Does Your So Know What You Spend At Xmas??

digman6

My husband knows of every penny I spend b/c he's always with me when I shop. Sometimes, I wish he were the kind of husband who hated to shop. Especially when I'm buying things for the house. Our tastes are so different that I've actually said to him, "Why can't you be like the other husbands who don't care about drapes and stuff?" LOL I usually get my way though. ;)

well...he THINKS he knows what i spend....but take that amount and triple it and its closer to the actual figure...lol

the main factor in that is we have separate accounts. since hes the breadwinner, 98% of everythign comes from his account. so hell say, you have $300 ( or whatever figure he has in his head) . he knows perfectly well, I'll spend 50-100 MORE than what he said.

But I also have my own account, and LOVE the buy now pay later deals!

AND I tend to shop year round, at least for family members gifts.

So thats how I manage to spend so much more without him knowing about it. he just always figures my account is empty! lol

Mine never really cared or knew, untill about 4 years ago, whe i had to prove that I bought everything with in a amount of money, He could not believe that I spent what I did and they got what they did, and he asked how I did it, I showed him how and to this day it still amazes him, He never questions or say No I cant I just see if I can do it with in an amount of money that people would not believe

I don't know what it is about men, but they just dont' get it! No, my DH has NO idea what I have spent, most of my stuff is at my friends house and I will bring it home closer to the holiday. He thinks I go overboard and I probably do but hey, it's Christmas and its for my GD. My son is kind of the same way too and I certainly don't know where he gets that from. He always got the stuff he wanted.

My DH knows, only because the majority of gifts are bought for his family (he has 11 brothers/sisters, 10 aunts/uncles, don't get me started on cousins) and we buy for the closest extended members (most aunts/uncles, some cousisn), so I MAKE him go shopping for gifts with me. I pick up gifts here and there during the year. If I see something on sale/clearance that I know so-and-so will absolutely LOVE, I go ahead and pick it up. Otherwise, ALL Christmas shopping is done with DH present and pushing cart #2. Every once in a while, I make him go grocery shopping with me, just so he keeps a decent appreciation for the grocery shopping experience that I go through on a regular basis.:yup:

My DH knows, only because the majority of gifts are bought for his family (he has 11 brothers/sisters, 10 aunts/uncles, don't get me started on cousins) and we buy for the closest extended members (most aunts/uncles, some cousisn), so I MAKE him go shopping for gifts with me. I pick up gifts here and there during the year. If I see something on sale/clearance that I know so-and-so will absolutely LOVE, I go ahead and pick it up. Otherwise, ALL Christmas shopping is done with DH present and pushing cart #2. Every once in a while, I make him go grocery shopping with me, just so he keeps a decent appreciation for the grocery shopping experience that I go through on a regular basis.:yup:

lol:D

If he knew - he wouldn't be my SO any longer - of that I am SURE!!!! ;)

LOL, that is how it is in my house. My DH has no clue, I space everything out so he doesnt really know. But I get a x-mas bonus at work so I can pretty much spend what I want as long as the bonus covers it.

Nope, no idea. And he doesn't care as long as he doesn't have to do it. He hates shopping, just hates it. I usually make him go with me once during the holidays, but I don't know why I do that because it drives me nuts. He's one of those "shop as fast as you can and get out of here". I don't think I'm going to invite him to go with me this year.

DH has no clue. I think he likes to think he knows ... but he knows he doesn't if that makes sense. We bought DD a purse last year for Easter and he said awww that is so cute. He bought me one for my bday a month later and came home saying OMG do you know how much Shelby's purse was! :eyepoppin Course he is just as bad as I am ... I bought a PS 3 which I had no intentions of keeping. Now he is trying to talk me into keeping it for he and my DS to play. At least he did say that it would stay in the living room if we kept it because there is noway DS is going to have it in his room to get destroyed.

My dh hates to shop. If he asked, I'd tell him, but I think he prefers not to know. All he cares about is that the bills are paid and there is food in the house.

I actually told him just today for the first time that I spent $400 on DS#1 last year for Xmas. He just looked at me kind of funny and said he had no idea it was that much. I promised to keep it to around $300 this year. I didn't mention that the baby would be getting more this year since he is big enough now to play with toys! He was 4 months at Xmas last year.

Although, I always tell him when I get a really good deal on something. Where we used to live, I could do some awesome things with coupons and sales at one particular grocery store. He must have told people at his work because the next few times I stopped by his work, several of the employees asked me how I saved so much on food! lol