GottaDEAL 2023 Prize Club Discussion Thread

Brad

This is my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

If one is comfortable doing so, the first time you see someone you know in the new year,no matter how late in the year. However, if one needs justification to do so, keep this list in mind around the date of January 1st:

"So 5 months ago!" - Islamic New Year

"2 months ago!" - Diwali

"Three weeks early!" - Lunar New Year

"36 days early!" - Tu Bishvat

"Almost 3 months early!" - Balinese, Zoroastrian, Ugadhi, and B'hai New Year

"Nearly 4 months early!" - Sinhala and Tamil New Year

I'm sure there are others I missed. We can celebrate new beginnings throughout the year; a fresh start is always welcome when change is called for.

• Like 3

63rd birthday week started yesterday.

I didn't do anything yesterday, but I'll sort through my email and see what offers I may want to take advantage of. Many of them are good through the end of the month, so my actual birthday on Saturday will definitely be covered.

• Like 3

To all FEMALES 50 years old and up... most of us are going through the next phase of our lives. We're at that age where we see wrinkles, gray hair, extra pounds. We move a little more gingerly yet still smooth, with that "glide in our stride and a little less dip in our hip." Some of us are fully retired, many are semi-retired and still working. We have run households, paid the bills, dealt with sickness, sadness, having children, loss and everything else life has assigned us. We've slipped and fallen many times, but we have gotten up many more. We are Survivors... we are "Warriors in the Quiet"... we are Women ...like a classic car or a fine wine. Even if our bodies may not be what they once were, they carry our souls, our courage, and our strength , and Love!

We shall all enter this chapter of our lives with humility, grace, and pride over everything we have been through, and we should never feel bad about getting older. It's a privilege that is denied to so many.

Here is to all of you.....

My age is 63 today!

PXL-20220818-015334930.jpg

• Like 4

To all FEMALES 50 years old and up... most of us are going through the next phase of our lives. We're at that age where we see wrinkles, gray hair, extra pounds. We move a little more gingerly yet still smooth, with that "glide in our stride and a little less dip in our hip." Some of us are fully retired, many are semi-retired and still working. We have run households, paid the bills, dealt with sickness, sadness, having children, loss and everything else life has assigned us. We've slipped and fallen many times, but we have gotten up many more. We are Survivors... we are "Warriors in the Quiet"... we are Women ...like a classic car or a fine wine. Even if our bodies may not be what they once were, they carry our souls, our courage, and our strength , and Love!

We shall all enter this chapter of our lives with humility, grace, and pride over everything we have been through, and we should never feel bad about getting older. It's a privilege that is denied to so many.

Here is to all of you.....

My age is 63 today!

PXL-20220818-015334930.jpg

th?id=OIP.8oM6sE-CDnW_dSMCeKqEkAHaFj&pid

• Like 2

I was just about to post about all the snow coming down … then I see gator Pam’s picture in a nice warm area. Lol. Well happy belated birthday Pam. Your post gave me chills… and not because it’s finally looking like winter outside here.