Horrible Service

tyler99199

May I just add also that this clerk knows nothing about your wife or yourself. Some random person commenting on my parenting skills would have made me disgusted and I would not have bought anything at the store and I would have continued to share my disgust with others. As they say, an unhappy customer tells someone who tells someone who tells someone...

I do have to agree that I personally would not react as your wife did. Again, this is someone that does not know me. Tick me off, probably, but the truth is they do not know the truth and any comments they make should be shrugged off.

I personally prefer CC over BB. A few years back we bought a tv there. Brought it home and threw out the box since we had a small place at the time. A few weeks later the tv went bad. Return it to BB where they charged me 18.00 because it didn't have a box. How long do other people usually keep a box for? I bought a laptop cooler at CC that died after a few weeks. Brought it back without a box and got it exchanged with no problems. Another time I went to BB to get some laptop memory on sale. Only problem was, they didn't bother marking it down in the store. So unless you asked you wouldn't know it was there.

if the employee felt so inclined to make a comment because of the languaged used, he should have asked POLITELY for her to refrain from that word-fricken or ...- i worked collections and each day people would use every word in the book all day long. but i would never dream of insulting or criticizing someone's parenting skills. when i was being swore at i only would ask them to stop. if they didn't i would tell them that if they still refused then i was going to hang up. and then I did.

Just because one close-to F-word was used it does not give that employee the right or responsibility to say what he did.

If that was me I would right there asked for a manager and also called corp. on my cell. I have done that before at Target

You know, over the years I've managed to get lousy customer service in most every store, big and small. Most often it's not the store but a specific person. Having worked for both BB and CC, many of the comments I see above are directed at the BB and CC "messengers" of the facts. "Yes, the item in question went on sale 3 days ago in limited quantity and yes, we are currently out of stock. No, we do not do rainchecks but we do special orders and ship directs. No, we do not know what is on the truck except for larger items and those only the day before the truck arrives."

What many people do not realize is that the overworked, underpaid folks at the larger stores tend to be attitude mirrors, they reflect back what they get. If you walk in with a chip on your shoulder expecting bad service and act like a total jerk then regardless of the associate's training and diplomacy you may get treated like one.

CC customer service has always sucked. If it weren't for the dumb cashier lines at BB doubt I'd ever step in CC. I toggle between the 2 depnding on who has anoyed me less lately.

I thought I was the only one that consciously did that! I'll sometimes see a deal on Gottadeal and have to turn it down ("nope, its CC, and that tool in their TV department wouldn't leave me alone last week.").

Gawd I wish there was a half-way decent alternative in my area...

To the person said the clerk didn't start it.

Yes they did with the attitude problem. And as the parent of a now 4 year old...THE THREE YEAR OLD DOES NOT KNOW WHAT FRICKIN' MEANS!!!! They have NO clue. However, the child WILL understand "you're a bad mother", and that will upset the child more than a word they don't understand. So she had EVERY RIGHT to be upset. Ex: someone cursed near my daughter in a restaurant. Didn't call attention to it no big deal. We've told her "stupid" is wrong, because she shouldn't call others "stupid", and she hears ANYONE use the word and she's all over it -- "Mama! She said Stupid! That's bad...not supposed to say it!!" :D

And for the record, does that mean that folks that use the word "firetruck" in place of you know what are also cursing? Give me a break!

Back on subject, our CC is like a ghost town, and their prices haven't been that great. No customer service people around to ask any questions. So I go to BB or Walmart.

Obviously the clerk screwed up his side by not helping you further by calling another store.

Having worked two Black Friday's in two years I know how people can be before, during, and after this season.

You also don't know what state the employee was in as well, personally.

Before I had to quit my last job I didn't care about helping people who gave me one bit of attitude somehow. I was still polite but if you gave me a bad look or even subtly made a remark about my service I would have no problem lashing back. Of course, not viciously but just as subtly.

And understand that at around this time retail folk deal with LOTS of b!#cy mothers and customers. Theres nothing we hate more than those mothers who feel they have to OWN customer service while they're in the store. The kind that sigh and make YOU feel like it's your fault that we don't have an item.

This isn't directed at anyone but understand that when you're in a store the employees will deal with the customers they find more likeable first. And we'll go out of our way to help them if courtesy is returned.

