CAUGHT FED EX driver Drop kicking my sons playstation2!!!!

I ordered 129.00 ps2 from walmart and tonight a guy goes up to my half open garage door (i thought it was my daughters boyfriend since i couldnt see his face)..suddenly a box DROPS to the ground and the guy with heavy boots on KICKS the box across half my garage. (i have a 3 car garage so no small kick!)

OMG i was so pissed. I still thinking it was her boyfriend, yell WHAT THE HELL!

The guy takes off to his car and speeds off.

I call and file a complaint and get my shipping refunded and request follow up by this guys manager..but still...UNBELIEVABLE!

We all know how delicate those ps2's are so my gosh, im just so upset he actually made me cry!

Fed Ex doesn't drive cars. Maybe it was delivered to the wrong house?

Actually, in recent months I have had a fed-ex guy come to deliver packages in his own vehicle and in regular clothes, he has come twice, not sure why, once was even on the weekend, I don't know maybe he was trying to get a jump start on his deliveries, I thought it was kind of weird as well.

This happen to anyone else?

that is scary if they are delivering in plain clothes in their own cars. if i don't know who it is at the door, i don't answer!

i hope your ps is okay, that was so ignorant. maybe he thought it was a ps3 and was mad and figured if he couldn't have one, neither could you . . . .

Hmmm... I forget where I heard this, but I know someone told me before that there's one part of Fed Ex delivery (FedEx Home Delivery) that is not done by Fed Ex employees, but rather they are subcontracted (is that the right word?). The drivers of those have to lease the Fed Ex truck they use (or maybe use their own vehicle?).

Now I'm going to have to research this. I know I heard that somewhere before.

My sister used to be a store mgr., and dealt with alot of truck drivers/delivery people and she said they have to buy their own trucks, she has seen them use u-hauls before when their trucks were broke down. Just thought I'd let you know. Oh, hope the ps2 is ok!

Fed Ex and UPS rent vans around here during the Holiday season because they don't have enough trucks to keep up with all the extra packages. Maybe the guy forgot the package or something and was told he had to deliver it tonight and he was just mad at that.

I hope he gets in trouble and that your PS2 is ok, or that it is promptly replaced.

Actually, in recent months I have had a fed-ex guy come to deliver packages in his own vehicle and in regular clothes, he has come twice, not sure why, once was even on the weekend, I don't know maybe he was trying to get a jump start on his deliveries, I thought it was kind of weird as well.

when i called, which was immediatly to walmart, since it didnt say fed ex on the package i had no idea who delivered it since the guy was wearing street clothes, jeans, driving a car...but they assured me fed ex did it. Then when they looked up the tracking invoice it stated that it had just been delivered inside my garage...OMG .

sO when i called fed ex they said that it was unacceptable what he did and that the main fed ex drivers are way more careful than the home delivery drivers. I didnt know they used alternates, but evidently due to xmas they hire outside delivery companies!! Had no idea till today :( Its cheaper to deliver like that so walmart is using it i guess.

I did get refunded shipping and will be returning the drop kicked ps2!

Hmmm... I forget where I heard this, but I know someone told me before that there's one part of Fed Ex delivery (FedEx Home Delivery) that is not done by Fed Ex employees, but rather they are subcontracted (is that the right word?). The drivers of those have to lease the Fed Ex truck they use (or maybe use their own vehicle?).

Now I'm going to have to research this. I know I heard that somewhere before.

yup i didnt see this before my response but what i just basically said. And absolutely was in a car, not a truck, van or anything related to fed ex. He might have had a sign on the door but didnt get a good look.

What a pain for you to have to go through the hassle of having to return it. I think I've been luckly my the drivers of fedex and ups. They're always in uniforms, and company vehicles. They should all be in uniforms with company vehicles for safety purposes alone. I wouldn't open the door if it was someone I didn't know, and they had no identifing uniform.

YES, I have had them deliver in vans with no markings on them what-so-ever. I don't open the door and I just wait for them to leave. Shame on Fed-ex for hiring these other companies to do thier deliveries. UPS guy is super nice and drives his BIG BROWN TRUCK.

personally, i think that FED EX is delivering a package then they should be the ones delivering it. Nowadays its too scary to open your front door with some guy in his car delivering an unmarked box. ya, you ordered something, fed-ex is supposed to be the deliverer, and the package should arrive any day. but, you really have no idea what is in the package or if the guy is legitimate or not.

FedEx Ground Home Delivery used to be RPS. FedEx Home Delivery is different than regular FedEx which typically ships overnight, 2 day express, etc. FedEx Ground Home Delivery drivers are independent contractors which means they essentially own their own business and partner with FedEx. All the benefits of the FedEx name however you have no idea who or what may show up at your door!

Fed Ex here in AL use contractors who can use their own vehicles and dress in plain clothes. The lady who delivers local has a sign on her dash that says Fed Ex Home Delivery. They should all have something identifying who they are. It just opens the door for scam artist and crooks......

Scam artists and crooks.....and terrorists. Personally, considering some areas I've lived in, if somebody in an unmarked car and jeans simply knocked on my door and then dropped a package and left....MY next action would be to call the BOMB SQUAD! LOL!

Fed Ex here in AL use contractors who can use their own vehicles and dress in plain clothes. The lady who delivers local has a sign on her dash that says Fed Ex Home Delivery. They should all have something identifying who they are. It just opens the door for scam artist and crooks......

Last night, heard my doorbell and wasn't expecting company. Looked out the peephole but didn't see anyone. Well, this morning at 9:15 a.m. there was a hard knock on my door. It was FedEx home delivery and the driver was in a UHaul van. :shock: Wouldn't have known who the person was at all if not for the package left at the door.

I received a package from fedex today also, guy was in street clothes in a budget rental moving van. I couldnt figure out who he was till he scanned my package and handed it to me! I would be mad if I were ou also!

Today my Fed ex package came in a rental truck and the guy was dressed in regular clothes and had is Ipod attached to his ear..

Very professional!!:mad: