Fruitcake, love it or hate it?

siageah

Fruitcake, Love it or hate it?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Fruitcake, Love it or hate it?

• Love it!
    • Use it as a doorstop
    • No opinion, really.

Never a store bought one, but my MIL makes some that are so yummy! It takes about a month for her to make one. She has one she makes with peaches diced and other fruits.It's so moist and melts in your mouth. The first time she asked me if I would like some I said No Way that's nasty! LOL She asked if I ever had fresh baked ones, I never had, only seen the ones in the drug stores. I tried a little tiny piece then couldn't stop eating it!

And do you make it?

I used to, but it is awfully expensive to make. And I LOVE it! Especially the ones I would make, everything soaked in booze, then wrapped in booze and aged...what is not to like? Mine hardly had any batter, just enough to hold it all together.

Thats a "door stop" right???? :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin :eyepoppin

;) ;) ;)

I don't like the ones I've tried but I've never had a truly homemade one. Perhaps they taste much better?

Oh there's a Huge difference, I think! My MIL uses what I consider good fruit not a bunch of "filler fruit" like the Green Cherries if that's what those are-gross. Seriously if you know someone that can bake well and they make them give it a try. You may be surprised!

Here in Brazil there's something called "Panetone", which is like cake, but the texture is like breasd, and there are those weird fruits inside, plus nuts and raisins. Everyone here loves it. But well, I don't like fruits or raisins. Some years ago they created a different version of it, with chocolate chips. I just love it!!!! Is it similar to fruitcake?

There's the link:

http://www.bauducco.com.br/ingles/bauducco.html

The chocolate chip one is called Chcottone.