I hope they have enough inventory

Guest fun_4_u_nme

Guest fun_4_u_nme

It seems every year when I visit Toys R Us the hot items are not stocked very well, they are out of them very early ! Im glad my kids are getting old

enough to be into other things, that darn elmo and cabbage patch year was

a real let down for me, I came up lame with none of those items, it left me

looking else where, I only wish I was a memeber of the site back then, maybe I could have scored those items and been the hero Mom that year.

I am afraid to shop at TRU on BF. I'd rather brave Wallyworld - crazy, eh? I have seen too many ravenous moms and dads run over each other and get into fights over toys. (Wait a minute, was that TRU or Wallyworld... hah hah!) Anyway - the closest TRU is about 30 minutes away, so unless they have a great online BF deal, it's no deal for me.

I've heard that they do this on purpose to only allow a certin amount of product to be bought.

They disperse inventory to all stores. Believe me there is not a certain amount of product that they want you to buy. They want you to buy all of it. They want your money. It all involves good planning by the merchandisers and how fast the makers can produce and ship their product to the warehouse. The research has been done. They are making sure you get a deal while in the meantime they make a profit. Believe me the manager is just upset as you are if they don't get their inventory. They don't like to hear "we don't have it" or "there is a delay" just as much as you don't. They don't want any upset customers and they do want a fully stock store with merchandise they can sell. Their bonus depends on it!!!!

They disperse inventory to all stores. Believe me there is not a certain amount of product that they want you to buy. They want you to buy all of it. They want your money. It all involves good planning by the merchandisers and how fast the makers can produce and ship their product to the warehouse. The research has been done. They are making sure you get a deal while in the meantime they make a profit. Believe me the manager is just upset as you are if they don't get their inventory. They don't like to hear "we don't have it" or "there is a delay" just as much as you don't. They don't want any upset customers and they do want a fully stock store with merchandise they can sell. Their bonus depends on it!!!!

I'm not saying that they don't want people to buy products but on Black Friday they have such a smaller profit margin because of discounts on toys. I've read on an Toys R' Us employee website about how they put on select inventory or take some inventory off the floor so that they're only losing so much money, etc.

Again, I read this a long time about - hopefully I can find the article. Like I said, I'm not saying you're wrong - it's just something I read. :smirk:

Last year I stayed home and shopped after Thanksgiving dinner online. The deals were awesome. I was able to get most of the doorbusters w/o fighting over the last Barbie. TRU is an hour drive for me, so I will definitely be online again this year! :tongue1: One less stop on BF.

I've only been to Toys R us twice since going out on BF (for the past 6 years or so). It was crazy too. I just don't like the checkouts. Never organized. If I can't get there by opening, then I skip it (or I'll just price match at Walmart). Lines at my Toys R Us is all the way to the back of the store. Never open all the checkouts either. The only problem I never had though is lack of the toy. Always had enough

I had camped out in line last year for only 2 items from their ad and it was mayhem trying to trek thru everyones carts to get to the shelves and by the time you get to the front of the store to checkout, you're there for another hour! I really hope the website has competitive pricing this year because I know they're on their own and last year they went thru Amazon.

I'm not saying that they don't want people to buy products but on Black Friday they have such a smaller profit margin because of discounts on toys. I've read on an Toys R' Us employee website about how they put on select inventory or take some inventory off the floor so that they're only losing so much money, etc.

Again, I read this a long time about - hopefully I can find the article. Like I said, I'm not saying you're wrong - it's just something I read. :smirk:

Let me know when you find it. I use to work there and I guess they keep me in the dark about that one! :shock:

Well last year, TRU actually ran their BF prices on Wednesday for some items. And most of the items that they have for BF you can get online on Thursday or after midnight on Friday. I very rarely have to get into TRU on BF cause I shop online with them. Now that they have broken off of Amazon .. I wonder if that will change ..

Ive never had any problem with TRU. At our store, they always opened the store early..like last year it was 4:50, when the ad said 5:30. We didnt mind. The line was all the way up to the street, and there was really no where else for the people to stand ( I was at the front of course hehe) Inside is pretty crazy, but they have a AWESOME system for check out. All the lines were open and you stood in one great big long line, but they had employees placing you in the lines. It was great. No one was cutting in line, everyone was cheerful and it went very smoothly!

I never knew they did it online. Im totally going to check that out!

• 2 weeks later...
My biggest problem has always been everyone trying to manuever carts when the aisles are so frigging narrow. I usually grab the clear plasic bags they offer..that we can be slip in and around people with the big clumsy carts. It got me in and out in 15 minutes one year.

I didn't shop TRU on BF last year, but when I did go there I was able to get what I needed minus 2 gifts -- a Dora kitchen and the Chronicles of Narnia game for Gamecube. They apparently staggered their inventory like Target. So, when I went there they had most of the hot toys I needed.

I was able to get the game at Gamestop and the kitchen on Ebay for retail (not the jacked up prices some people wanted to charge).

I have shopped TRU three times in twelve years on BF - main reason - thier checkout lines suck and their cashiers are slow. I went to wal mart first and spent 45 minutes there - when i went to TRU i was in line for 2.5 hours b/c they had a special version of barbie that my daughter had to have. If you are in a hurry avoid TRU - make it your last stop and see what they have left

The Toys R Us by me must be preparing for the past craziness of narrow aisles. I went in there last week just to look at stuff and seen they totally redid the aisles where YOU could easily get carts by whereas last year it was impossible- plus rude people not moving also! SO it appears that they're making it easier for this year......guess all shall see!

Last year I did my BF shopping at TRU OL and on Wednesday! It was AWESOME!

I shopped TRU ONCE on a BF and will never ever ever ever again. Even crazier was I had my husband and our 10 month old son with me. The lines were crazy and shopping was absolutely impossible. One person would have to wait in line while the other shopped.

On line is the way to go!