Aldi's

immortaljackwest

Does anyone know if Aldi's Does anything for Black Friday...

I plan to be near one during my BF Shopping and was wonder how much they do and if it was going to be worth my stopping at?

In the past, I believe they offered computers, oddly enough.

they do have bf sales but they only carry a limited number of non food items and all of their electronics are an off brand, although i got a barbie b-book 'computer' for my daughter two years ago and it was $20 cheaper than walmart had it for:confused:

I have an Aldi's like 3 blocks from me. And for the past few years they have been having tons of "special purchase" items. There brands are not names most are familiar with, however most have components or are totally name brand merchandise without the name actually being on it. In the past I have purchased the traveler digi camera, and it's a good camera. I've also gotten an external hard drive from there that came out right around the time the first ones came out and I am much happier with their's then the one I have from western digital. My western digital external has went on the fritz and the medion (sp?) one from Aldi's is still kicking. I'm just upset that all my work on the western digital one has been either deleted or it won't let me open it.

They also sell lots of toys, sometimes clothing shoes, etc. there around this time of year. Granted there are times you can get stuff elsewhere for less, but they do have some sales there. I have never heard of anything being special for BF there though.

I used to manage an Aldi's store. At that time we didn't have BF type deal, just deals every week. Most of the items were of good quality with names not familiar in the US. Alot of it was German, where Aldi's is from. The only thing about Aldi's we didn't take checks or credit cards, just good old fashioned cash. I think this may have changed but its been quite a few years since I've been there.

I work at Aldi's and I have been watching the office for any kind of special ads. Nothing. I was there last year (not on the actual day though...its definantly a request off day for me!) and I don't recall any special sales at all.

I can tell you that our store has a very low amount of any type of electronic returns. People are happy with what they get.

Alot of the special purchases you see are major brands now. Also our DM confirmed the other day that alot of Aldi branded merch is made by well known companies...(I asked after unloading some of our "exclusive" chocolates and noticing they came in a box from the Palmer Candy Company.)

You can bet if an ad comes out and I see it I'll let you all know.

The best deals come the day after the holiday when the toys/etc. mark down to 75-90%. Most sell out by noon at our store that day. Last year I bought My Pretty Pony sets for like $4, Polly Pocket wardrobe set for like $3...great reason to work Christmas Eve (the markdown sheet is out at close that night.).

I used to manage an Aldi's store. At that time we didn't have BF type deal, just deals every week. Most of the items were of good quality with names not familiar in the US. Alot of it was German, where Aldi's is from. The only thing about Aldi's we didn't take checks or credit cards, just good old fashioned cash. I think this may have changed but its been quite a few years since I've been there.

Yeah it has changed just a wee bit. They now accept debit cards. I'm not sure but I think that they also accept food stamps too. But I definitely know they accept debit. I use mine there all the time. Still no checks or credit cards though.

Yes they do accept food stamps, sorry, I forgot about that. One one hand it was great to only have to handle cash and stamps, but then again, really hard to shop there when I only use checks and credit cards now. I have to admit I haven't been in an Aldi's in almost 13 years. Perhaps I should go back and check out the deals.

Yes they do accept food stamps, sorry, I forgot about that. One one hand it was great to only have to handle cash and stamps, but then again, really hard to shop there when I only use checks and credit cards now. I have to admit I haven't been in an Aldi's in almost 13 years. Perhaps I should go back and check out the deals.

They do have some good ones from time to time. I've bought quite a bit of stuff there. And now with them open on Sunday's, it makes it easier for me at times when I can't make it there different days of the week. Not sure if they are open on Sunday's elsewhere but they are at all of them around in northwest Indiana.