Beware of Amazon.com

sugarkristals

I just tried to purchase 7 items on Amazon.com. They said that I still had until December 16th to order items with FREE super saver shipping.

When I went to cash out it said that ALL of my items would take an additional 3-5 days and ALL would arrive between December 26th through January 6th.

I even went through and deleted item by item to see if that would help. It didn't so I cancelled the order.

BE CAREFUL!!!!! :mad:

2 weeks ago, I ordered maybe 20 TRU items off of there. Of course, it broke up into several shipments. There was one item that after the order was placed, a few days later, they emailed me to say it would ship after Christmas and to expect it between the 26th and sometime in early January.(the others were already arriving at my door one by one) because they just didn't have it at that time, but were expecting more in.

I wasn't too bummed because it wasn't a "have to have for X-mas" item.

Anyhow, a few days later after telling me that , I saw that it had been shipped. So, I still got it long before they expected to ship it.

Sorry to hear it went like that for you! I know, especially if they are to be main X-mas gifts, it is risky to bet on if they'll ship it when they get it, or get to it, or if they'll stand by their delayed shipping.

At this point of the month, I imagine they're at their busiest...so, your post was a good heads up. Thanks!

I just tried to purchase 7 items on Amazon.com. They said that I still had until December 16th to order items with FREE super saver shipping.

When I went to cash out it said that ALL of my items would take an additional 3-5 days and ALL would arrive between December 26th through January 6th.

I even went through and deleted item by item to see if that would help. It didn't so I cancelled the order.

BE CAREFUL!!!!! :mad:

Dont worry this happened to me to. I ordered something from there in August and said it would be delivered in a week. After confirming the order, the date was change to three weeks. I was mad:mad: . I kept checking the status until it was ship and i was able to track the item from the shipping company. As i did previously, I was constantly checking the status, now from the shipping company that is. On the site from shipping company[ dont remember which ] said it would be shipped by friday [ A WEEK EARLIER]:gd_pineap That was like a cool prank lmao.

Earlier this week I placed an order for five items and they shipped pretty quickly and after waiting all day for the ups I found they were shippingnowhere. They put my first name on the label then my last name where my street address was so all the packages ended up being sent back. After talking to several different customer service agents I finally got a helpful one that credited my credit card back immediatly and took me step by step to place the order again. I really wanted the items because they were a steal! I saved 40% on all of them. I got the first part of my order two days later and I am hoping to get the second part early next week because that one has the most important stuff in it.

I think at this time of year these things are bound to happen. Keep telling myself I'll start earlier but never do :(

I order alot from Amazon & Walmart online and I have found that they get here DAYS before whatever dates they have listed for the shipping. They may have longer arrivals listed just to cover their butts in case it doesnt get there on time. Ive never had a problem with either....I should say YET lol Im sure at some point I will. if they dont have any in stock and plan out getting some very soon thats a whole different story I guess.

I've never had a problem with Amazon until this past week. I placed an order on Dec. 5, it was supposed to ship on Dec. 6 and be here by the 9th. Anyway, I've contacted Amazon twice and it's still not left their warehouse. They've upgraded my order to 2 day and they have refunded my shipping costs. I guess they can't do much more, I just hope it gets here in time to give as a gift.

When I ordered stuff last week, a couple items said they would ship in 3 weeks instead of 1 like I hoped but then it said I 'qualified' for a free Amazon Prime 2 month trial so I get 2-day free shipping and $3.99 overnight shipping until February. It even told me how I would get a reminder notice to either continue and pay the $79.99 or cancel right away. I figured I would try that to get my stuff quicker.

I got most of my stuff in 2 days and they just emailed me that the stuff that would take longer has just be shipped about 2 weeks earlier than they said.

-Eric

:)

I think the key here is the free shipping issue. We ordered things for my dd's birthday in October and ordered plenty early--their things always show up quickly. We also made sure all items were in stock and ready to ship...it took them weeks to do it, their estimated time was just when it was delivered. When we questioned it they said it was because of the free shipping, they basically put those on the back burner and get to them as they can. I was NOT very pleased and haven't ordered anything since.....if they don't want to give free shipping then why do they offer it?

I went to order from Amazon over the weekend, was all set to click the "send in order button" (or whatever it is called on that site) but after quickly checking over my order it said the items would not ship before Dec. 26th so I canx. the order since I needed them by Christmas.

It seems to me they are going to lose a lot of orders doing that if people don't know any better.