GottaDEAL 2021 Black Friday Prize Club Thread

Brad

Well fudge...

So, a brief explanation.

My chronic myeloid leukemia was in "remission," due to the high dose of my walking chemotherapy. I put remission in quotation marks, because as a chronic condition it never goes away. But it was at a level where it was no longer detected without doing a bone marrow aspiration (never again, please G-d).

About a year ago, my hematologist told me of a study where CML patients were taken off of their chemotherapy completely. About 50% of the patients remained in "remission," and were able to remain off of the chemo. She and I decided we would like to give this a try, especially as the walking chemo puts me in the immunocompromised group, and effects what type of work I can accept as a classified substitute.

The study was done on patients three years in remission and longer. I was six months away from that point, and eagerly awaited my three year anniversary.

When that point came, my hematologist told me that she had consulted on my case with Dr. Brian Drucker, the inventor of the walking chemotherapy I take. His advice was to wait until I was at least five years in "remission," but he didn't see any harm in reducing my dosage, and seeing how my body responded to that. So, we cut my dose in half.

My hematologist wanted to closely monitor me at first, so instead of having my blood work done in three months, as was my norm, the first test was done after a month. That came back negative, and we decided to go back to testing in three months.

I just got the first three month tests results back. I meet with my hematologist this Thursday, my 61st birthday. I'm pretty sure these results are saying I am not in the fortunate 50%.

*sigh*

Screenshot-2021-01-15-15-31-00.png

Screenshot-2021-01-15-15-31-15.png

Screenshot-2021-01-15-15-31-25.png

Screenshot-2021-01-15-15-31-41.png

Praying for you....Stay strong and never give up. You have been through so much but yet you are still standing. I know it may not have been the numbers you where looking for but I rather you take it slow and still be here in 2 years to repeat this same post about tell everyone that you are in full remission and no longer have to take anything. 

• Like 2

Finally received test results from the biopsy done at the end of December, while a different area, results were the same as the other biopsy I had done last August on the bladder: precancerous lesion. So, no treatment on either area for now, but annual follow up required for both.

Follow up with hematologist today, so I'll learn if my walking chemo is going to be increased, or what the next step is.

Well fudge...

So, a brief explanation.

My chronic myeloid leukemia was in "remission," due to the high dose of my walking chemotherapy. I put remission in quotation marks, because as a chronic condition it never goes away. But it was at a level where it was no longer detected without doing a bone marrow aspiration (never again, please G-d).

About a year ago, my hematologist told me of a study where CML patients were taken off of their chemotherapy completely. About 50% of the patients remained in "remission," and were able to remain off of the chemo. She and I decided we would like to give this a try, especially as the walking chemo puts me in the immunocompromised group, and effects what type of work I can accept as a classified substitute.

The study was done on patients three years in remission and longer. I was six months away from that point, and eagerly awaited my three year anniversary.

When that point came, my hematologist told me that she had consulted on my case with Dr. Brian Drucker, the inventor of the walking chemotherapy I take. His advice was to wait until I was at least five years in "remission," but he didn't see any harm in reducing my dosage, and seeing how my body responded to that. So, we cut my dose in half.

My hematologist wanted to closely monitor me at first, so instead of having my blood work done in three months, as was my norm, the first test was done after a month. That came back negative, and we decided to go back to testing in three months.

I just got the first three month tests results back. I meet with my hematologist this Thursday, my 61st birthday. I'm pretty sure these results are saying I am not in the fortunate 50%.

*sigh*

Screenshot-2021-01-15-15-31-00.png

Screenshot-2021-01-15-15-31-15.png

Screenshot-2021-01-15-15-31-25.png

Screenshot-2021-01-15-15-31-41.png

Wishing you the best Pam. Chronic diseases are not easy. But I do hope you do well. (I had a good friend with rheumatoid arthritis and she fought like a bear. And still worked helping kids learn reading.)

Hang in there

• Like 1

Mom received her Christmas card from Jendeere yesterday! LOL! It was post marked Dec. 8th. It took less then 2 months to get to us! Which I guess is pretty good. 100 or so years ago it could take 6 months for a letter or card to reach the recepiant. So, all things considered, we feel lucky.

Thanks Jendeere! Merry Christmas to you!

• Like 3

Well, rabbit rabbit as they say.

Month went by fast. Still feeling drained and foggy from covid helps time fly, but I'm getting a little better day by day. The not being able to smell or taste much sucks the most. And that's going to last the longest.

Did get some tests done and my chest x-ray shows no more pneumonia and blood work plus nasal swab shows no more covid. So yay there! Just got to isolate some more then I can slowly start getting back to the real world.

• Like 5

Seeing others post about health things got me off my butt and I finally scheduled a slew of appointments that have referrals for.  Gonna spend the next two weeks getting poked (labs), prodded (colonoscopy) and smashed (mammo) ....not to mention follow up for dental surgery ....  fun times  :woot2:

Have to go into to work today for a meeting, it will be the first time since everything shut down back on March 13th that i have been there. Happy to be back to work, but sadly it doesnt look like it will be for that long, Spring Training is only for the month of March, no idea if/when the minor league team will start playing this year.

Have to go into to work today for a meeting, it will be the first time since everything shut down back on March 13th that i have been there. Happy to be back to work, but sadly it doesnt look like it will be for that long, Spring Training is only for the month of March, no idea if/when the minor league team will start playing this year.

At least it's some good news. :)

Hey y’all! Posting for February!!

On Friday evening I got a robocall from my principal (I teach high school) that the school division had 90 unrefridgerated COVID vaccines that needed to be given by the end of the night and they were going to be giving them first come, first serve...so I RAN out and my car wouldn’t start!!! So I scraped snow off of my husband’s car and actually made it in time to get one. Yay vaccines!!!! :)

• Like 4