When will you go to CompUSA if they open at midnight again this year?

ajh2868

When will you go to CompUSA  

94 members have voted

1. 1. When will you go to CompUSA

• Before Midnight
    • Midnight - 1 AM
    • 1 AM - 5 AM
    • After the other stores open
    • I won't go to CompUSA

There is no way that I could go to CompUSA at midnight and get out of there in time to get in line at BB or CC for the doorbusters. So I'll make sure that I am in line elsewhere before midnight so I can be in front of all of the people that go to any store that opens at midnight. Of course if CompUSA has the best deal, I'll be there for the midnight sale.

Last year I went to CompUSA first (around 11:30 pm, Thanksgiving night) and they definately surprised me. I had never been and I loved it. I got everything I needed and the customer service was excellent (I even had a manager looking for a bluetooth headset, when he couldn't find one, he offered a rain check). I bought the laptop, Sony camera, and a few other things, but it was a really good experience (especially to kick of my BF).

I wanna say I went sometime around 11pm last year, although I don't remember for certain. The line was already significant by the time I got there. By the time the doors opened, it was ridiculously long. Assuming the deals are worth it, I will probably follow a similar plan this year.

I've done great at CUSA each of the past two years. It's definitely the ad I'm most looking forward to. Mine is usually pretty good about having a decent stock of the hot items too.

Last year, CC had poor customer service and was definitely not set up to handle the surge of people for a midnite BF sale. The lines were hideously slow and the salespeople were useless and resentful when you asked for assistance. However, I'll still be there long b4 midnite if they have something I really want - then I'll go to BB immediately after (since I assume they'll have something I want). Of course, everything depends on what's available at each store and whether I can get what I want from BB online.

I was at the CompUSA on Sawmill in Columbus, Ohio at around 10:30 PM, and was already about 100 people back. Then security was bad, with a large group swarming the door at midnight. I received numerous bruises on my arms and chest. Sale items were great, and I got most everything I wanted, but it was dangerous for a while. Hope for similar specials, and better security this year.:eyepoppin

Wont go to CrapUsa again. Last year, they did not have enough employees there at midnight. Lots of advertised merchandise was not out or never in stock (external HDs were handed out from stock area when they found them).

Nobody at the camera/memory desk. Only 2 checkout lines. I walked out since I was shutout on the external HD since it wasn't on the shelf (some people got 2 or 3 as they mobbed the stockroom). Total chaos and not enough staff for the rush. Never again. I did send an email about the problems the following week, and never even got a reply. If you can't have all staff on hand for at least the first 2 hours, don't open before everyone else. There were lots of unhappy campers leaving the store.

For anyone in Orlando, or anyone who thinks this might apply to their store, the first person in our line last year started at 4pm Turkey day. I got there at 6pm and was about 5th in line. I say about because there was some line shifting a few times (people coming/going).

Also, if you are in Orlando know that it was handled POORLY last year. No tickets, one employee at the door, a rush of people from the parking lot who were not even in line. The line went further than I could see and winded back behind the shopping center, about 2-3 normal blocks worth of length. News crews were there interviewing people and it was just madness. I think this year should be even worse from the Wii/PS3 and all the exposure BF has now.

I almost hate talking about it, feel like it encourages people to show up earlier. If anything I would appreciate starting later, but once the first person shows up it is just a domino effect from there so get your gear ready and check those doors.

Yeah. CompUSA was the definition of unorganized in terms of their BF sale last year. The one I went to wasn't a particularly large one, and it was shoulder-to-shoulder throughout the entire store. Absolute chaos. Nobody knew where the lines started, or to which register each line went. Since I plan on getting the big stuff at Best Buy or Circuit City this year, I will not have time to go to the CompUSA sale at midnight if they do it again, but I may go back later in the day to try to pick up anything that maybe wasn't super popular.