And yeah, if something goes wrong you'll get an apology and a gift card or something but realize sometimes management does that out of courtesy. Just because you got it doesnt validate ANY of your actions in the store. It's a bribe.

In the end, if you were a jerk in the first place, management and employees go in the backroom and laugh at you.

Sorry, had to vent. I still get angry when I see idiot customers in stores who MUST have something and if it's not available it's the worker's fault. Again, not directed at anyone. I just needed a catalyst for this.

So yes. Bottom line: If you have to physically show your anger then you're not witty. Wit is ten times more scathing than any physical outburst.

Obviously the clerk screwed up his side by not helping you further by calling another store.

Having worked two Black Friday's in two years I know how people can be before, during, and after this season.

You also don't know what state the employee was in as well, personally.

Before I had to quit my last job I didn't care about helping people who gave me one bit of attitude somehow. I was still polite but if you gave me a bad look or even subtly made a remark about my service I would have no problem lashing back. Of course, not viciously but just as subtly.

And understand that at around this time retail folk deal with LOTS of b!#cy mothers and customers. Theres nothing we hate more than those mothers who feel they have to OWN customer service while they're in the store. The kind that sigh and make YOU feel like it's your fault that we don't have an item.

This isn't directed at anyone but understand that when you're in a store the employees will deal with the customers they find more likeable first. And we'll go out of our way to help them if courtesy is returned.

And yeah, if something goes wrong you'll get an apology and a gift card or something but realize sometimes management does that out of courtesy. Just because you got it doesnt validate ANY of your actions in the store. It's a bribe.

In the end, if you were a jerk in the first place, management and employees go in the backroom and laugh at you.

Sorry, had to vent. I still get angry when I see idiot customers in stores who MUST have something and if it's not available it's the worker's fault. Again, not directed at anyone. I just needed a catalyst for this.

So yes. Bottom line: If you have to physically show your anger then you're not witty. Wit is ten times more scathing than any physical outburst.

You want the epitome of abuse? Two words: Bridal shop! :D Used to work for a large-chain bridal shop, and we got some major abuse (someone drove their car through the front window...'nuf said), and I had lousy days, and NEVER would have thought to insult someone's parenting or other aspects (even the brides that came in with moms insisting that their size 20 bride could fit into an 8 and it was our fault that she couldn't) of their person.

customers can be lousy, obnoxious, rude, etc. It's Customer Service's job to provide service, and if they can't, call a manager and let THEM take the abuse -- they get paid more.

Yeah, your managers would tell us to call them. Insulting someone's parenting is pretty uncalled for unless theres something horrible visibly going on.

I did tell someone to stop acting like a child once. It was some 30 something year old lady. She left the store. Thank God, I wouldnt want her wearing the stuff we sold anyway.

yeah there seems to be something about CC that i don't like. Best buy for me, i don't walk into CC unless it's very specific, and i just get in and get out....the only thing that's nice about them is the shop at home and pickup there within 29 min.....very hassle free.

I work at the movie theatre and we get stupid customers all the time that I have to fully explain to them that they are being stupid.

We have a small satellite concession stand that when we close, we put ropes going all across it so no one can come in. People STILL ask "are you open?" when it is almost perfectly clean and the lights are off. And some people try to get THROUGH the ropes and come up to us asking for popcorn! I have to say "No, we are not open and that is why the ropes are there, so people do not come in asking for things. If we were open, you would be able to walk in without taking off or going under the ropes" I don't really care if it sounds mean or anything, the customers are stupid and they deserve to look stupid when I explain it to them. And I am a senior supervisor there and they can take my comment however they want, I don't care.

To the person said the clerk didn't start it.

Yes they did with the attitude problem. And as the parent of a now 4 year old...THE THREE YEAR OLD DOES NOT KNOW WHAT FRICKIN' MEANS!!!! They have NO clue. However, the child WILL understand "you're a bad mother", and that will upset the child more than a word they don't understand. So she had EVERY RIGHT to be upset. Ex: someone cursed near my daughter in a restaurant. Didn't call attention to it no big deal. We've told her "stupid" is wrong, because she shouldn't call others "stupid", and she hears ANYONE use the word and she's all over it -- "Mama! She said Stupid! That's bad...not supposed to say it!!" :D

And for the record, does that mean that folks that use the word "firetruck" in place of you know what are also cursing? Give me a break!

Back on subject, our CC is like a ghost town, and their prices haven't been that great. No customer service people around to ask any questions. So I go to BB or Walmart.

