wireless router??

timbermommy

I have a netgear right now because it was cheaper at the time than the linksys. I'd get a linksys if I had to do it over again. I'd say Circuit City or Best Buy, but then you have to wait for the rebates. Avoid Belkin--I had 2 of them (not wireless) ages ago and they constantly had to be reset. I returned one thinking it was just that one, but it ended up being just that router.

I'm using and have been using a linksys. It cost more at the time but I had bought a netgear first and I seriously wanted to throguh that thing out the window. I just couldn't get it to work. SO took it back got the linksys router and pc card and they have been working great. Also have a laptop that uses the wireless connection but that card was preinstalled :)

I only have hands-on experience with Linksys networking gear but every piece I've used has worked - wired router, wireless router, USB ethernet adapter, USB wifi adapter.

If your house is close to others, please make sure you enable the security features to keep other people from grabbing onto your wireless network.

I have a linksys and it's great with my dsl connection...only problem with mine is, i'm not sure if it's the router's problem or perhaps settings that i can change but...i'm running two wireless laptops off of it and if both computers are downloading something they both only go at about 25% of the total speed. I would assume that it should go 50/50 but instead it goes 25/25 and the other 50 is off somewhere in wireless land.

I have a netgear and it works great. It's only wireless B router, but my cards for my laptops/desktops are wireless g (they are backwards compatible). I will be looking for a wireless G router soon...but i don't really need to upgrade cuz my B router works GREAT throughout the house.

I like Netgear's look, too (slim and silver).

I'm sure this is off topic, but does anyone know where I could obtain info on setting up my wireless router (Airlink 420W)? I ran the wireless network wizard using a USB flash drive, but my wireless router does not have a USB connection. I attempted to manually configure the settings, but I still can't get it too work. :(

Avoid Belkin--I had 2 of them (not wireless) ages ago and they constantly had to be reset. I returned one thinking it was just that one, but it ended up being just that router.

I bought a belkin wireless router, several belkin wireless desktop cards, and a belkin wireless laptop card at compusa after christmas/new year's sale - I can't remember which- for $9 each after rebate. I've had no problems what so ever with any of this equipment. You should be able to find some nice sales after christmas through new years. I would suggest you stay with a name brand like belkin, netgear, linksys, and dlink.

We were using a D-Link which worked fine, but we had to get a new one. We ended up with a Linksys WRT54GS which I now LOVE. It was easy to set up, one button set up, and it is compatible with the Nintendo DS, which is why we needed a new one. There is also a noticable speed difference between it and the old D-Link. The Linksys is also B and G compatible, which works good if you have older wireless components on your computers.

Best Buy has it onsale with 2 MIR's, $15 each, so you can end up saving $30, total cost being $59.99. The BB rebate you can submit online, the Linksys one you have to send in.

I have a linksys and am happy with it. However, I need to figure out how to change the settings so no one else is using my connection.:worried:

I called linksys and they walked me through the setup cause I was having all kinds of problems getting mine to work right at first. I ended up with a Linksys with speedbooster for 39.99 on BF, because walmart pricematched without checking and I had grabbed the wrong one in the hurry to get out of electronics with my laptop still in hand.