Do you buy BF deals before you know who you are going to give them to?

rogue1230

I do this every year if the deal is good enough. I also do it throughout the year, not only at clearance sales, but at garage sales and thrift shops. My designated "gift box" is the bottom of the wardrobe, no one has quite managed to figure out where I stash the stuff!!:smirk:

On BF I usually stick to what I know what I need, if I'm lucky I have enough money to cover everything for that day, lol. I shop year round though and store stuff up for last minute occaisions. Love having the generic bath sets and preteen makeup kits around, big hits with my daughters friends.

We buy all year long. On BF we pick up extras of the items that we can donate to the battered womens shelter. I have a spare bedroom that looks like a mini toy store. The neighbor kids sometimes ask if they can go shopping in the room with their allowance money. I laugh and let them pick something out and tell them to keep their money.

Not only on BF, but year-round. We have well over 100 people on our Christmas list, and most of these we buy small gifts for their birthdays as well (DH is one of 12 kids, and has around 12 nieces/nephews currently).

A lot of those people get a cheap present, just to let them know they're thought about and loved (a candle in a jar, a hot wheels BF DB track set from WM, etc.). I buy a lot of clearance items, as long as I KNOW I will give it to someone during the next year.

We have a LOT of kids, so any BF deal on toys will be given to someone.

I'm guilty of that at least a couple items per year. If I see something really good in the ad that isn't that expensive, like 5 dollar toys etc. I pick a few up if I can get them. I always have extra kids, nieces, nephews etc coming over unexpectedly and I don't want them to feel left out.