GottaDEAL 2024 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

After what I've determined is approximately a decade or so of solid service, my cable modem/router combo is in the process of kicking the bucket, so I'm on a hunt for a deal on that front. That said, I definitely prefer the combo to two individual pieces, even though I know there are some advantages of having them separated. I don't have a large footprint to cover nor do I have many devices requiring the network (counted max of 10 last night, I think, and that's when they're all turned on,  which is rare). I figure on getting one that will hopefully last me at least another 5 , if not 10, years or so. Not exactly a great time for me to be spending money (had some other unexpected bills lately) but I have to have reliable access since I work from home half the week. With Prime Day sales going on, maybe I'll get lucky. 🙂 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wittenlover said:

After what I've determined is approximately a decade or so of solid service, my cable modem/router combo is in the process of kicking the bucket, so I'm on a hunt for a deal on that front. That said, I definitely prefer the combo to two individual pieces, even though I know there are some advantages of having them separated. I don't have a large footprint to cover nor do I have many devices requiring the network (counted max of 10 last night, I think, and that's when they're all turned on,  which is rare). I figure on getting one that will hopefully last me at least another 5 , if not 10, years or so. Not exactly a great time for me to be spending money (had some other unexpected bills lately) but I have to have reliable access since I work from home half the week. With Prime Day sales going on, maybe I'll get lucky. 🙂 

Please make sure if you see something that you Google whatever model and your service provider NOT just general product reviews. Might just be a Comcast issue but it's aggravating to find that suggested items are basically a waste of money due to their own failure to make  necessary updates or maintain needed speeds etc

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tinkrbel said:

Please make sure if you see something that you Google whatever model and your service provider NOT just general product reviews. Might just be a Comcast issue but it's aggravating to find that suggested items are basically a waste of money due to their own failure to make  necessary updates or maintain needed speeds etc

Yep. Thanks! As a Comcast user for almost 25 years, I am well aware, sadly... smh

I'm looking at a couple from manufacturers I've had good luck with in the past and doing my homework before I pull the trigger on anything. It's certainly not an immediate need at the moment - I can just tell my poor modem/router is nearing its end... LOL I'm also checking to ensure I won't have issues if I switch internet providers (something I'm considering) within the next year or so. 

• Like 1

I looked at Instant Pots on Amazon during the prime days deals.  I passed as I didn't know how much I would use it and I'd have to store it.  Last night I saw on Facebook someone offering an Instant Pot; these are missionary friends back in the states and downsizing what they have in storage for when they are here.  So they are dropping it by; I can bless someone else with it if it doesn't work out for me!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HomeinKS said:

I looked at Instant Pots on Amazon during the prime days deals.  I passed as I didn't know how much I would use it and I'd have to store it.  Last night I saw on Facebook someone offering an Instant Pot; these are missionary friends back in the states and downsizing what they have in storage for when they are here.  So they are dropping it by; I can bless someone else with it if it doesn't work out for me!

Come on into the GottaDeal Lounge where there is a thread on Instant Pots if you have any questions or are searching for recipes. I’ll admit my most recent model, the Duo Evo Plus, is a few years out of date and I know very little about the air fryer or newer models. But of the earlier models I’ve owned four different ones: Duo, Duo Nova, Ultra, and Duo Evo Plus. I got rid of the Ultra, but now have the Duo in both 6-quart and 3-quart, the Duo Evo Plus in 6-quart, and the Duo Nova in 10-quart.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gator Pam said:

Come on into the GottaDeal Lounge where there is a thread on Instant Pots if you have any questions or are searching for recipes. I’ll admit my most recent model, the Duo Evo Plus, is a few years out of date and I know very little about the air fryer or newer models. But of the earlier models I’ve owned four different ones: Duo, Duo Nova, Ultra, and Duo Evo Plus. I got rid of the Ultra, but now have the Duo in both 6-quart and 3-quart, the Duo Evo Plus in 6-quart, and the Duo Nova in 10-quart.

Thanks, I'll check it out!  We have the IP Duo80 v2 instant pot which I assume is an older model.  We also have a 6 quart but I wanted something to cook a whole chicken in along with some veggies and my husband was stuffing the 6qt one way too full, and we didn't use it a lot.  I'm hoping he will use it and I can pass on some recipes to him to make and we'll see if it is big enough for the chicken.  Do you like the 10 quart?  I think I read somewhere that they don't make them anymore?

23 hours ago, wittenlover said:

Yep. Thanks! As a Comcast user for almost 25 years, I am well aware, sadly... smh

I'm looking at a couple from manufacturers I've had good luck with in the past and doing my homework before I pull the trigger on anything. It's certainly not an immediate need at the moment - I can just tell my poor modem/router is nearing its end... LOL I'm also checking to ensure I won't have issues if I switch internet providers (something I'm considering) within the next year or so. 

Is your current one a combined unit? What makes you think it’s on the way out?

12 hours ago, HomeinKS said:

Thanks, I'll check it out!  We have the IP Duo80 v2 instant pot which I assume is an older model.  We also have a 6 quart but I wanted something to cook a whole chicken in along with some veggies and my husband was stuffing the 6qt one way too full, and we didn't use it a lot.  I'm hoping he will use it and I can pass on some recipes to him to make and we'll see if it is big enough for the chicken.  Do you like the 10 quart?  I think I read somewhere that they don't make them anymore?

Instant Pot has discontinued the 10-quart several years ago before I got mine. However, occasionally Big Lots had them in stock, which is where I found it a few years ago after they were discontinued. I use the 10-quart mostly to make stocks, tomato sauce from my garden grown tomatoes, and full size 9”x3” cheesecakes. It would work well for a small whole turkey, say 10 lbs. I think, but I prefer doing either Alton Brown’s Good Eats Roast Turkey or spatchcocking, so I haven’t used it for that.

If you have a Big Lots nearby, keep an eye out for one, if interested. I haven’t heard of them carrying one in quite a while, but I got it there for $79 after a Big Lots 20% off Rewards coupon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gator Pam said:

Instant Pot has discontinued the 10-quart several years ago before I got mine. However, occasionally Big Lots had them in stock, which is where I found it a few years ago after they were discontinued. I use the 10-quart mostly to make stocks, tomato sauce from my garden grown tomatoes, and full size 9”x3” cheesecakes. It would work well for a small whole turkey, say 10 lbs. I think, but I prefer doing either Alton Brown’s Good Eats Roast Turkey or spatchcocking, so I haven’t used it for that.

If you have a Big Lots nearby, keep an eye out for one, if interested. I haven’t heard of them carrying one in quite a while, but I got it there for $79 after a Big Lots 20% off Rewards coupon.

You got a good deal on that 10 qt!  I am hoping that the 8qt is big enough for what we want but I'll look if I get into one.  I actually thought that they all closed but I see there is still one around.

On 7/18/2024 at 9:13 AM, Kanyon71 said:

Is your current one a combined unit? What makes you think it’s on the way out?

It is a combo unit. It's been dropping connection more lately. I've reset it multiple times, troubleshot other things, hasn't resolved the dropping connections... Line outside coming into the house was replaced shortly after I bought the house last year and is still in good condition. So yeah... Thinking it's just telling me it's time to retire it. lol

On 7/21/2024 at 4:54 PM, len_mullen said:

Prime Days Total Spend $0

Hey Len,

Neither did I this year. Well I did pick up some Beats Headphones (BestBuy had the same discounted price). Should have held them for a Christmas gift but my youngest DD really wanted them. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 10:01 AM, wittenlover said:

It is a combo unit. It's been dropping connection more lately. I've reset it multiple times, troubleshot other things, hasn't resolved the dropping connections... Line outside coming into the house was replaced shortly after I bought the house last year and is still in good condition. So yeah... Thinking it's just telling me it's time to retire it. lol

Dropping connection to the internet? I had the same issue. Would have to remove the cable coming into it for 30 seconds then I could get back online. Turned out to be an issue out on the pole with their hardware. 

I have a spare cable modem now from the trouble shooting lol

• Like 1

Checking in for July

been enjoying summer staycation 🐕‍🦺🐕‍🦺🐕‍🦺🐕‍🦺

On 7/23/2024 at 2:15 PM, jesusluvu said:

Hey Len,

Neither did I this year. Well I did pick up some Beats Headphones (BestBuy had the same discounted price). Should have held them for a Christmas gift but my youngest DD really wanted them. 

Love love love my Beats. Never even use the Airpods anymorel.

enjoy them!

Notre Dame Bells Ring Out During Olympics Opening Ceremony

Here on the west coast of the US, we’re only about halfway through the Olympic Opening Ceremony. But, I think for me, the highlight is going to remain hearing the bells from the Cathedral of Notre Dame for the first time in five years. The first time the bells were heard since the devastating fire.
“The Bells! The Bells!”

On 7/18/2024 at 12:42 PM, Gator Pam said:

I didn’t know it came in a 10qt !!