Do you think Toys R Us will stay around??

leasey

I called them and all they said was that it is a coupon and it says 3.00 off a purchase of 3.00 or more. I said it should say something about before taxes. And in reality they would have been making 1 cent since I was only spending 2.99. And they gave me a BS line about the manager couldnt have done anything about it. I shop ALOT and managers can override pretty much anything. So screw you TRU!

I was a manager for 10 years for TRU and that is not how I operated my store. A simple turn of a key would have put a smile on you little ones face. One penny isn't going to make or break TRU. I did this many of times to make sure all of my little ones got what they picked out. Shame on the store you shopped at. If I were you I would take it one step further and call the Director of the store and ask for the District Manager to call you. That will light a fire under them. I am really sorry they treated your little one like that.:(

Kids r us closed, and I have heard rumors that babies r us is closing, so could TRU be next?

Here is the scoop. TRU was bought out in July of 2005 by three individuals. The game plan is to cut out all free standing Kids R Us stores most had already been implemented into the TRU stores. The TRU stores that were closed is some cases were to be turned into Babies R Us stores. They are also looking at making new combo stores where TRU and BRU are connected. Babies R Us is the driving force behind the business right now. They are going to cut down the number of old toys that were still be carried to free up money and space to carry the in demand items. It will be interesting to see if this happens.

I called them and all they said was that it is a coupon and it says 3.00 off a purchase of 3.00 or more. I said it should say something about before taxes. And in reality they would have been making 1 cent since I was only spending 2.99. And they gave me a BS line about the manager couldnt have done anything about it. I shop ALOT and managers can override pretty much anything. So screw you TRU!

That is very much BS because I work at a ToysRus and we can turn the key and override those coupons for the kids when they buy something like that. I don't know where you live and all store management is diffrent but ours lets us do it no problem. I am sorry this happened to you.:(

I bought a DS from them and bought into their extended warranty. I wont do it again. Getting them to honor that warranty was a HUGE pain! My son was without a DS for 6 weeks while I waited on them to play around with me. Probably hoping I would give up. He did eventually getting a check for the purchase price of his DS. HE bought a new one elsewhere!

I was in a store not too long ago just browsing. I heard them trying to sell someone the warranty. I wish I had been brave enough to tell them to skip it!

This hurt their customer service in my eyes just as if it had happened inside the store. The warranty was still offered by them as part of a service. I wont buy any electronic item from them again.

If I just need to browse for a toy, I automatically head to TRU. It's just a habit I guess. Of course when I know what I want, I make sure to check Walmart and Target since they usually have it cheaper.

Every year my MIL gives my kids toys from TRU that they don't really like and up until now, I've always been able to return or exchange them without the receipt. Now I'll be stuck with those things. Oh Joy.

The Kids R us closed down....but the Toys r us is alive and kicking here.... they just got re-modeled.

I did notice the changed their return policy. It says no returns without a reciept...they used to give you a giftcard if you didn't have a receipt ...now nothing....no store credit...sounds like Best Buy now!;)

However the Toys R us in Arlington Heights by my parent's where we do our BF shopping at closed this year:eek: ..now we have to find a new one!!!

Kids r us closed, and I have heard rumors that babies r us is closing, so could TRU be next?

Here, we have the only TRU, Kids R Us, and Babies R Us that are in all seperate buildings.. All of which were recently renovated, but the TRU has gone WAY down hill... Extremely hard to find things in, not as much selection as they used to have back in the good ole days... Rude associates... It's kind of sad, considering I used to love going in there when I was little..

I used to work at Toys R Us. This new return policy must have been put into effect after I left. I also used to ask that the service desk people would turn the key to override the coupons if it was just a penny. I'm sure there were times when my drawer was over a penny so something as minimal as that should even itself out.

