Kohl's Online Black Friday Sale Discussion

Brad

I contacted chat help at kohls to make sure all was alright  with my order since everyone elseseemed to be having at least partial shipment when we finsihed i went to close the kohls page suddenly everything but one item had shipped. my vest is still in fufillment funny they ship like 10 items together and ship the 11th item by itself lol

There is another code out there: SLICKHOME10 for 10% off bedding. I combined this with TURKEYTIME  (15% off, from the Kohl's website) to get 2 electric blankets and 2 pillows and it was working as of 5:30 pm cst. Hope this helps someone.  :holiday10

Thank you for the bedding code!!  Saved an additional $14.   :)  Yay!!

I was up last night and saw on the online tracker the sale was starting last night.  I put everything in the cart and choose ship to store for the items I wanted to save on the shipping costs.  I checked out with no problem when it went live.  Today I get e-mails telling me somet items are not available any longer and that was half of the things I ordered.  I was able to order the other two items online to be shipped to home but had to end up paying $8.95 for shipping which is kind of expensive.  I don't know why they don't offer ship to store for free like other stores.  I get an e-mail later this afternoon that my items where ready for pickup.  I get there and it took over 20 minutes to get my items because customer service couldn't find them.  They don't box them up or anything just put the items loose in a bin.  I almost told them Wal-Mart store pickup was a so much better.  Needless to say you think if you successfully check out you have the items you want but that may not always be the case.   :gdangry3:   :(

I was up last night and saw on the online tracker the sale was starting last night.  I put everything in the cart and choose ship to store for the items I wanted to save on the shipping costs.  I checked out with no problem when it went live.  Today I get e-mails telling me somet items are not available any longer and that was half of the things I ordered.  I was able to order the other two items online to be shipped to home but had to end up paying $8.95 for shipping which is kind of expensive.  I don't know why they don't offer ship to store for free like other stores.  I get an e-mail later this afternoon that my items where ready for pickup.  I get there and it took over 20 minutes to get my items because customer service couldn't find them.  They don't box them up or anything just put the items loose in a bin.  I almost told them Wal-Mart store pickup was a so much better.  Needless to say you think if you successfully check out you have the items you want but that may not always be the case.   :gdangry3:   :(

That's never the case with BF shopping.  You haven't officially bought purchased the item until it's paid for and in your hands.  Orders can get canceled, lost, mixed up, and incorrect.  

When picking up my order, I was browsing the store and found a ton of more stuff to buy. I gathered it all, purchased on my phone Nd then took it to customer service, handed it to them and gave them my order # and they said I can pick it up tomorrow morning. I did their job for them while guaranteeing my items are there to get "pulled". Should they cancel part of my order, I'll insist they match their online price and sell me the items they are holding for me. wish me luck.

When picking up my order, I was browsing the store and found a ton of more stuff to buy. I gathered it all, purchased on my phone Nd then took it to customer service, handed it to them and gave them my order # and they said I can pick it up tomorrow morning. I did their job for them while guaranteeing my items are there to get "pulled". Should they cancel part of my order, I'll insist they match their online price and sell me the items they are holding for me. wish me luck.

when you place an order to be picked up at the store, it takes a while for the store to receive the order and then they have a few hours to pull the order (although it doesn't always take that long). That is why it says wait for the confirmation email before you come to pick up your order. If you try to pick it up right away, it isn't in our system yet, so the computer won't recognize the order number. Edited by swamperjmb

Yes, that was very misleading!!!!  I think there were other items on there that also didn't go on sale online.  Not impressed with that.Oh, and I just checked my order again;  apparently over half those items have now shipped (I noticed at least 5 different tracking numbers for ~15 items...)  and still ~10 items "In Fulfillment".

When I called they said some items do not go on sale until 11/26 but if I bring ad to store they will honor. Too bad closes store is 45 min away.

When I called they said some items do not go on sale until 11/26 but if I bring ad to store they will honor. Too bad closes store is 45 min away.

That sounds skeptical in itself... are you going to try to go today?

Edit: Nevermind; I realize that was meant to say "Closest", not "closed"; lack of sleep read that as "Too bad store closed in 45 min anyway". LOL   :gdfacepalm:  <--- Not sure if that brings up an emoji, but let's hope ;)

Edited by bribri25

Got tracking #'s for all but one item now. Granted, I am a tad concerned about the one item that had its label created Monday night but hasn't begun to travel yet. It's something for my SS, so I really hope it comes - it's an online only item that I can't just go buy in the store, sadly.

Am I dreaming or doesn't Kohls usually have a 20% off coupon code by now??  I was trying to hold out until I got the 20%, but I'm getting worried they won't have one and I'll miss out on my few items??

Yeah, I thought they usually did by now; albeit a secret code that was never really advertised.

• Like 1

28 have shipped, 3 in fulfillment.

I completely forgot I put in an order at the end of last week (with 30% off, some sales + coupon were cheaper than BF) and earned $20 KC good thru 11/25 that I forgot to use on my order.  Ugh, I guess I'll have to go back and get something free at Kohls.com ;)    ...this is where I'll take advantage of in-store pickup so I don't have to pay for shipping (if it works how I'd expect it to).

when you place an order to be picked up at the store, it takes a while for the store to receive the order and then they have a few hours to pull the order (although it doesn't always take that long). That is why it says wait for the confirmation email before you come to pick up your order. If you try to pick it up right away, it isn't in our system yet, so the computer won't recognize the order number.

I know. That's why I'm going back today. I pulled the items and gave them all to them. Only reason I did this is because I was there shopping and everything was cheaper online. Saved about $100 by doing so. Had I bought in store last night, the prices were showing a lot higher. I got my ready for pickup email in the middle of the night. I waited for my first order and then did this while picking it up. It's worth the five minute drive to save $100

• Like 1

I know. That's why I'm going back today. I pulled the items and gave them all to them. Only reason I did this is because I was there shopping and everything was cheaper online. Saved about $100 by doing so. Had I bought in store last night, the prices were showing a lot higher. I got my ready for pickup email in the middle of the night. I waited for my first order and then did this while picking it up. It's worth the five minute drive to save $100

Well, yeah.  The BF sale is live online, but not in stores.  That's why you're saving so much...  

It still baffles me that they allow this in-store pickup for the BF sale; we'll see if that repeats itself next year.

I did the same thing!! Forgot I had $10 KC when I placed my big order so made another order for a "freebie" item that I picked up last night. LOL! I was so mad at myself for forgetting it the first time.

Have since made 2 other orders for store pickup for my Senior Tree tag. Will pick them up later today after work.

I'm spending way too much $$ already. :)

Still waiting on tracking #'s for most of things. Trying not to worry too much just yet.

Edited by HanShotFirst

I placed my order around 10 am yesterday and store pick up was ready about 6 pm.  They struggled to find all my items as apparently the just pick things from shelves and put them in random bins.  Its not separated out in boxes like walmart but I thought it was cool that they have designated parking spots for pick up customers.  I got confirmation that my other items shipped today!! Got a lot of gifts off my list already!! #winning