KB TOYS Black Friday discussion thread

Brad

Our mall location closed last year and I miss their clearance. I went once on BF and you couldn't move. They handed you a trash bag at the door to drag your stuff around in, but you couldn't even squeeze through the aisles to find anything. Luckily, the line snaked through the whole store, so you could grab what you wanted whenever you and your trash bag reached it.

LOL that's what I went through at a KB last year.

My local KB does a great job. They are located in a mall and store is very small. You have to wait in line outside the store and the section is roped off to keep people from cutting. Workers hand out adds to look at while you wait. All of the aisles are blocked so you walk up and down each one and shop. Technically you are in the register line from the time you enter the store. They have workers to grab items for you that you may not be able to get to while you wait. They were very organized, no problems, and GREAT deals. I pick up a lot of stuff to donate while shopping there!

My KB is a small one in our mall and I have always heard horror stories about it as well. Me and my mother decided to be brave and go there for 2 things that I wanted for my daughter. To my surprise when we got there I thought they were not going to be opening because we were actually the first people there. In all my years (more than 10) that I have went out for BF I was never first in line. Well they were nice and did let us in the mall and stand outside the store for the last 45 minutes. They were very well organized. They only let so many people in at a time and gave you a bag at the door. As someone else said you were suppose to walk a line though the whole store but being that the few things I needed were behind the register I just went right to the register and was in and out in about 15 minutes. While in line I actually seen a really nice Brartz Karokee machine for $40 and ended up with that as well. So my experience with them was actually a good one. And yes by the time they let us in the mall there was a line behind me.

:g_shrug: I'm not sure if our Walmart would price match a KB Toys ad or not .... The nearest KB Toys is almost 2 hours away. Last year I was under the impression that in order to price match, it had to be an ad from a store that was local to the store you're trying to price match at. If that's not the case, it could be worth the try.

Actually, just about anything could be 'worth the try' in the name of a good deal :P

our walmart only price matches stores within a certain mileage too:(

I have no problems with mileage. one parking lot has walmart, officemax, dicks, and bed bath and beyond. Across the street we have best buy, target and babies r us and toyrus. Right down the road we have Kmart, the mall and Home depot. Many other stores on the strip too.

found this on another site

Friday Nov 24th Doors open 5 a.m.

All Fisher Price Toys (excludes T.M.X. Elmo) Buy 2 get 1 free

Spend $100 and get $20 in bonus cards

30% off all barbie dolls, fashions, and playsets

ALL action figures (reg. $4.99-$14.99 ea) Buy 2 get 1 free, shoose from WWE, power rangers, spider-man, pirates of the caribbean and more, excludes star wars

20% off all Cars movie toys

$8.99 each miltion bradley and parker brothers games (reg. price $12.99-$17.99) choose from jenga, clue, trouble, scrabble, twister, operation, life, monopoly, sorry or connect 4

Speed Stacks stack pack $19.99 (was $39.99)

Telestory Plug 'n Play $14.99 (was $29.99)

telestory nickelodeon and disney cartridges $7.99 ea (was $15.99)

V.Smile learning system $39.99

V.Smile smartridges $14.99

Bratz Forever Diamondz funky fashion makeover $24.99

Bratz Genie Magic Bottle Dolls $17.99

Bratz Genie Magic fortune teller $29.99

KinderGarden babies $4.99

Disney Princess or wizard of oz dress up trunk $19.99 each

Cabbage Patch newborn dolls $17.99 ea.

Umbrella Doll stroller with doll $9.99

Zapf love me chou chou dolls $14.99 ea (reg. $24.99 ea)

Barbie or hot wheels aluminum scooter $19.99 ea

secret styling doll or sexcret art doodle bear $12.99 ea (reg. 16.99 and 17.99 ea)

iZ play and create your own music, connects with any MP3 player or other music source $14.99 reg. $44.99

Tune Time animal cd player $19.99

electric guitar combo set $19.99

dance maker hip hop and dance electronic dance mat $14.99

select family games $9.99 ea. reg. up to $19.99 ea. high school musical, battleship, guess who?, mousetrap or deal or no deal

Leap frog value pack, bilingual memory mate with leap-in-a-line $14.99

Y-Gi-Oh! trading card collector's tin $14.99

20% off regular prices miltion bradley and parker brothers games choose from scattergories, deluxe boggle, taboo, pictionary 20th anniversary, trivial pursuit totally 80's, boxers or briefs?, monopoly here and now or electronic catch phrase

Dora or spongebob etch a sketch $12.99 ea

Nickelodeon scene it? $29.99

Dora game house with 8 games $14.99

20 Q electronic game $5.99 ea

wooden puzzle 10-pack $9.99

playskool cool crew chompin' mike the mower $9.99

play-doh creativity center $24.99

Thomas and friends holiday set fully motorized 39-piece set includes 5 exclusive holiday Thomas friends $29.99

