Black Friday plans?

Kanyon71

Anyone working on their BF plans yet?

Not sure if we will go out much this year, we are having family in town for the week and we have decided this year we want to get our daughter experiences instead of a bunch of gifts that she really won't touch. Going to try and get her tickets to a play (maybe NY and make a trip of it), concert tickets, trip to a huge indoor water park, try to come up with some other things. Then also get her some clothes and maybe some new shoes, makeup or something (miss the days of getting her toys which she sometimes asks for and doesn't play with, I sort of think she asks so that we can enjoy getting them).

• Like 1

I won't be going out and doing much shopping this year as my kids are grown... I still have my grandson, who just turned 6, but I start shopping early for him... I will probably still try and make an early morning BF run to Lowe's and Home Depot for the coveted poinsettias and batteries... haven't really worked on an official plan as of yet...

• Like 2

Most of my shopping is done online, but I still make it a point to go out on BF even if I don't buy anything :).  We haven't started game planning yet, it'll all depend on what the retailers decide to change up this year, LOL.

• Like 1

Since a couple of the store I normally shop on BF have closed we are rethinking out shopping plans this year. We are about 30% done shopping now and I keeping my eyes opened for deals. I don't think we will be out shopping as long as we did last year. The goal is to be completely done shopping by Dec 1st except for food related items. 

• Like 1

I always go BF shopping with my sister (we have been going for almost 25 years now) and we'll probably do that again this year. I don't foresee needing anything big this year and even if I do, the last few years we have been able to order online before BF anyway. I guess time will tell.

• Like 1

I think for me the only thing I’m hoping to score well in is the Grim Oak Press Black Friday sale. I missed out on the BF version of McCaffrey’s Dragonflight last year, but I would still like to start collecting with Dragonquest if they offer any seconds of it.

Otherwise, I’ll see if anything advertised catches my eye. With my son grown and not with anyone yet, I’m not really going excessive with gifts anymore.

• Like 1

Since you can’t order the Menards BF stuff online I will have to go out for at least them.

Maybe stores should start giving away things like they did 20 years ago to entice people to get up and come out to shop their sales. 

• Like 3

I will go as it is tradition for us.  But most gifts will be bought already, the last few years I shop for myself on BF and stocking stuffers.  it has changed so much from years past, that it doesn't have the same exciting feel.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

100% depends on what deals are available.  I don't mind dark and cold (not too bad in my area).

But unless theres something specific that I have a good chance of getting, I'll probably stay home.

Hard to beat shopping from the comfort of your recliner with lounging in your PJs

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Hubbalance said:

We booked tickets to go to my parents so I am excited because they have many many more stores then I do in my town. And maybe I can convince my mom to go shopping with me 🙂 We haven't done that in a good 10 years!

Very nice 🙂

Hopefully you have a great time. 

I'll have to work at some point on BF but it likely won't be till sometime in the afternoon. That said, I'll likely be out early for batteries and such (and may be hitting up Menard's this year with the house and all, now that I have one near me). I enjoy being out in the crazy. 

I'll also likely do some shopping online (looking at you, Kohl's) but my actual finalized plans will depend on what the deals are vs what I'm looking to get. 

On 10/10/2023 at 7:55 AM, wittenlover said:

I'll have to work at some point on BF but it likely won't be till sometime in the afternoon. That said, I'll likely be out early for batteries and such (and may be hitting up Menard's this year with the house and all, now that I have one near me). I enjoy being out in the crazy. 

I'll also likely do some shopping online (looking at you, Kohl's) but my actual finalized plans will depend on what the deals are vs what I'm looking to get. 

Menards!!  YES.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2023 at 12:08 PM, ilikefree said:

I always go BF shopping with my sister (we have been going for almost 25 years now) and we'll probably do that again this year. I don't foresee needing anything big this year and even if I do, the last few years we have been able to order online before BF anyway. I guess time will tell.

Your post sounded exactly like my sister's and my story. I  had to go see what her screen name is to make sure you weren't her, lol.

• Haha 1