>>> Official NINTENDO Wii Discussion Thread <<<

Brad

My DH just called me from Wal-Mart. He overheard an employee say that they got 30 to 35 in. They might get another shipment tonight before release. My DH is #66 (they actually handed out #s). Why would they give him a # if they don't have that many???

Before release? What did you mean?

I was at my WalMart today and saw the line of people waiting. I asked how many units they were getting and was told "Well, 20, but that isn't the number that will go on to the floor." I asked "Why that was" and was told "because of the employees". I then asked why someone wasn't going out to tell the crowd how many units were available, because there were well over 45 people there. "Because we think it is going to be funny. "

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

I wonder if they just won't be giving out rain checks for the numbers of 30 to 35. You have to figure at least somewhere the credit card might be rejected or someone could get sick and leave. So a few over would make sense. But to leave them sit empty handed should cause a riot.

I was at my WalMart today and saw the line of people waiting. I asked how many units they were getting and was told "Well, 20, but that isn't the number that will go on to the floor." I asked "Why that was" and was told "because of the employees". I then asked why someone wasn't going out to tell the crowd how many units were available, because there were well over 45 people there. "Because we think it is going to be funny. "

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

:eyepoppin :eyepoppin :no: :no: that is just plain ignorance on their part...I heard Wally World did a raffle type thing for the ps3, so maybe that is what they are going to do with the Wii.:g_shrug:

I had called this afternoon and was told there was a line and getting 20 units (we have a new Super Walmart) But my daughter stopped by there abt 7 and said she didn't see a line. I ordered the Amazon - Target Bundle so if she can make a trip there and snag one I'll cancel that. I really don't want the football and poker games anyway.

Hmmm, I'll have to see if I can get her on the phone. I don't think ours even has a lay away department since it opened just over a month ago. I sure didn't see one. But going from a regular to Super is rather mind boggling. lol I could run in and grab what I wanted before and check out in 5 minutes. Now its closer to 30 minutes to find stuff.

Thanks for the help!

I just drove all over the place and all the walmarts were full of people but Target, BB, CC, and tru only had a few

FYI...TRU did pre-sales, so you can't be sure they have additional units beyond what they presold. I honestly beleive everyone will get their hands on a Wii unlike the PS3

my local WM had 25 in line when I went there at 10. They only had 20, so I figure I'll try BB and Target. One BB todl me tey're getting 68, and there's 3 more BB's and Targets within 15 miles, so I'll hit them all if I have to. We'll see how that turns out, lol.

FYI...TRU did pre-sales, so you can't be sure they have additional units beyond what they presold. I honestly beleive everyone will get their hands on a Wii unlike the PS3

I hope so, I hope I'm flipping out for nothing, my son really wants one.

EVERYONE...CHECK YOUR ORDER STATUS AT RADIO SHACK IF YOU PLACED YOUR OREDER TODAY. THEY HAVE CANCELED ALL PREORDERS, AND SENT NOT EVEN AN EMAIL. REP WAS RUDE WHEN I CALLED!!!!! NO EXPLANATION......EXCEPT HEADQUARTERS TOLD THEM TO CANCEL ALL ORDERS!!!!!!!!!!!:no: :no:

EVERYONE...CHECK YOUR ORDER STATUS AT RADIO SHACK IF YOU PLACED YOUR OREDER TODAY. THEY HAVE CANCELED ALL PREORDERS, AND SENT NOT EVEN AN EMAIL. REP WAS RUDE WHEN I CALLED!!!!! NO EXPLANATION......EXCEPT HEADQUARTERS TOLD THEM TO CANCEL ALL ORDERS!!!!!!!!!!!:no: :no:

I know they suck! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO dissapointed:(

Good Luck everyone! Keep checking all those sites and you will get one.

I was lucky and got a preorder in at Walmart.com on Nov 1 and I finally got a tracking number that it has been sent:) DS is convinced he isn't getting this - can't wait to see his face on Christmas morning:D