What did you buy for Toys for Tots?

sm1kla

A StarWars Transformer, StarWars Legos, Match Box PopUp Construction Zone, Sorry Game (With Talking Pawn), and Imaginex Dinosaur. Will probably pick up a couple of footballs and soccor balls before collection period ends.

PS. We were going to do the Toys R Us toys for tots becasue they are matching toys, until we saw someone at our local store digging through one of the containers looking for an item. No one working seemed to care or notice.

We are taking ours to location were Marines are collecting them - The Zoo.

I used to work for an agency that was the distrubtion coordinator for TFT...yes, if you possible can, make your donation to the Marines in person or a coordination site...we heard ALL the time how those toy stores donation bins were rummaged through...and plenty of the bins were stolen from...we had 3 that were emptied at a BANK!!!!

We donate toys to a local charity, Christmas Cheer, rather than Toys for Tots, but I picked up one of each of the $4, $7, and $8 board games with rebates at Target on BF, as well as each of the holiday Fashion Fever Barbies and Christmas Morning Barbie. With my $10 Target coupon, it came to 21 toys for $85...four bucks a toy... woohoo! :woot2:

I donated a box of assorted toys/games for ages from about 1 to 6 - 7. It's a nice way to teach kids about the nice feelings that come with giving to those that are not as fortunate. Sometimes kids are blinded by that fact and have difficulty grasping the fact that there are many kids that can only dream about the sort of life that many of us have. Actually so are some adults.

I have only got one thing so far, my DH and I went to TRU shopping and I got one of the Dora dolls for $5.99(because I spent over $50) to put in our local Toy Drive bin. But I will have my children both pick something out for kids their age(9 & 11) and donate them too.