As I said before, if your in doubt ask your clergy if Frickin or Firetruck said as a replacement is wrong or not. The mean and hateful feeling you are trying to relay are still there.

I don't like Circuit City. I go in and no employee knows where anything is. If it's a new item you have to know how to ask if it's come in and if maybe it's in the back and hasn't been put out yet. There's too many hoops to jump through just to do business with the store. Then when you are ready to check out, of the 10 registers sitting there, nobody is at any of them. You have to track someone down and ask how you check out. You are told "Oh you have to check out at customer service" Ok, that's not what the customer service desk is suppose to be for that I know of.

Last year for Black Friday, almost as soon as they opened the door, the unorganized crowd rushed in. fights started and the general manager ended up getting punched. The police had to go and everyone was ordered out of the store. They're just not a store I want to bother with. Every so often they have an item low enough on sale that I go ahead and go, but that's rare.

Just my opinion here......but on Black Friday especially, anyone who thinks that they're going to get any service at any store is dreaming. Between crowd control and restocking and getting yelled at by customers in a panic for something they should have been there hours before hand for, it's a wonder the clerks don't pull their hair out. The crowds truly overwhelm them. I've made it a point to check out the store I"m going to be at for BF AM the day before Thanksgiving to get a general idea where the things I really want are going to be. If anyone's to blame, it's the corporate people for these chains that create the nightmares for the clerks AND customers by not having better crowd control and never having enough quantities on the doorbusters.

Guest Pauline777

If I was the employee, once I had someone say that to me, I'm done with you. I'm sure she wasn't happy about how things were being handled, but that's over the line.

I'm not going to tolerate F-bombs being dropped on me, euphemism or not.

True--if it's that bad, I'd take the proactive approach of getting the employee's name (as someone stated earlier) & write a letter to the management, or just leave without giving them the satisfaction of having something to yak about for the next week. Why stoop to their level?

I would call corporate......That was unacceptable behavior for the employee. They were rude and not very helpful, and I was under the impression that being helpful was a part of their job. I am referring to the attitude given to the customer BEFORE the word fricken was used.. i would have also been pissed off.

If I were you or your wife I would contact someone at a corporate level too via phone or internet and explain the situation. Even if you could consider throwing an ad at someone assault, the employee insulted her first. Not that it should dismiss her actions but it was immorally/unethically wrong. She mentioned their obvious bad customer service in no way does that warrant an insult to her parenting. The employee was just lazy and probably has no manners. I would make sure that he/she apologized in front of my family or was fired. There is not compensation for your wife's feelings or your child witnessing that type of display.

I used to work at Target and I know they can look up a lot of things, but most of them choose not to. When you mail expensive/important packages don't you get a tracking number for them? Do you think that they would put millions of dollars of merchandise on a truck and send it across the country without tracking the items on it? They have to receive the merchandise in and account for it. They know what they're getting, they may not know the details of the shipping manifest but they can find out when they really want to. Trust me I've seen it done.

Rude behavior is common now. Just the other day I was grocery shopping and overheard a

male employee commenting about the female customers. He said, "Yesterday they where all

cows and today they're all horses!" He then, to the amusement of his companion, proceeded

to make loud neighing noises. How grotesque is that? :(

I had horrible service today also when I went there. I had bought a tv online and it said it was in stock well I got there and gave my info and they said alright we have it.So I talked to the guy who was suppossed to bring it to my car and he said he will bring it right out. So I take my daughter and get the car and so we wait, whille we wait the person in front of us ends up getting two of the tvs that I had ordered, I see what looks like a credit card pass between the two people,the person who works there and the customer. I show the guy my ticket after he's done chatting with his friends(the ones who had the two tvs) and he says pull over to the side and someone will be right out with your tv. So I pull over and get the car ready and I wait and wait and wait after 15 mintues I park the car and go inside with my daughter. The person who checked me out before says the tv is no longer in stock. Yeah right it was just there they said but I bet the person gave their friend an extra one, So my tv got sold to someone else. Needless to say I was pretty bad at that point, went out to the car and returned the camera I had just bought there plus had the girl take the tv off my credit card.I bet anything the person in front of me decided she wanted another one and they sold her my tv because they were friends with the employees. Sorry just had to vent. I ended up with a better tv and a better camera at another store anyway.