Who else is ordering online from WM instead of fighting the crowds?

teresa92

I ordered from walmart.com this year instead of going there. Last year I got hit in the head with a flying dvd player :shock:

Anyways, I got the Thomas set, 5 pairs of the kid PJ sets, a game set (clue jr/scrabble jr) and the Little People set... and a DVD! I also ordered two more pairs of the PJ sets for my mom to give to my neices!

~ Erin

Ordered online at 10:00-ish last night before going to bed. (I was actually surprised they were letting us!) Got the digital camera and the Lexmark printer. I did the same thing on the Old Navy site. Forget the cold, forget the crowds....THIS is the way to do it. It is now 8:30 a.m., my time, and I'm just waking to reports on the tv of crowds and craziness. I don't feel like I missed a thing!:2cloud9:

I tried to order this morning but couldn't because of crashes. Had to suck it up because I needed to leave to get in line at Target. Got everything there, then to BBW, then decided to try a non Supercenter walmart on the side of town where there's no mall, target, BB, CC, etc....we got there at 7:30 and they still had 6 42in plasmas...tons of the other electronics...and a stack of bratz dolls taller than me!! You wouldn't have known it was even black friday by being in there. We have a ton of supercenters here and I think because it was not a SC (and no other shopping around there) no one was there! I got everything I wanted from there + some I wasn't going to even try to get, only because no one was there. It was awesome. I'm definately going to that walmart from now on!

My sister, Daisimae, called me at 4:15 a.m. to wake me up (she was in a CC line...lol). I was on WalMart.com at 5:05 a.m. and was able to order the $49.87 Portable DVD Player for Dad with no problems. I ordered memory cards at BB and then DVD+Rs at RS (free shipping!!!). This was so painless compared to last year's experience at CC. I'm spoiled!!!!:)

anybody else still having log in and check out problems at walmart.com? ive been trying since abt 6:30 am and it still is lagging bad on every page, and i can get to the cart ive made(sometimes) ,try to check out and i get a internet explorer window saying it cant display page. this is so aggravating and im unable to go to a store in person as my daughter is really sick.:mad:

I tried for an hour at 5am to order on line and I gave up. I tried again at 9am and I was able to get one of the early bird items on line BUT it took a lot of patience. I prepared and fed my child breakfast and was done before I could finally check out (it took 1/2 hr to get one item and check out).... but I was successful. Keep trying!

I am working on about 7 hours straight now .... refreshing the page.

Once I got as far as entering my cc #, then BAM !!!!

THIS STINKS !!!

I go to Walmart.com and click on my shopping cart and get this message:

We did not recognize the address you typed in. Please check the spelling and try again.

I have checked out at Staples, Office Depot, Koh'ls and JC Penney with NO trouble at all.

I am having trouble too. I was trying to order the kids Christmas Pj set. But when I get to the checkout it just stops. I called the 800 number and it says "we are experiencing technical difficulties...." Now it is almost 11. Will I still be able to get the price after 11 since it is their fault that the website is not working?????

My sister, Daisimae, called me at 4:15 a.m. to wake me up (she was in a CC line...lol). I was on WalMart.com at 5:05 a.m. and was able to order the $49.87 Portable DVD Player for Dad with no problems. I ordered memory cards at BB and then DVD+Rs at RS (free shipping!!!). This was so painless compared to last year's experience at CC. I'm spoiled!!!!:)

The site was updated with the Black Friday deals (at least the ones I wanted) at about 4:11 EST. I was done ordering at about 4:15. I'm glad I didn't wait until 5am because I didn't want to get screwed because the site was too busy. Sorry to hear some of you were having so much trouble.

Great... I've been trying to check out for 3 hours now and just got a message that the website is now down for maintenance... you would really think they would have planned for this. I'm going to start checking other sites and take my business somewhere else!!

I am working on about 7 hours straight now .... refreshing the page.

Once I got as far as entering my cc #, then BAM !!!!

THIS STINKS !!!

I go to Walmart.com and click on my shopping cart and get this message:

We did not recognize the address you typed in. Please check the spelling and try again.

I have checked out at Staples, Office Depot, Koh'ls and JC Penney with NO trouble at all.

I hope they honor the sale prices for the rest of the day because it's not fair to the buyers who have been attempting to checkout all morning. I also had a similar problem at Wal-mart.com only in my case, the website stated it didn't recognize my password. I was finally able to get through checkout after many attempts but see now that it's once again down for "scheduled maintenance". Even a call to customer service was useless as the agent told me that they were unable to pull up any order info. Seems I got lucky. I hope you all are able to get your shopping done when they get the site back up. Good luck!

I got the Vsmile and a DVD online at 4:30 this morning. It was a little slow during the checkout, but not bad.

Then around 10:30 I saw the little people sets and went to order one and haven't been able to get it through the checkout. I can't even get it to log in without crashing.

I would recommend that everyone who had problems with the Wal-Mart web site go to their Help page and send them a note about how much trouble you had...

At the top of any page click HELP. At the bottom of the Help page there are 3 columns of links. One is About Walmart.com. Click on the About Walmart.com link and then on the Contact Us: We Site Customer Service link. Finally there is an E-mail link that takes you to a form you can fill out regarding your complaint.

I would have just posted a link but this is my first entry and I am not allowed to :(.