Do you buy BF deals before you know who you are going to give them to?

rogue1230

Does anyone buy DB's, or sale items on BF and figure out later who to give the items to? Like last year I bought the Walmart CB's and wasn't till like april I used them. ( Gave them to a mom2b for her baby shower) DVDS? pretty much the same? Am I sick- just buyin becuz it is on sale? rather than know what I have to buy for who?:gdblush:

yup. Generic gifts - blankets, decorations, etc are great for neighbors, coworkers, etc. We pick up a lot of FAR from staples throughout the year and give cordless phones, remote controls (great stocking stuffers!), and even paper shredders to those who are setting up homes, or would have a need.

I buy like that all the time and save it to give thru out the year. Right now I have a whole corner full of boxes with things I've picked up all year long for things that come up during the year. I've used a lot of them for birthday gifts, wedding presents or just to give out to people who might need a lift me up.:D

I don't do it on BF but I do that through the year when I run across a really good clearance. I will pick up stuff and then my son will have a B-day party to go to and I haul out something I picked up cheap.

Ditto. That's what I do throughout the year with Target 75% and 90% off clearance. One of the reasons I started the Target thread in the Offline Deals area of the forum.

I ususally watch the clearance section after christmas and stock a closet full for when my boys go to bday parties I can pull out cheap presents and not feel like I spent a ton of money on 20 some gifts since almost every child in the class ask the boys to a bday party all year long.

But on BF its usually just the items I want to get but if I see something at a really good price and I know who I want to give it to then I buy it.

Yeah, I mean who can pass up a $150 computer with monitor, right? I'm sure I'll find a use for it, either for myself or for someone else. Same with Roomba, kept one and gave another to my mom, just couldn't pass up the deal.

I too will browse the clearance sections and pick out generic gifts. Bought a bunch of picture frames, now that we have a baby everyone would love to have a nice picture in a frame. Lots of kids' stuff, other than future gifts for our baby I have a (much) younger sister and two brothers (plus a third younger brother, but there's just eight years difference so he's into stuff I like). I have a pile of digital photo frames I got probably two years ago, they'll come in useful this year. Plus we have about a whole house full of stuff (though I'm working on clearing it out). What we don't use ourselves we can always give to charity, especially kids' stuff.

At the Walmart after christmas clearances, I buy tons of the little girl bath sets and makeup/perfume sets. Anything that doesn't have christmas oriented items on it. My daughter is always invited to at least 4-5 birthday parties a year so I buy enough for gifts. So really I never know who they are for, but I know I will use them

At the Walmart after christmas clearances, I buy tons of the little girl bath sets and makeup/perfume sets. Anything that doesn't have christmas oriented items on it. My daughter is always invited to at least 4-5 birthday parties a year so I buy enough for gifts. So really I never know who they are for, but I know I will use them

these are great and always super cheap after the holiday!! i buy tons of these too!!