What percentage of your Christmas presents

CG480

What percentage of your Christmas presents to give others are clothes?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of your Christmas presents to give others are clothes?

• 10-25%
    • 25-50%
    • 50-75%
    • 75-100%

After "santas" presents actaully put me overbudget...I had to find ways to have presents under the tree for the kids. Yes, everything that I got them is clothing (excluding two presents). My DS has already shook & pushed on his presents & he is mad! But, I think he will get over it once Santa shows up!!!

Guest Deals4Me
I dont buy clothing for anyone unless its something that they've shown me while we were out together. Hubby buys me clothing and I am never a real big fan of it.

i usually give clothes with something else...

my brother and his gf are each getting a shirt, and a dvd together

my bf is getting 2 hoodies, and one t-shirt i picked up spur of the moment along with a bunch of other stuff

i have 2 filenes gift cards, so i'm going to try to use those up on a sweater or two for my mom

Everytime I get clothes, it's something I either don't want, or in one case was something I already had (even then it was a shirt I had for a year or two, so I was ready to "move on"). I don't buy clothes as presents, I'd get the wrong look, or the wrong size, or most likely both. Just try to buy a woman a pair of jeans. If it's too small then they cry because they're huge. If it's too big then they yell because you think they're huge. If it's the right size they cry and yell because you know how huge they are (I do not agree with them, but that's just what'll happen unfortunately). Now jewelry, can't really go wrong there. Even if it's "crap", it's good crap.

My daughter is seven and I will buy her like 2 maybe 3 outfits. Her father and I both believe when kids are young like that Christmas is a time for TOYS! I have alot of young nieces and nephews to buy for also....I buy them toys too unless I am specifically asked to get them clothes.

I don't buy clothes for anyone but my mother. She's basically housebound--she only gets out for her Dr's appointments and occasionally bingo. She needs a scooter thing, but doesn't have one. I shop a lot, know what she needs/wants and buy it when I see it. I have 3 outfits and a jacket for her for Christmas with a lot of other things, but she's the only one I buy clothes for. Occasionally i buy clothes for my nieces, but only as an add on type present.

My boys look forward to clothes under the christmas tree. They get plenty of toy or electronic gifts too but they know clothes will be there too. It started when they were little, money was tight and we needed to fill in under the tree with practical things. So along came a warm blanket, a coat, mittens and hats, and a few new shirts and pants. Usually stuff I had found on clearance right after the school shopping died down. Now they expect the clothes.

No Joke: My 12 yo ds said to me 2 days ago: "Mommy don't forget the socks and underwear for under the tree, I want the white kind." (yes he still calls me mommy...I love that kid!!!

My kids have always appreciated new clothing. There have been many years when they have made do with thrift stores, yard sales and hand-me-downs, so Christmas was when they got something brand new. They are quick to let me know what they need around the holidays. I watch for bargins but if it is something I know they want I'll get it. Son number two is getting a leather jacket. I can't wait. He has wanted one for two years.