Buy.com

Morriti

I was really upset - all I wanted was the product and they denied me twice! I've never had that kind of dis-service before!! When I called to report it, they left me on hold for 20 minutes, but I still gave them a chance to right the wrong - you know?

I have bought from them 3 times this Holiday season and everything arrived quickly and in good order. I did have a small problem with a missing CD from the photo printer and they sent it right away. Keep on them, I am glad you were able to get your money back from the bank

I have ordered quite a bit from them this year ( couldn't resist the 20-50 GCO promotion) I have had no problems with them at all.

And I can honestly say I have never gotten an empty box shipped to me from anyone! That's pretty horrid CS you received from them.

I have ordered at least a half dozen items from Buy.com over the past few years. I have recieved all my shipments correctly and in a timely manner each time. Shipping an empty box was probably not intentional...

You should check with the shipping company to see what the package weight was that was shipped to you. If you ordered something that was a few pounds, you should be able to testify that the package should have weighed more than what was actually shipped.

ORDER FROM THEM, the whole thread was (probably) started by (you enter explitive here) i.e.: grump, 8 yr old; company espionage, etc.....

Their site is kicking mega butt, well, hold on there, check that. I'm AM sorry for your difficulties, but reading posts saying ... I dont think..... Congrats, your goal has been met.

Now get on with it.... I everyday (just about) have purchased from buy.com. and with no shipping (cripes that's gonna run out in the next day or two), meaning 7-9 days I've received everything, to the tune of serious 'dinero, spent, saved, and rebated.

You folks sitting on the wire, we all hope it is an isolated incident, but they're still getting my business.

I've never had any problems with Buy.com. Sorry you have though. I agree with the previous poster - check with the shipping company for the weight.

To the person who said they are waiting for 2 weeks for a book - have you checked the tracking number on your order? I have never had a problem since they ALWAYS give tracking numbers!

Waiting for my order since nov 29. Still shows ON ORDER. After contacting numerous time

I get this response Please read their response

Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

We apologize that the delivery of your order is taking longer than

expected. Due to a setback from the manufacturer, item #203482797 on

your order is currently on backorder.

We update our web site once every 24 hours. Occasionally, items run out

of stock before we can update this information. We are working on

providing more frequent updates in the future.

Currently, we do not have an estimated time of arrival. You will receive

an email from us once the product you ordered ships.

If you decide not to wait for this product, you may request for a

cancellation by visiting our web site at: http://www.buy.com/corp/support/login.asp?What=cancel

We thank you for your patience in the matter. Please contact us with any

further questions you may have. Your satisfaction is important to us.

Please add [email protected] to your contact list to

prevent your spam filter from filtering out this message.

Sincerely,

Buy.com Customer Service

www.buy.com

I ordered from them a few times last year for Christmas, and had no problems. I also ordered from them a couple of times during the year, without any problems.

The long shipment times are to be expected. It's the holiday season, so between the store and the shipping carrier, it's going to happen if you wait until December to order something online (or even the end of November).

I was upset, though, that I went to compare some prices on a couple of items I'll be ordering from Best Buy, and they upped the free shipping on most of the items to being $75+ qualifies for free shipping. So I'll be getting everything cheaper through Best Buy, and picking it up in the store.

I have placed and received over 15 orders in the past 3 weeks. I just got the last item today (mouse that will only cost .01 after rebate). I received all orders within 9 days of my order and each order was correct. Very happy with all of my purchases. Where else can you get 3 dvds including new releases for $30 shipped thanks to Google Checkout? I have been saving so much money this season! :)

The second time I filed a claim they told me the weight matched when the shipping company sent it out. Did I say empty box? I meant to say they shipped me a box of brown packing material and nothing else. I hope everyone else has good luck with them - there is nothing worse than being called a liar - I personally will never do business with them again. . .

Has anyone noticed a lot of companies are using "tamper free" tape to seal their boxes? I've received shipments from Walmart and Cabelas with this sort of tape - it basically has a message printed all over it, and you can tell if it's been re-sealed. Maybe theft is becoming a problem?

Yes I've tracked the checking number. I'm not retarded. This is what it says. Which in my mind means they haven't even shipped it.

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 30, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

WOW WHAT TRACKING! COMPLETE BULL****!

OK, the only thing I can relate to is M's comment on tamper free tape. Yes there are experiences with high dollar-small size items stopped from being stocked overseas because of shipping theft. I missed out on alot of Bose equipment because of that back in the eighties though. Maybee its time to look at the shipping handler for a theft claim.

Three days free ship left!!! And to mimic above post, their shipping has been very fast. Did notice that some items are from west coast (CA), and some from East (PA).

Yes I've tracked the checking number. I'm not retarded. This is what it says. Which in my mind means they haven't even shipped it.

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 30, 2006 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

WOW WHAT TRACKING! COMPLETE BULL****!

USPS is the worst when it comes to holiday season shipping, from my experience. The tracking numbers for them never help, either, as the message you're receiving is the only one you're probably going to receive.

USPS is the worst when it comes to holiday season shipping, from my experience. The tracking numbers for them never help, either, as the message you're receiving is the only one you're probably going to receive.

That's because Delivery Confirmation # is not a tracking #. It is what it says...delivery confirmation. The USPS is quite a bit behind the times in the tracking department. If you want true tracking from the PO, you have to use Express mail.