*** Official I received my Thanksgiving newspaper thread ***

RossMAN

BB and WalMart are like a stones throw away from me. Seriously. I got papers that are from my county and San Diego county, so it isn't like I am picking from the same pool!

Sorry, don't have the time to read the paper so no way does home delivery make any sense for me!

Our walmart ad was mailed to our house earlier this week. The paper I bought had a Best buy ad, but it didn't have several other ads i was expecting (JC pennys, sears, home depot, etc). My dad gets home delivery and I got those ads from him. Apparently when you go out and buy a paper in the store it doesn't always have all the ads!

Wow, that is crazy!! I bought two newspapers. One had the walmart ad in it and the other didn't. The one ad that I was really wanting was Circuit City so that I could pm something from that ad at walmart and sure enough NO Circuit City ad. Boo:gdangry3: to the newspaper people. I am seriously bummed!

Hi Got mine this morning in Maryland. Its the Washington Post The ads are:

Sprint

Penn Camera

Game Stop

Ritz Camera

Sears

Michaels

Linines and Things

Staples

Payless Shoe Source

Dicks Sporting goods

JcPenny

Kmart

Lowes

CVS

Home Depot

Target

Toys r us

Best Buy

Big Lots

Circuit City

Ahhhh, BF the only time of the year that I enjoy having a newspaper route. The ads had been sitting in the warehouse for nearly a week, waiting to go into Thursday's paper.

The way it works here is, the Chronicle doesnt supply enough ads to go into all the papers. So home subscribers get the ads, the newspapers that I deliver to stores and put in the newspaper racks dont get any.

My newspaper,"Democract&Chronicle" from Rochester,NY which was purchased from the local "Federal Hollow" store in Rushville,NY-the following ads were missing from my copy ;Best Buy,Circuit City,WMart.Compusa,Staples and Office Max.Very dissapointing!

Thanks goodness for Gottadeal!

Ahhhh, BF the only time of the year that I enjoy having a newspaper route. The ads had been sitting in the warehouse for nearly a week, waiting to go into Thursday's paper.

The way it works here is, the Chronicle doesnt supply enough ads to go into all the papers. So home subscribers get the ads, the newspapers that I deliver to stores and put in the newspaper racks dont get any.

It't not the nesepaper supplying all of the ads, the ad agencies do not order or send enough to cover the entire circulation of the paper for some reason. Many papers also zone ads by zip codes, based on where the advertiser wants the ads to go. The paper I worked at had a circulation of 13,000, but very few advertisers ever sent 13,000 ads. Most sent between 4,000 and 10,000 and were sent out to home delivered customers closest to their stores.

Priority went to home delivery first, stores second, and vending boxes 3rd.

I get the Lexington, KY paper at home, did not recieve the Comp USA ad, but I live 20 miles from the store. Went to Lexington closer to the store and bought a paper with the ad inside, along with Big Lots and several others. If you are looking for a different ad, check the other side of town, they likely have it.

Guest erica27
I am so bummed! I don't get delivery so I went out this morning to buy a paper and everyone was sold out of the paper! So when I went to my mom's I looked through her ads and her paper didn't have the best buy ad or circuit city ad. So much for pricematching. I hope this isn't any reflection to what will happen on black friday. It's not starting out so well. :mad:

Okay, First.... THANK YOU GOTTADEAL!!! If it hadn't been for this site, to which I pledge my utmost devotion on all matters of saving money from this moment on.... I wouldn't have known about what was on sale at the following places because those ads were NOT in the paper that I or 6 other people bought on the newstand in Nashville:

WalMart

BestBuy

Circuit City

Target

Kohls

My mother, who has a subscription to the paper got those three. However, she did not get a Kohls either. So I didn't go to Kohls and I have sent an email to them. Last year, I spent $150 at Kohl's on BF. This year... nadda!

Anybody else have problems?

:confused: