When do you put up your Christmas tree/decorations?

stewarta4

I've already been planning my decor for this year. I have an itch to use multi colored lights this year (which is VERY out of the ordinary for me) but last year I purchased a prelit tree with white lights. Wondering if I can talk hubby into letting me purchase yet another tree  :cheesy: ...last year I didn't put up my decor until the end of November into December...then we went to Florida on vacation and it seemed like I hardly got to enjoy the decorations! This year I will probably try to get them put up the weekend of November 16th (that weekend starts a week of staycation for me  :woot2:)...I saw a gal I'm friends with on Facebook put her tree up today! When will you be putting yours up?  :holiday03  :holiday07

For the last several years I've been putting mine up the weekend before Thanksgiving.  I love coming home from that weekend with a decorated house.  I go overboard with the decorations so it's a waste of time and energy in my mind to wait until December because I like the take them down right after New Year's, if not before.  We've never been one to leave the tree up until after New Year's.  

I will however, wait until after Thanksgiving to do my outdoor lights.  :)

• Like 3

I decorate Thanksgiving weekend.  I start listening to Christmas music way early, and I'll watch a Christmas movie any chance I get. I am a firm believer it never "too early" to start celebrating Christmas, so I don't judge anyone that decorates earlier. :)

• Like 5

I decorate Thanksgiving weekend.  I start listening to Christmas music way early, and I'll watch a Christmas movie any chance I get. I am a firm believer it never "too early" to start celebrating Christmas, so I don't judge anyone that decorates earlier. :)

I just loaded my Christmas playlist back to my phone.  Any day now I will start that sucker up while in the car.  :)

• Like 2

Who has a real tree? I want to decorate BF weekend (or the weekend after) but I'm 90% sure my tree will be dead by Christmas. Any tips on how to keep it alive for a month?

We always have one. Take a slice off the bottom of the trunk, just before putting it up. Always keep it watered (we check daily the first week then every other day). They also have liquids to add into the water that we've had good luck with. Tree people probably sell it and Home Depot/Lowes always have it.Last year ours was still soft until like a week after new years.

Soooo, I live in a small apartment with no storage and last year I didn't take my tree down, I just unplugged it and moved it over a little :sidesplit ...I need to get new lights and replace some of the ornaments because my son'ts Pitt puppy has been taking them off the tree to play with, but it is pretty much ready to go  ....I want a real tree this year, but probably won't get one due to the puppy, she still chews everything and IDK if that would be a good idea...

• Like 3

Soooo, I live in a small apartment with no storage and last year I didn't take my tree down, I just unplugged it and moved it over a little :sidesplit ...I need to get new lights and replace some of the ornaments because my son'ts Pitt puppy has been taking them off the tree to play with, but it is pretty much ready to go  ....I want a real tree this year, but probably won't get one due to the puppy, she still chews everything and IDK if that would be a good idea...

We actually aren't allowed to have real trees in my apartment complex (fire hazard), so I'm stuck going the artificial route. At least that means I don't have to run out to get a tree every year, though, or worry about my cats knocking it over and spilling water all over on top of it (though they do still manage to topple my little 4' tree every once in a while).

I try to get mine up Thanksgiving weekend but it all depends on whether I'm at home or not. 

• Like 1

I've already been planning my decor for this year. I have an itch to use multi colored lights this year (which is VERY out of the ordinary for me) but last year I purchased a prelit tree with white lights. Wondering if I can talk hubby into letting me purchase yet another tree :cheesy: ...last year I didn't put up my decor until the end of November into December...then we went to Florida on vacation and it seemed like I hardly got to enjoy the decorations! This year I will probably try to get them put up the weekend of November 16th (that weekend starts a week of staycation for me :woot2:)...I saw a gal I'm friends with on Facebook put her tree up today! When will you be putting yours up? :holiday03:holiday07

If you do get a new tree this year, may I suggest a pre-lit that offers both white and multi-colored. I have one (purchased on Black Friday at Home Depot a few years ago) and I absolutely love having the option between the two.

I usually plan for the weekend after Thanksgiving for both the inside and the outside of the house. Does anyone have any suggestions for hanging lighted garland on a vinyl fence?

I need a new tree for the family room this year and my plan is to use the tree that usually goes up in the living room. That will give me a reason to get a new tree for the living room [emoji319]

• Like 1

Ditto..... on everything 

If you do get a new tree this year, may I suggest a pre-lit that offers both white and multi-colored. I have one (purchased on Black Friday at Home Depot a few years ago) and I absolutely love having the option between the two.

