siageah

Fruitcake, Love it or hate it?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Fruitcake, Love it or hate it?

• Love it!
    • Use it as a doorstop
    • No opinion, really.

And do you make it?

I used to, but it is awfully expensive to make. And I LOVE it! Especially the ones I would make, everything soaked in booze, then wrapped in booze and aged...what is not to like? Mine hardly had any batter, just enough to hold it all together.

I don't really like to eat it but I do make several each year. I don't use anything grose like fruit peels or yucky wierd fruit, just cherries and pineapples and lots of nuts. Oh and absolutely nothing green. If anyone wants a recipe just pm me, it's actually very easy to make, the hardest part is preparing the candied fruit since it is very sticky.

me and my sister made some one year. a friend of mine was moving and he wanted me to clean his apartment.he paid good money so i said sure.the refrigerator had a lot of dried fruit containers in it.i dont know if he ate the dried fruit or made something with it but he had a lot of it.so we decided to put it to good use and make fruitcakes.after making ,baking,and storing about a week later we had to unwrap them from the cheesecloth and outer wrap and pour more rum or whatever we were using on them.then wrap them up again.they sat like that for about 2 months.they were pretty good as i dont really care for fruitcake but knowing we made them i had to taste it.in my younger days i used to hate it but as i have gotten older i kind of like itt now.just a small slice to pick at.if youre craving sugar you need juast a small slice to pick at and it does give you a boost

I do not like traditional fruit cake. Yuckie I would use it as a doorstop....

I however like what is called Ice box fruit cake. Its nilla wafers, eagle brand milk , nuts and raisins. you just mix them together and you mold into a log and keep it in the fridge then cut it in slices.