Wonder if Wally World will do another Lap Top this year?

f1rstclass

It was a bit strange at WM last year, a couple of days before BF , they were handing put late price black and white flyers, I had to change my entire game plan becasue they came late with the real pricing, not to mention I did not find out until the day before the big day from my cousin that they were handing out flyers at the store.

Mary

Guest harryass
hey cru what do u mean aol broadband is free? i think i signed up for it to get the bf deal. will they cancell my commitment? let me know..plz thanx

Guest harryass
maybe i'm still a little dizzy... i have aol from a bf deal but i just got comcast cable which has it's own, so explain this like i'm a 5y old..i how can i cancel it whithout a penalty or can i? thnax let me know ppl.

Electronics department manager told me today there will be a laptop. The November tab ad will have a laptop in it. That same laptop will be in the blitz at a different lower price. So when the tab comes out for November you will know which laptop it is. I told her of the rumor about no blitz she said they may try that next year but it is not a sure thing.

yes that is the adverisement that comes out. It will be in the Novermber 1st advertisement at one price and then on Black Friday that same one will be a lower price. She showed me the paper she received that had that information written on the paper.

If you go to aol.com, there's a link (a blue banner on the right side) to allow you to switch to a free account. If you switch to free you do lose some priviledges like support. You can still use the software if you want.

Edit: I don't think there are any penalties. You still have aol you're just switching the type of plan you use. Or that's how it was explained to me. I had a few months left on my account, but switched without a penalty.

I bet walmart will have the laptop deal again. I know people who normally do not shop walmart who were out in the freezing cold trying to get a laptop and even though most didn't get one they bought other things while they were there. It was a big draw.

If you really really want something you need to be some of the first people in the door at the store. Yes they run out of the most popular items. That is all in the fun and in the hunt of Black Friday. The good things sometimes are sold out within ten minutes or earlier of the Black Friday sale starting. It is unreasonable to think that you can go in there at any time and get the really good stuff that just is not how it works. If you really want something then you get there and be one of the first people in the door. You snooze you loose. That is just the way it goes on Black Friday!!!! And to me that is what makes it all so much fun!!!!

Last year we went from store to store (Walmart, Circuit City, etc) trying to get a laptop deal with no success. A woman in one of the lines told us about the deal that Dell was running on line - their basic laptop with free printer and wireless card, $399. She was right, we got two of them and I will be watching the Dell site again this year leading up to BF. The laptops are used daily and still running strong almost a year later. Can upgrade if needed, too.

I was one of the lucky ones to get a laptop last year, I didn't even show up until around 6am and was able to get one and they was still bring them out. I live in a small town and most people went to super walmart that is about 20 minutes away. I guess they should have just stayed close to home. However, I guess I wasn't as lucky as I thought. Because just a couple of days ago it just quit working. I had no problems before then and it just died on me. I am getting it fixed by HP, motherboard problems or power switch? I am rather upset that it didn't even last me a year, but I am glad that it was still under warranty. I have considered contacting the walmart headquarters, just to give them a heads up about this problem. Has anyone else had any problems with there's?

Jen

jlc01

I had a compaq laptop that did the same thing. It apparently was a problem with the power connector to the motherboard. I saw from other people on the web that it was a major problem with the laptops but compaq did not do a recall. I know HP bought out Compaq and I was hoping that they would do a better job of building their new line of laptops. The Compaq Presario's stunk. Glad you could get your's fixed. It would have cost me more to fix mine then to replace it.

I also changed my AOL account to a free one for broadband. Initially I called to cancel my dial up plan (went to comcast) and they tried to sell me a $4.95 cent/month plan. When I repeatedly stated that I wanted to cancel, I was offered the free plan as a "courtesy". Other than the fact that I have no phone tech support, I don't see any real difference

I would love a laptop for school...getting back into the game and it would help so much. My hubby uses his for so much and I would love to have his mobility and be able to take it to school...makes note taking so much easier. Of course a PDA with keyboard would be nice too...hopefully he gets on this forum to read this...gave him the links.

Just A FYI AOL is free now if you have your another server you are using.I just recently got verizon dsl which is great by the way and AOL is free.I was paying 100.00 a month for my phone bill and aol now i pay $42.00 for phone and $14.95 for my DSL AOL is free.If they try and tell you its nt there are lying.(LOL)