12/19/05: How much of your wrapping do you have done?

MarkRaby

How much of your wrapping do you have done?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How much of your wrapping do you have done?

• 0% - 25%
    • 26% - 50%
    • 51% - 75%
    • 76% - 99%
    • 100%

I've not wrapped a single present yet. I always buy so much that I HATE wrapping. It just seem to take so long and I can't force myself to do it till the last minute.

Last year, I spent all day Christmas Eve wrapping! I will probably be the same this year.

All of the Santa gifts are wrapped and black bagged for each of my sons. Ds4 was definitely harder, as he had a lot larger sized stuff. Ds9, of course, had the more expensive stuff. ;) I also wrapped all of the stuff for other people, the kids from us, and the grab bag gift, etc. I still have a few odds and ends to wrap, but what I didn't wrap so far fits in one grocery store bag, so I'm good! Now baking, on the other hand... I blew up yet another hand mixer last night so I'm resolved to go and buy a KitchenAid this morning. I know I could save about $20 or so if I waited to order on Amazon, but I need to get these cookies DONE so I'm going to suck it up. I guess I certainly saved enough this year to justify it but it still hurts, lol.

unfortunately i still have quite a ways to go...my bad back flares up when i wrap so i have to do a little at a time..ive mostly wrapped individual gifts (like for people who are only getting one gift) but a lot of people are getting 3 or 4 things each

I know that feeling! I thought I'd be in bad shape this year being pregnant, but I felt fine while I was doing it. It wasn't until the next morning that I couldn't stand up straight, lol. I guess eight hours of wrapping will do that to you. :holiday09

I finally got to some of the wrapping last night. I just had to turn off the computer and *amazingly* I found the time to get something done. I love this site but WOW the forums are addictive!!! If I turn off the computer I just might miss a great deal.

I have everything wrapped. Unless I find something else this week. I had all the presents wrapped and under the tree the first week of Dec. When we have children that will be different. The gifts that I buy in Dec I try to wrap as soon as I get them. And since we've already started our gift exchanges, I needed to have everything wrapped. :)

Ughh! I hate wrapping presents! I'm not sure why, but I just do. My oldest comes home from college tomorrow, maybe she needs something to do....

LOL - you sound like my mom!!! :giggle: She is a mall manager, so she gets sick of he holiday season by the day after Thanksgiving ;) She used to bring home all the gifts and I'd have to wrap (even my own most of the time LOL) She just makes sure everything is in boxes, etc. Now that I live so far away (4 hours), I can't, but they have the gift wrapping in the mall. SO...she buys paper and has my older sister do it (she works in the gift wrapping stand) when she has time off :giggle:

Guest dineaux
I still have to buy them. Since I wont see anyone till after the New Year I always hit the after christmas sales. More bang for the buck. Lots of electronic open box sales.

I have everything except for my kids gifts wrapped. Anyone wanna babysit three kids tomorrow so I can get it all done?

Only if you want to trade! I will watch your 3 while you wrap, then you watch my 3 while I wrap! LOL. I have *some* wrapped, maybe 25-30%. But I have alot of boxes that need to be wrapped, and I hate wrapping bigger stuff. No thanks to the weather, the kids were home thurs & fri as well, and i had plannned to get alot done then.

UGHHHH :runaway: I have NOTHING wrapped. Not a thing! I have a big walk in closet full of toys to wrap for my kids, plus DH's stuff, plus my 3 sisters, 1 brother and 2 foster siblings stuff. Not to mention my parents and FIL. Heck I still have more shopping to do. Plus I still have about 50 dozen cookies to make and wrap for gifts for our accounts for our business! Pass the caffeine I am going to need it!

Vicki

I wrap my daughter's gifts late on Christmas eve, after she goes to bed (i know if i do it earlier, the wrapping will rip, etc :( ). I still have to go shopping for all of our "hat gifts" on each side of the family, as well as my nieces. I have a rain check for my dad's gift so i hope they get this item in before christmas :(