*** Official I received my Thanksgiving newspaper thread ***

RossMAN

Ok, I got so early to pick up mine from the driveway and it is not here yet... :(

The paperboy might be still sleeping...

Me too. Called the newspaper and they said that we should have it by 8:30am and then when it wasn't here at that time we called again and they said it should be here by 9:30am. I am hoping that if it doesn't get here I can find one somewhere. (The paper I am waiting on is the Columbus Dispatch)

I gots mine!

Not too surprising though, considering that its Thanksgiving already. I don't have a subscription to any paper, so I took a walk down to a local convenience store and picked up a copy of the Boston Herald.

I ended up with 5 copies of the Radio Shack flyer, though. I guess some people out there aren't gonna get their Radio Shack flyer with their paper today.

Got 3 Houston Chronicles this morning. The usual suspects are there, except for:

No COMPUSA!

That seemed strange to me, because the scanned AD I saw said "OPEN TONIGHT 9-midnight, 11/23/06"

Anyone got an idea where the COMPUSA ad can be found in Houston?

Me too. Called the newspaper and they said that we should have it by 8:30am and then when it wasn't here at that time we called again and they said it should be here by 9:30am. I am hoping that if it doesn't get here I can find one somewhere. (The paper I am waiting on is the Columbus Dispatch)

I get the columbus dispatch delivered...it was at my doorstep before 5:30am...

I went to columbus to go to Meijer...(hoping to find the meijer after thanksgiving ads...nothing)...My paper was missing Best Buy, WalMart, Circuit City, Meijers, Value City, and some others...i think they forgot a section of it...lol...so i had to go on a search for another dispatch (luckily its only 50 cents)...I dont think anybody had a paer in Columbus at even 8 oclock...lol...not even Meijers. or the gas station...

Went back to Marysville, checked the walmart there..sure enough they had oodles of them...so i grab one and started searching through..ready to go to the register..then mom called saying she got one at the local gas station..which had the other ads in that i was missing except Meijer's...so as i was searching thru the paper i had...it didnt have those ads in it either...i was so mad..i just left the paper on top of a box back in toys...lol.

Thanks to whomever it was that gave me this idea this year. :)

I went out at 2:30am and picked up my paper. I went through the ads, punched holes and placed them in a binder.

I have them in several catagories.

Electronics - BB, Gamestop, Staples

Clothing - Belks, JcPenney, Goodys, Sears

Drug Store - Walgreens , CVS

Toys - Toys R Us, Walmart, Big Lots, I also printed out the "secrets" ad so I would have it

Hardware - Lowes, Home Depot

I still have to go out and buy the bigger paper. My little town doesn't carry all the ads.

I punched holes in 5 manilla folders and used my free samples of Post-it filing tabs for the tops of the folders. I can use the folders to put receipts in them if I want. I think that I may write whatever I want to PM on the front of each folder so I know what ad to get while I'm at Walmart.

I plan on adding my Gottadeal shopping list as the first page.

I showed my binder to my daughter, 16. She said, OMG, you need a life. :sidesplit:lmao:

I'm open to suggestions for improvements on my idea if anyone has any. LOL.

i jus t got the republican amerincan and :mad: i got every ad but no walmart or compusa or kbtoys mmmmmm :mad: someone must be stealing all the walmart ads:gdparanoid: maybe they that way line will be shorten LOL :smirk: but im going to walmart to see if the have the ad:mad: the're must be a explanation for this missing ad:eek: