When was your first Black Friday?

rockpzazz

Mine was in 2001 I believe.  I went 1 time before then when I was 18 and really didn't understand the grasp of BF.  Me and my husband (boyfriend at the time) went to get him some tires for his truck at Sears and we were just in shock at all the people shopping.  We left and said we weren't ever gonna be one of those people.  Well now I am "those" people and I absolutely LOVE it!!!!!! 

Wow! Probably 1993! I remember my mom and I stopping at stores before work to get coupons for first customers and special giveaways!

Stores really don't do coupons anymore like they used to. I remember some years ago at my local Goody's store they gave us $10 off $10 or more coupons to use on already Black Friday prices. My aunt ended up getting her grandsons coats for free.

wow had to think.. its been a lonnnngg time.im thinking 1994 or 1995. and yeah at that time it was not like it is now. personally ii give credit to gottadeal for letting the secret out... seems the creation of the site is about the time bf became as popular as it is.  when i was a teen few people even know what it was . i first saw gottadeal site was 2005..

Early 90's while our son was a toddler. We would get in line at KBToys around 4 am for a 5 am opening. Each year we would have to get in line earlier, lol.

I'm with you, i remember getting batman toys at kb toys for cousins so I'm thinking 92/93 based on all our ages.

WOW, how time flies and things change

My very first experience was going with mom and a friend when I was young (early 80s maybe). She hated it, I hated it.

She tried a few times as I got older and she hated it every time.

95  and 96 I tried again, too inexperienced and ended up frazzled, but I got a thirst for it!

1999 I finally got a game plan and I've been hooked every since. Twice I haven't went: child very ill and on vacation. Other than that, I've been every year since.