I work at Babies R Us. I can tell you myself that all stores are being or have been remodeled, so I don't think we are going anywhere. Our TRU moved to a different location, and the KRU is now located within the store. Since I was employed there, I got word of the new return policy. However, since Target and Walmart have been opened in this area, the return policy was the same way. Don't get me wrong, it sucks, but I stay away from Walmart because of the condition of the store and Target because of the horror stories of my wedding registry there (DO NOT OPEN ONE- EVERYTHING I REGISTERED FOR WAS DISCONTINUED AND I DIDN'T GET NOTIFICATION UNTIL AFTER MY SHOWER).

BRU's return policy has changed as well. At least with formula. Which is understandable. My problem is that our store is a "resort store" in the summer, and people will buy stuff and bring it to the beach and then say "it got sand in it, and it doesn't work". Or they will buy it and return it the next year. Some stores are to the point where they are charging a restocking fee.

Yes, TRU and BRU have severed ties with Amazon.com. There is a lawsuit pending regarding shipment of toys last year. Customers did not recieve their toys until after Christmas, which was due to Amazon's shipping company. My biggest problem is that most of the stock we have in store is not shown online.

You know, I think it depends on the store and managers (to over-ride the system). I am sorry you got such a sh1tty response from Corporate.

My dd got the same $3 g/c "coupon" for her birthday - and we also got a party planning guide before then as well ($5off/25) - so I used them together, even though it says on the back of each that they can't be combined. I got a bunch of stuff and when I checked out, I asked the cashier if we could use the coupons together. I told her that if not, we could break up the merchandise - so she called her manager over, and ended up taking both coupons on one ticket. He had to override the system - but they did it.

I know you situation was different, but for the mgr and corporate to say that they can't over ride the system is BS!

It's things like that, that will keep me coming back to TRU.

I used to love their previous return policy. When my kids were small, I used to stock up diapers when they have a coupon deal. Then when the kid grew beyond that size of diaper, I could bring all the unopen package back and got credit at full price (when there was no sale in 90 days) for something else. That's like 20% off on everything. In addition, I had returned a toy that I got from another store at clearance and get credit for full price at TRUS. I guess those good old days are gone forever. :(

[/b][/b]

In addition, I had returned a toy that I got from another store at clearance and get credit for full price at TRUS. I guess those good old days are gone forever. :(

Hmmmm. I really have to play devil's advocate here. Ever thought that just maybe that's why the policy has changed? Stores have to draw the line somewhere, I suppose.

I live in the middle of nowhere so the closest one to me WAS 50 miles the town is growing constantly businesses have at least doubled in the past 6 yrs and tru closed its doors :( The closest one to me now is over 100 miles away. I never did much shopping with them only when I was looking for one of those hard to find at walmart sort of gifts

I used to love their previous return policy. When my kids were small, I used to stock up diapers when they have a coupon deal. Then when the kid grew beyond that size of diaper, I could bring all the unopen package back and got credit at full price (when there was no sale in 90 days) for something else. That's like 20% off on everything. In addition, I had returned a toy that I got from another store at clearance and get credit for full price at TRUS. I guess those good old days are gone forever. :(

I am not trying to be mean but you are exactly the reason they changed their refund policy because of refund fraud

Here are some thoughts i have, maybe they arent true, but it is atleast something.

1. Price matching - From a business point of view seems like a stupid idea. The company pays for products, and has to pay back the venders I assume. So if you are price matching, you lose the money that you are supposed to paying off the venders with. So I would think the company would have to go into a seperate area to get the money from all of these price matches. I do think it is good for customers, but at the same time I dont think it is totally needed.

2. Over pricing - Which it really isnt. Companies like Toys R' Us, Kb Toys, etc. buy product for a price. They have to mark it up to the point of profit. Of course they arent going to have the same prices as Walmart or Target. Walmart is a multi-billion dollar company, they buy far more product. So in turn Walmart gets way better prices which makes sense. So they can turn around and sell for less of a price obviously.