Mega Bloks pirates of the caribbean dead man's chest or flying dutchman set $39.99 ea

fly wheels competition or auto stunt ramp set $9.99

hot wheels radar gun $19.99

fly wheels xpv radio control vehicle $49.99

batery pack and charger for fly wheels xpv radio contril vehicle $29.99

radio control grand canyon express train set $9.99 nintendo DS lite dual screens and touch screen technology $129.99 ea

$5 off select GBA and DS games reg. $14.99-$29.99

dream life or designer's world tv plug-in game $29.99 ea

17-in-1 big deal pak for nintendo ds lite $14.99 ea

2/$30 select GBA and DS games reg $19.99 ea, GBA: pokemon leafgreen, mario kart and super mario advance 2

DS:Brain Age and Big Brain academy ages 6 and up

Air command transport, MA-1 Abrams tank or 31" U.S.S. enterprise aircraft carrier playset $14.99 ea

x-treme blast power dart blaster attack pack $14.99 radion control power boosters $14.99

1:10 cale Humvee with trailer w/ radio control includes 9.6 v NiCd battery pack, 4-hour quick charger and 9v. battery $49.99 reg $79.99

Blue man group keyboard experience $69.99 reg $99.99

massively mini media player $59.99

idisco docking station $19.99

juice box personal media player bonus pack includes six pre-packaged juiceware chips that play videos and music $9.99

WWE, Disney or star wars plug n play $9.99

Disney Princess cinderella holiday doll, was $44.99 on 12/15/05 now $9.99

WWE elimination chamber $29.99

Bratz Rock angelz dolls or recording studio $4.99 ea

polly pocket mermaid stars $6.99

snow cool hotel $12.99

quick-clik house of style $14.99

rocky 3 or WWE deluxe aggression figure 3-pack $19.99 ea

Arcade Alley electronic hoop-to-hoop basketball $29.99

2/$10 Scene it? booster packs or $7.99 each

free k'nex orange county chopper $12.99 value w/ purchase of $59.99 k'nex vertical vengeance

free video now single pack disc $6.99 value w/ purchase of video now colorFX $29.99

Free chill accessory set $9.99 value w/ purchase of I-dog for $24.99

free crayola color explosion or color wonder set $8.99 value with purchase of crayold cutter, color explosion spinner or color wonder sprayer $19.99

free zigity card game $9.99 value w/ purchase of cranium hullabaloo game $14.99

fre giggle gear goggles $9.99 value with purchase of cranium mega mask $19.99

but 2 get 1 free ALL everready batteries free batteries must be of equal or lesser value

free 60 or 70 piece magnetix set $19.99 value when you spend $30 or more on magnetix

free leappad book $9.99 value with purshase of my first leappad $19.99

free 9" penguin $14.99 value with 9" coke bear for $14.99

Free book and cartridge $9.99 value w/ purchase of TJ bearytales for $39.99

Free nentendogs trick trainer pup $9.99 value with purchase of Nintendogs pet and play pup for $24.99

Free newborn luvcub or pup $14.99 value with purchase of fur real jungle cat or chimp for $34.99 ea

Im going to have KB withdrawals. This will be the first year I don't have one. Our mall store closed up after christmas last year. Wonder if Walmart will price match on anything they have even though the one closed up by me. I still sometimes get their ad as there is one about an hour away.

We no longer have a KBToys nearby, but the ad doesn't look that great to me anyway. I just skimmed it quickly, but I did notice that two things I want are "on sale" for their regular selling price. And B2G1F on the Fisher-Price toys isn't that great. How about B1G1F???

I can't seem to find the "select GBA and Nintendo DS games" that are on sale. When I click the link it takes me to a search page with Barbie items.

But WOW, $15 bucks! And KB doesn't sale used games. I hope they're worth driving an hour for! :tired:

I have 2 near me but see no reason to go from that ad...

Is that the same Juice box TRU has had on clearance for over a year?

I thought about the hot wheels radar gun, but will it work on full size vehicles? :)

Reminds me of WM's supposed "clearance" items....to me a $120 item is NOT clearanced when it drops to $112..... just as $5 off is NOT a BF sale :/

Anyone know if these prices are good at KB outlet? That's all we have around here and it's 45 minutes away. What about online?? Thanks!

KB Outlets typically do not match the full retail store promotions. Our outlet has BIG signs on the doors letting you know that before you even walk in the store!!! They will, however, have their own BF sale on things they carry in the outlet. I have found decent stocking stuffers there. Also a good place to look for discontinued items.