Layaways @ Wal-mart to go on Clearance 12/18

t_mulkey

While waiting in line for a computer on BF morning, the Wal-Mart associate guarding the computers, gave us some inside info. She told us that all of the layaways that were not picked by the deadline will be returned to the sales floor at clearance prices. She said that WM employees have until 12/15 to get their layaways off and then it would take the weekend to clear out the layaway rooms. She said to be sure and come back on the following Monday for the deals.

Sheesh what is Wal-mart doing?? Phasing this out, making this disappear?? No more layaway?? I banned Wal-mart for their lack of Customer Service, Rude Managers, No Policy is ever set in stone - sometimes they are just making this scrap up and their pricing was way off on things. I mean what is next, they close all their stores and refer everyone to their website? :sidesplit

WALMART, FIRE YOUR EXECS, THEY ARE MAKING YOU LOSE MONEY.!!

a credit card isn't always a good option....especially store-specific cards where the interest rate is higher...

however, something I hadn't even considered before but read on here and makes perfect sense....there are lots of people who used LAW to help hide the gifts! For those in small houses or apartments with no storage, it was a perfect solution!

I liked LAW. When we were just starting out, we had no credit, like most people. It enabled us to get what we needed a little at a time. Not to mention when we lived in a tiny 2 bedroom 700 sq. ft. apartment, we had no where to put "santa" for our son. We have credit now, but still do not have a credit card. I refuse. Have you seen the interest on the WM card, sheesh! Just one more way for them to make money if you ask me.

however, something I hadn't even considered before but read on here and makes perfect sense....there are lots of people who used LAW to help hide the gifts! For those in small houses or apartments with no storage, it was a perfect solution!

That's exactly what I did and it worked out wonderfully!! I know I've spent WAYYYY less at WM since I couldn't add to my layaway on BF.

We have a brand new Super Walmart and the sewing/fabric area is much less then what we had in the old Walmart. Craft sections are way less too. I don't get it since it's an hour ride one way to go to a craft sotre. They had the market cornered here for that stuff. But must be the new WM trend. Buy it - don't sew it or make it. :yuck:

I doubt they will clearance items just because they were on layaway, it will probably just be put back on the shelves.

It would not make sense to clearance when most items are still on the shelf at regular price.

You may find something they are out of that has been in layaway put back on counter(ElmoTMX, etc.)

That's exactly what I did and it worked out wonderfully!! I know I've spent WAYYYY less at WM since I couldn't add to my layaway on BF.

me too...$15 to be exact...compared to the $400 iI put on layaway the last few years. I am sure we are not the only ones who spent way less. Wal Mart may just see way lighter pockets this season.

I don't know if I can post this here...if not I'm sorry but after seeing the posts it seems to make sense.

I saw a petition online that is being submitted to Walmart to try and save LAW. I can't post url's but if you google Layaway petition walmart, its the first link.

Don't know if it will help but it can't hurt.

We have a brand new Super Walmart and the sewing/fabric area is much less then what we had in the old Walmart. Craft sections are way less too. I don't get it since it's an hour ride one way to go to a craft sotre. They had the market cornered here for that stuff. But must be the new WM trend. Buy it - don't sew it or make it. :yuck:

The craft section isn't one of their high-ticket, high-profit areas...so if it goes away or gets scaled down, that's why. That's the one thing that really made the difference to me between W'mart and the rest of the stores (Target, etc)...the craft section. Hope it is a rumor. :mad:

The craft section isn't one of their high-ticket, high-profit areas...so if it goes away or gets scaled down, that's why. That's the one thing that really made the difference to me between W'mart and the rest of the stores (Target, etc)...the craft section. Hope it is a rumor. :mad:

I completely agree