When do you plan to start decorating for the holidays this year?

Brad

I usually put up some fall stuff right after Labor Day (did last week) and then Christmas right after Halloween. Nearly 2 months for each “season”.

If there’s no “real” BF ads to worry about this year and I’m not as busy next month I might put up the Christmas lights earlier while the weather isn’t too bad.

• Like 1

I figure I'll stick to my usual.  I'll probably do the bathroom right before Thanksgiving, and everything else Thanksgiving weekend.  I didn't put up my traditional tree last year, so I'm looking forward to having it back this year (was going to get a new one from Home Depot, but now I'm wondering if they'll do their annual great Christmas tree deal, lol). I need to find a cute, affordable, gate to go around the tree though.  My cat is old, and she has decided to forego the litter box about half the time (gross, I know).  I hate to keep her out from under the tree when she's always loved getting under there, but I don't want to have to crawl under the tree to shampoo the carpet every day either.

I will be doing fall decorations this weekend. I will more than likely hold off on Christmas until Black Friday or possibly the day before Thanksgiving. I have decided that I will only put up one tree this year.

Last year was my first holiday season after losing my sister. I forced myself through the motions in hopes of feeling better. It did not help and just left me feeling more drained. So this year I will only put up the living room tree and the outside decorations.

• Like 2

Cause 2020 is what I've been saying. Maybe they think they will get the rona from their Decorations. I wonder if Santa will have a mask on when he visits?

LOL Santa better be wearing a mask! He's in a high risk group, he's a senior and he is over weight, and he is male. I don't want to see Santa in my ER .... unless of course he is there just to drop

off PPE or toilet paper!

• Like 4

I’ll decorate November 1st or around there. I do fall from sept 1-November 1. Lol my family thinks it’s crazy they come for thanksgiving and I have My Christmas stuff up. Lol I started this once the kids got older n didn’t believe bacUse they were in so many sports amd it would stress me trying to get everything done. Now I can take my time.
  • Like 1

We will be decorating like normal this year:

Fall/Halloween this weekend

Nov 1st/2nd the Halloween deocration come down and the Thanksgiving Decorations go up.

BF/Thanksgiving weekend aall the fall/thanksgiving decorations get packed up and we decorate for Christmas.

I will start watching Christmas Movies and listening to Christmas Music starting Nov 1st. 

I bought some stuff at Dollar Tree to start some Christmas crafts.  My daughter walked in while I was un-bagging it and walked backwards like she was scared saying "what are you doing?! It's September.  Halloween first!"   :gdpoint: So I'll probably decorate for Christmas on Thanksgiving weekend just like every other year.  

• Like 2

Ugh.  I’m not feeling the decorating yet this year at all.  I usually have my entire house “falled up” in early September but as of now I have only a small Halloween section at the front door and no desire to drag out the fall stuff.  2020 has drained me physically (because healthcare worker) and emotionally (because the current state of the world) so not sure what I will do for Christmas decorating yet.  I did loved seeing the Christmas trees out at Walmart the other day so hoping as they get more and more stuff out I’ll get in the mood.  I guess I should go to Hobby Lobby again to get in the spirit.  :) 

Was at Menards this weekend and saw all their Christmas stuff was out. I did good and stayed away from it, but now I want to decorate for Christmas so badly. I've been listening to Christmas music off and on for a week or so now and I am ready to jump into the season. Hubby does not feel the same way  :no:

We have decided as a family to have a smaller Thanksgiving family get-together this year (not ALL of the extended family), and my mother has decided she would like to host this dinner at her house.  This means I can start decorating for Christmas ANY TIME I WANT!   Probably shortly after Halloween, Christmas will start popping up. Fall stuff going up this weekend! 

• Like 1

I was watching a TikTok where a woman wanted to decorate for Halloween n her hubby said it was to early so she decided to put 1 small Christmas decoration out every day to see how long it took him to notice. It was so funny. Took him 7 days. He told her fine decorate for Halloween lol so she put the Christmas back and put the Halloween out.
  • Like 5

We don't start decorating until after Thanksgiving, as I like to keep the holidays separate.  This year my wife and daughter want to visit family in Kentucky for an extended time in December, in part due to my daughter's changed college schedule and just to get out of the city, but I will probably stay home longer and join them just before Christmas.  So we will probably do little or no decoration at home (no tree) this year.

So here is my decoration for this year:   :holiday07   :holiday03  :holiday05  :holiday07  

• Like 1

We don't start decorating until after Thanksgiving, as I like to keep the holidays separate.  This year my wife and daughter want to visit family in Kentucky for an extended time in December, in part due to my daughter's changed college schedule and just to get out of the city, but I will probably stay home longer and join them just before Christmas.  So we will probably do little or no decoration at home (no tree) this year.

So here is my decoration for this year:   :holiday07   :holiday03  :holiday05  :holiday07  

Well you beat all of us this year in decorating for Christmas. LOL 

Typically I start decorating on Thanksgiving day right after dinner. However, this year we're having work done in the house and we have stuff all over the great room. Hopefully the work will be done before then and I can get back to making my home Christmassy.

Edited by msyves
  • Like 1