How many people do you buy for?

brynnfromtheblock

We buy for my MIL, FIL, BIL, 2 kids and my husband buys for his boss and his wife and we purchase a woman's gift and man's gift for our annual Christmas get together at church and our Pastor a gift.

So I guess 10 all together. Which a lot has already been purchased thru out the year.

one of my coworkers comes from a family of 12 kids. They now draw

names as buying for 11 sibs, their spouses, their kids and plus the

parents etc gets way out of hand. On Thanksgiving they pick names

out of a hat and that is the person they buy for. They all buy for their

parents or they chip in and buy them one big gift.

Is that something you can do, in order to cut back? I would be in the

poor house for sure. Good Luck

yikes i didnt add all the "small gifts" 9 large (combines of 2 +people or someone i will spend a LOT on)... 32 regular size and 26 small ones so 67 gifts.. ohh plus a gift card for a game we play between adults because we decided a few years back to cut back on gifts and not do brothers and sisters.. (you see the need for the cut back?)

Can't you bake some cookies or something for some of the people? 58 is sure a lot. I would say I have 20 something and that is more than enough for me.

My family has always been big on gifts and the major ones are my mom, 3 kids, dh, grandma, brothers and their kids.... then you add on good friends, their kids, teachers and it gets up there...the other problem is on Christmas Eve we have a huge party which is where we exchange gifts with everyone but my mom and brothers families ('cause we see each other the next day)... so I give my best friends kids and cousins kids stuff at the same time.. but then you have all these other kids who see this and they're not getting anything so you feel bad and get something for them too.... then it works out the same with adults.. you keep thinking "it's just a few people that didn't get anything, let me get something small" and it's like a chain reaction (actually with some of these people it's more than 58 'cause I really didn't even count them on the list!!~

Well, we buy for 16 family members and then kids' friends, teachers, coworkers, and neighbors. Some of those are people that I will probably just make goodie baskets for. Others are ones who will get baskets made from the great deals at Bath & Body Works that I have gotten through out the year.

In the past over 70 people. I come from a very large family! DH not so large. We are cutting back starting this year.

This year are sticking with close family, friends, and a Secret Santa from DH's work.

The number this year is closer to 20, and we are making a donation in the name of our family to a local charity.

Wow over 70 people... I would be broke!

I just made a list and I have 15. Seems manageable compared to some of these lists!

how much to you all spend on the 56 and 70 gift list... you guys must be broke after that

Last year, including gifts DH and I got for each other, we spent a little under $800.00. (Gotta love finding deals!) I would say without the deals we were able to find, the amount would have been over $1000.00.