Do you think you go overboard?

amyers12345

Do you go overboard on BF/Christmas shopping?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you go overboard on BF/Christmas shopping?

• Yes
    • No

I wanna know if anyone else buys way too much stuff on bf, or for christmas in general. I am almost done w/ shopping already, because of the great online deals, but I will want to shop when it gets closer too. I know last year, I wrapped everything and stuck it in an empty 8x10 closet, and ran out of room.

Christmas shopping is my compulsion, I cannot stop. This year, I actually wish there were more people on the list because of all the great things I've gotten.

No. We tend to buy items that will be very useful for the person that is getting them, and avoid things that end up just being clutter or are just trinkety things. We've even asked our families to not buy us gifts, because we really don't need anything and we're planning on buying a house in the next year or two, so we don't want to hurt feelings if we get rid of things that were given to us as gifts.

This year is going to be tough. Usually my kids get so much for Christmas it takes hours for them to open all the stuff. Mostly this has been because I always bought throughout the year stuff I found on clearance and just hid it till Christmas. Well this year I have not bought anything because I knew we were being transfered and we moved last month. I'm a little worried that I wont be able to meet their expectations this year. My 8 year old actually questioned whether or not Santa was real the other day and I asked her if she felt there was no santa, how in the world did she think I was able to afford all those Christmas presents if I had to buy them? :LOL kind of wish now I would have come up with something different to say.

I said no. I usualy go with a list of people I need gifts for and then a list of items I want for the family and find whatever I can on sale.

This year is the first time I will have what I consider a nice chunk of change to spend, but I will still try and pinch every penny.

I think we definetly do. However, I buy things on sale throughout the year AND last year and this year, nothing is going a credit card. This is a great accomplishiment for us, and it is so much more enjoyable, knowing that a bill is not going to haunt me in a month!

No, I really don't think that I do. My kids usually get one big ticket item and the rest is stuff that they need or I get an awesome deal on. They usually get around 10 gifts each.

I know a someone who bought her kids so much for Christmas last year that they get bored opening gifts on Christmas and didn't even open them until later that night. :rolleyes:

Yes, definitely. I'll buy things just because it's a good deal, with no idea what I'll do with it later. I have yet to use our Roomba I bought last year, and have another still unopened. Gave my dad a laptop cause I didn't need another one. Luckily my Aunt needed a PC, else I don't know what I would have done with one of those $150 BB computers I bought.

We've hit the clearance section in Wal-Mart a lot lately, have bought a lot of kid toys for our son, and he's not even five months yet! He's set for the next few Christmases already. Had to put some of the stuff at my Mom's, it's that much.

I know a someone who bought her kids so much for Christmas last year that they get bored opening gifts on Christmas and didn't even open them until later that night. :rolleyes:

Our family was like that growing up. My parents bought me so many presents I couldn't even walk into the family room.

Of course, most were Dollar Store type items, we weren't rich... but it did get kind of ridiculous :)

But I had to open them all because usually there was one GOOD item... and it was always the last one they let me open (like the year they got me a Nintendo)

I usually stick to my budget, but I tend to go overboard with the number of gifts I give now because of the deals I find during the year.

Next year I am going to stick with a set number of gifts for each person on my list and see if I spend less than this year with any deals I find.