Disappointed in Sears for BF?

fsx100

Is it just me, or is anyone else a little disappointed at the prices at Sears for BF, based on the ad-scan that just came out? I think that the "doorbusters" are kinda lame, and the prices on the LCD TV's arent that great.... :yuck:

almost all of the craftsman tools are GREAT deals. Can't go wrong with 50% off hand tools that have a lifetime warranty :)

True.... HOWEVER, they are the EXACT SAME tools they've had for the last 3 years. I don't know 'bout u but I can only use so many of the same thing COME ON SEARS GIVE US SOMETHING NEW in the tool dept!:mad::yawn::tired:

I agree the tool prices are pretty good. The game tables look pretty good but overall I'm not too impressed with the Sears ad. I really didn't expect to be though, Sears just isn't typically big on my BF list. They just can't compete with BB CC and WM on kids stuff and electronics.

I'm not impressed, but I normally don't shop sears on BF unless it's later after all the other stores. The portable DVD player is the only thing I saw that peaked my interest and I'm interested to see if any other stores have good deals on them.

I need a good ad to come out, because right now I'm losing faith in BF this year. I need a walmart, target, TRU, BB, or CC ad...

True.... HOWEVER, they are the EXACT SAME tools they've had for the last 3 years. I don't know 'bout u but I can only use so many of the same thing COME ON SEARS GIVE US SOMETHING NEW in the tool dept!:mad::yawn::tired:

The tool chests and air compressors are excellently priced. I'm considering Sears as my first store, consider that I can use both of those items....I just hope we find the truck we're looking to buy first. :)

If you compare the prices on the TV's to the "after 11 am" prices, they are pretty good. :)

I think $69.99 for the Portable DVD Player is pretty good, I wouldn't say it's a complete disappointment .

True, not a bad price, but that's after rebate. You can get a similar portable DVD player right now at Best Buy for 79.99 with no rebate hassles. Plus you get a free travel kit. Brad posted that deal a couple of days ago.

I'm still just not feeling the Sears ad, but that's coming from a person who doesn't have a need for the tools that ad is really pushing.

No not disappointed at all. I have completed most of my shopping for the holidays, but still need a few clothing items for three tough little boys (My nephews) to play and sleep in.

And the DVD's look pretty interesting.

Sears is great for kids clothes. If they are kid-vantaged and they mess them up Sears will replace the same item same size free. I have used it many many times in years past.

Sears is great for kids clothes. If they are kid-vantaged and they mess them up Sears will replace the same item same size free. I have used it many many times in years past.

Nice! I didn't know that, but my sister and sister in law may have since they both told me Sears was the place they shopped for clothing for their boys.

I like the prices of the t.v.'s. It's just deciding which one is the problem.

Considering you can find these TVs at close to their Sears BF prices already (maybe a $100 difference)...I would say I'm not that impressed...

Also, I'd hold in deciding on TVs till BB, WM, and other giants release theirs. Sears could have the cheapest, but i'd be slightly surprised

This is my first BF ever, and I am really looking forward to getting myself a camcorder. There is one on sale at Sears, the Sony DCR-DVD105, for $399. However, I can get it NOW at J&R for $399! I was hoping there would be a lot better deals. Is this how it is on products like camcorders every year, or is it just Sears? Anyone has any idea if Best Buy or Circuit City would have better deals on camcorders?

This is my first BF ever, and I am really looking forward to getting myself a camcorder. There is one on sale at Sears, the Sony DCR-DVD105, for $399. However, I can get it NOW at J&R for $399! I was hoping there would be a lot better deals. Is this how it is on products like camcorders every year, or is it just Sears? Anyone has any idea if Best Buy or Circuit City would have better deals on camcorders?

Best Buy and Circuit city both usually have better deals than Sears. These stores will also usually give you a wider variety of blitz items.

I'm not impressed, but I normally don't shop sears on BF unless it's later after all the other stores. The portable DVD player is the only thing I saw that peaked my interest and I'm interested to see if any other stores have good deals on them.

I need a good ad to come out, because right now I'm losing faith in BF this year. I need a walmart, target, TRU, BB, or CC ad...

Agreed. I NEED a good ad too!

Looks like Sears will be handing out the $10 gift cards. I got 2 $10 cards last year (my wife was in line with me) and I plopped it down on some marked-down tools. Basically, everything I got was free!

This year I will do the same thing, get my $20 worth of free stuff then move on to the next store on my hitlist!

• 3 weeks later...
The Sears TV specials are unusually good. Mind you, the bottom price is not as good as Wallmart or BB, but if you look at the quality of the items at the price, its actually quite good. For $200, I wouldnt trade a Toshiba (panasonic manuf on the Plasmas) for an Ilo (Wallymart). Past a certain point, it doesnt pay to be cheap as you will be sorry 3yrs down the road.

I like the $10 gift card considering no1 else seems to be giving anything else out. I remember when that was a big part of BF. Wonder why so many stopped. I did see a couple things in here like the craftsman tools. I am looking to get my BRO a nice power drill and it seems they have a decent price on the 19.2v drill for $39.99. I'll get $10 off plus my friend will be with me so that's another $10 off. Wow a $79.99 drill for $19.99. Seems good to me!! :D Any1 have any imput as too which drill is the best in the sears ad?? :confused:

Looks like Sears will be handing out the $10 gift cards. I got 2 $10 cards last year (my wife was in line with me) and I plopped it down on some marked-down tools. Basically, everything I got was free!

This year I will do the same thing, get my $20 worth of free stuff then move on to the next store on my hitlist!

Were do you get these gift card from?