age 2 (gift), The Wild, Cars, Over the Hedge, Ant Bully (gift), and Garfield.

I would NOT recommend Monster House for small children who are easily spooked. We saw it at the movies and my 5 year old liked it, but his friend was all freaked out by it.

These aren't "new" but my boys liked the airbud movies. We watched cheaper by the dozen as a family.

The Sandlot

Homeward Bound 1&2

Shrek & Shrek 2

Valiant

Shark Tales

Jungle Book

Mighty Joe Young

Those are just a couple that I thought of off the top of my head. Most are older so they should be cheaper.

Veggie-Tale movies are good too.

My kids loved these movies at that age! I didn't mind them either. They are religous-based, but not overtly so. Basically they take a theme from the bible and make it silly and easy to understand ("be kind to your neighbor"). I was wary at first, but love them. Plus they reinforce listening to your parents and asking them when you have questions or problems. Jonah and the Whale was a good "feature" movie. I just love all the music-what a great way to sneak in music appreciation, lol.

We/they also loved SharkTales. Bambi 1 and 2. They also liked Lady and the Tramp, Scamp (lady and the tramp part 2) and The Brave Little Toaster series. They were old then, so don't know if you can find it anymore; you'll recognize the voices (Jon Luvitz, and the guy who did Tony the Tiger).

Brother Bear is a favorite here

I also suggest:

Sound of Music

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Mary Poppins

Lion King

Willy Wonka (the original)

Wizard of Oz

I have 2 teenage boys and they still watch these and Finding Nemo is quoted here like a religion, then again so is Daddy Day Care and the Original Dr. Doolittle.

hope that helps

I have to agree with the others that say Veggie Tales. They are Christian based though so if these are not your beliefs you might want to steer clear. That being said my kids loved them, DD is 13 and still will watch them lol.

Are they boys or girls? If they are girls that opens up all the "princess" disney movies. Boys you have all the spiderman cartoons ;).

Target has a really good everyday price on some movies and their sequels. For example, they have the Free Willy movies, 1,2 & 3 (comes all on one disc, less discs to mess with ;-) for $10! I think that is a great deal! They also had 3 Lassie movies, and some other titles. I called my SIL who owns a preschool/daycare and she wanted me to pick up both mentioned above, she is always looking for the good, clean movies like this that are sometimes hard to find now. She said all her kids ever watch is stuff like Scooby Doo, Power Rangers etc. and wanted to get them interested in some classics. Hope this helps!! :yup:

Target has a really good everyday price on some movies and their sequels. For example, they have the Free Willy movies, 1,2 & 3 (comes all on one disc, less discs to mess with ;-) for $10! I think that is a great deal! They also had 3 Lassie movies, and some other titles. I called my SIL who owns a preschool/daycare and she wanted me to pick up both mentioned above, she is always looking for the good, clean movies like this that are sometimes hard to find now. She said all her kids ever watch is stuff like Scooby Doo, Power Rangers etc. and wanted to get them interested in some classics. Hope this helps!! :yup:

Yes, Veggie tails are a TERRIFIC choice; broad base of age range, too :yup:

Brother Bear is a favorite here

I also suggest:

Sound of Music

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Mary Poppins

Lion King

Willy Wonka (the original)

Wizard of Oz

I have 2 teenage boys and they still watch these and Finding Nemo is quoted here like a religion, then again so is Daddy Day Care and the Original Dr. Doolittle.

hope that helps

Are we related?!! LOL!! "SHARK BAIT OH AH AH!!" LOL!

These are some great classics. My ds ( 2 and 3) love willy wonka. They call it the old willy wanka and then of course there is the new willy wonka.