How is your job handled on Black Friday?

Kanyon71

Luckily for me where I work we are closed Thursday and Friday. This year we are going to see family so I'm taking the entire week off.

Previous years where I used to work I took Black Friday off (everyone knew I would as we always go out shopping, so it wasn't an issue).

I am a stay at home mom and have been for most of our almost 26 years of marriage.  But I worked at our local 911 center for 5 years.  I would volunteer to work Thanksgiving morning so I could have Thanksgiving night off (when they were doing sales on Thanksgiving).  In 2020, I worked a 12 hour shift Thanksgiving Day and took off Black Friday.

• Like 1

I work for the court system so we are open that week except for Thanksgiving, however, I took off from the 23rd to the 28th because the plan was to go see my mom for her birthday (Thanksgiving Day) this year...those plans have changed but I still have the time off... 

• Like 1

I just retired this year from the school system, so I have been lucky most of my life being off on Thursday and Friday.  I many times took Monday off, just to sleep in after all the long hours of shopping and holiday festivities.

• Like 1

We are closed on Thanksgiving and they usually give us Friday off as well. In my 17 years there, we’ve only not been given Black Friday off once. I always hold on to a use or lose day in case they opt to not give us the day.

I generally take Wednesday off as well so I can get a head start on my baking.

• Like 2

Our office is closed Thursday/Friday.  We will probably leave early Friday morning for a hockey tournament, and since everyone is back to being closed on Thanksgiving my BF shopping will be limited to online shopping that day.  I miss being out in person that day, but I spend a lot less money this way!  :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I was a teacher for 8 years, but left at the end of the 21-22 school year for a job at a major theme park. I am blessed to be full time and have a fantastic manager so I have Wednesday through Friday off! On our FT team we all worked together to get everyone the days off they needed, so I am not working Xmas day either; but I am working Christmas Eve. Which is fine because we are set up for our major Christmas event and it is BEAUTIFUL!
  • Like 2