3. The Return Policy - Now that is going to hurt Toys R Us because honestly I would think they would want to be considered more of a friendly store. Now they are making this return policy that seems like a a huge chain walmart type deal. Now they are going to turn off frequent customers, and totally make them not want to shop in their stores. Returns hurt businesses too, but that is something I think is needed in order to compete. I've worked several retail jobs, and it is a low move when someone brings back a product, and basically tells you that they arent sure its from your store, or where they got it. To me thats a low move to make, but you have to deal with it, and realize most people arent like that.

Now with that said I was in a Toys R Us a year ago, that pretty much made me not want to ever go in that store again. I went in there looking for a Tom Brady figure, and had all their boxes out (Toys R Us does a night crew during Christmas which they have all their boxes on the sales floor, until their shift starts usually around 10pm at night) So I see over 3 boxes of solid Tom Brady figures. I ask one of the people working there who of course has been following me all around the store looking if I was going to steal product. That had me annoyed a bit, but I ask the person hey can I grab one of those Tom Brady figures. The guys no you cant, I dont have authority to open boxes. So I go okay well there are about 36 Tom Brady figures there, so honestly I would like one. I understand if its against your policy, but I live far away and wouldnt want to drive all the way back up here tomorrow morning. So I go can I speak to a manager maybe I can work it out with them. At this point I was totally fine if their policy was against putting out product before the time. So I speak to the manager, and she says no I cant give you the figure, night crew opens boxes. So I'm like okay maybe they have to enter their stuff into the computer or something. So I ask that,and she goes no, I just cant give them to you. At this point I'm in shock about how insane this girl was being to me.

First off I was a frequent customer, and wasnt asking for something extreme. I was polite, honest, and didnt even raise my voice. What she fails to understand is sometimes you have to bend the rules for a customer. I'm not talking about breaking the rules, but you have to be able to go with the flow, and realize not everything is so black, and white. So anyway, at that point explained to her that I was a frequent shopper there, and after this visit honestly wouldnt be coming back. She replied with well I dont want to be threatened, I'm sorry you cant come back in the morning. So I walked out, and that was that. I didnt call her District manager, didn't scream, or make a scene. I was just shocked by that.

My point with that story is Toys R Us should be focusing on helping the customer. Walmart, and Target have something to fall back on. They have the cheap prices, and pretty much dont need customer service. People will shop their regardless. Now I dont know if this is how all Toys R Us stores are, but it's not going to win them a lot of customers.

I Have To Agree That TRU Is Going Down Hill. The New Return Policy SUCKS And At My TRU The Selection Is Getting Bad Too. I Went With A Friend To Do Her Baby Registry And They Only Had 5 Strollers To Chose From. I Asked One Of The Employees Why They Had So Few And She Claims That She Never Remembers Them Having Any More Than That. I Laughed And Said "Are You Serious?" And She Said "Yes" And I Just Walked Away. You Could Clearly See On The Shelf That They Were Missing Something. It Was One Of The Full Aisle Length Shelf's And There Were The 5 Travel Systems And A Couple Umbrella Strollers And Then A BIG Empty Space.

And Where I Live Walmart And TRU Are Right Next To Each Other They Could Almost Share A Parking Lot. LOL

All TRU's have a limited selection of baby merchandise. That is because of Babies R Us being the sister store. They do offer the registry, and some items are different, especially the bedding selection. The BRU I work at is huge. There are about 30 car seats, 20 travel systems, 45 strollers, and so on. A main reason for an empty space is usually a discontinued item. We have that at our store as well. I would do a registry at BRU, not TRU. People at TRU are not as knowledgable in the type of stuff you were looking at. I am sure you noticed the fact that there was maybe 3 different cribs? We have about 50 on the floor, and that doesn't include those online.

I also asked my manager about the rumors of the chain closing. He old me that BRU is not in danger of going anywhere, considering out of all the R US chains, we are the biggest money maker. TRU is in the middle of the road. It depends on the store. Of course almost all KRU's are gone by now, and have been moved into TRU.