I usually plan for the weekend after Thanksgiving for both the inside and the outside of the house. Does anyone have any suggestions for hanging lighted garland on a vinyl fence?

I need a new tree for the family room this year and my plan is to use the tree that usually goes up in the living room. That will give me a reason to get a new tree for the living room [emoji319]

I love my prelit from Home Depot as well. I love the white and my DW loves the Multi Color so we both get to fully enjoy the tree. I bought some different decorations last year for the tree and I hope they look good once there up.  

Do you mean how to get it to stay? Since you (presumably) can't staple or nail into vinyl fence?  

Would Command Hooks work?  I don't know the weather where you're at, or if they make an outdoor sticky for those, maybe?

• Like 1

This year I plan to decorate either the Sunday before Thanksgiving (if we do Thanksgiving at my grandparents' house) because we are having a joint birthday party for 3 of our 4 boys the Saturday before and I don't want the house to be decorated then. If we are having Thanksgiving at our house, then I will decorate the weekend after.

This is our first year with a fake main tree (real trees have really started bothering some of my family's allergies, so we decided it was time to switch). I was feeling down about missing the whole experience of cutting our own tree, but then my husband suggested we get a real one for our front porch, so I am excited about that! I

I have already started with Christmas crafts, even though I haven't even decorated for fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving yet. I should probably get that done this weekend!

Do you mean how to get it to stay? Since you (presumably) can't staple or nail into vinyl fence?

Would Command Hooks work? I don't know the weather where you're at, or if they make an outdoor sticky for those, maybe?

Yes, how to get it to stay...I tried the command hooks last year (l’m in NJ) but between the weather and the size of the garland it didn’t work out. It’s a nice thick, garland from Costco’s Kirkland brand.

I thought about getting one of those trees! I'll start looking into them! [emoji2]

The first thing that popped into my mind for Garland on the vinyl fence was long plastic zip ties. I also thought about floral wire but that might rust and stain your fencing. Command hooks might work also...not sure how well their adhesive holds up in cold weather (if you have cold weather) and they also tend to be pricy.

Edited by stewarta4
  • Like 1

We are "supposed" to do ours after the first week of Dec. DD does not like it up on her birthday for some reason. However, some years I just don't care and put it up the week of Thanksgiving.  Especially now that there is a grandbaby, I want to enjoy the sparkle in her eyes for as long as I can.

• Like 2

I can't wait for my current pre-lit tree from Home Depot to play out so I can get one of the multi-colored/white ones.  My mom has one and we love it.  We're 50/50 on the white and the colored so we are constantly changing them.  :)

• Like 3

This year probably earlier like weekend after Halloween. DD just started a new job she only gets Christmas day off and she is 5 hours away.

DS is finishing college in NC 12 hours away and is unsure how long he will get to come home for

• Like 1

The Home Depot trees really are the best, aren't they. :)

Friday while I'm out shopping, my husband starts pulling out the decorations. Then after I rest, we start decorating.

They really are. That is where the one we have came from 2 years ago now.  It has white lights, multicolored lights, and then different blink/fade settings.

• Like 2

We put out tree/decor up Black Friday weekend, usually that Sunday. When I used to get a real tree every year, it would be December 1. I live my artificial tree, but I do sometimes miss having a live tree. It’s not only the smell that does something to me, it’s also the look....ahhh I miss those days.
  • Like 1

I've already been planning my decor for this year. I have an itch to use multi colored lights this year (which is VERY out of the ordinary for me) but last year I purchased a prelit tree with white lights. Wondering if I can talk hubby into letting me purchase yet another tree :cheesy: ...last year I didn't put up my decor until the end of November into December...then we went to Florida on vacation and it seemed like I hardly got to enjoy the decorations! This year I will probably try to get them put up the weekend of November 16th (that weekend starts a week of staycation for me :woot2:)...I saw a gal I'm friends with on Facebook put her tree up today! When will you be putting yours up? :holiday03:holiday07

I start on decorating the 2nd week ofNovember so that I’m not in a rush to do it all. Also so I can enjoy in longer!

• Like 3

I am going to Texas on November 1st I have given my husband strict orders to have my lights up before I get home on the 9th. Then when I get home all my decisions will be going up except the tree. That usually goes up after thanksgiving since I get a real tree.