Question for those who got the CC laptop

Ninasnewborns

No complaints! I have a desktop that has a lot better hardware, but I am stuck on the laptop!

It's not for games and the like, but it's perfect for surfing the web and doing basic stuff.

Actually, now that I think of it the battery life is horrible. I think I got an hour and 20 minutes on it yesterday. I think after Xmas I will upgrade to the 8-cell batter on Toshiba's webstie.

I camped out and got the Toshiba L25-S1193 for my wife. :2couple:

She likes it quite a bit and is a good replacement for her old desktop.

Her only gripe is that the touchpad is too sensitive but we picked up a notebook mouse today.

Not too bad for $199 plus 12/mths AOL @ 14.95! :2woot:

That's a great deal considering the 512MB RAM, larger hard drive and TruBrite display :)

I agree. That's why I camped out at Circuit City for my first BF shopping experience. :shock:

IMHO it was a better laptop than the ones offered by BB or WM.

I agree. That's why I camped out at Circuit City for my first BF shopping experience. :shock:

IMHO it was a better laptop than the ones offered by BB or WM.

That's what I said time and time again and it looks like I was right, of course :2pimp:

My next choice would have been Toshiba @ BB, Dell Inspiron, then HP @ Walmart.

That's what I said time and time again and it looks like I was right, of course :2pimp:

LOL...very true!:lmao:

My next choice would have been Toshiba @ BB, Dell Inspiron, then HP @ Walmart.

I want to thank you and Brad for this site and forum. A lot my decision making was made simpler by the information I gleaned from this site & forum.

Once again...Thanks :g_thumble

I bought the toshiba at CC and the HP at WM so I get to see them work side by side. The Toshiba has the worlds lowest sounding speakers. I still can not figure out how to make the sound go up high enough to listen to a DVD properly but that is my only bad thing to report:) I do however like the HP's keyboard better, they have Altech Lansing speakers so pretty good sound for a laptop and their touch pad has a scrolling option that the toshiba doesn't have. Now on to the TOshiba goodies:) The screen is GREAT and we have a bunch of other software goodies that the HP doesn't have. I am able to run the sims2 without disabling the graphics and it doesn't even lag! So the idea of not being able to play games on this machine is not totally correct. It is much faster then the HP but that may have to do with the added ram this machine has. I know my son has lagged a few times on the internet and I think that the ram is the problem.

I love this laptop so far. I already ordered another stick of 512mb RAM so it will really run nice ($45). I turned up the graphics to share 128mb, and it has run every game I've tried so far great. This video adapter actually uses Hypermemory or something like that and shares another 128mb along with the 128mb that you can dedicate to the video, makes for a pretty nice adapter. My only other gripe is the battery of course, but I knew that coming in. I'll probably order it.

I love this laptop. For the features and price, it was worth the 8.5 hours I waited for it in the cold. A similar Toshiba model is selling for this week for $799 before a $50 rebate. But it only has 256mb of RAM.

I just can't believe I walked out the door with this for only $199.99, with a 12-month interest free loan from AOL at $14.95 a month. For what I do with it, (Work, I don't play any games.), it is the best.

I'm wondering how I am ever going to top this deal!

I love this laptop. For the features and price, it was worth the 8.5 hours I waited for it in the cold. A similar Toshiba model is selling for this week for $799 before a $50 rebate. But it only has 256mb of RAM.

I just can't believe I walked out the door with this for only $199.99, with a 12-month interest free loan from AOL at $14.95 a month. For what I do with it, (Work, I don't play any games.), it is the best.

I'm wondering how I am ever going to top this deal!

I wonder the same thing myself. Getting both laptops was like hitting the lotto:)

The Wife is Loving it, speed increase is huge over her 3 year old Compaq. She keep saying "Everything opens so fast.." I have another 512MB stick coming, be here this week. Wait'll she gets 1GB and Dual Channel.. She ain't seen nothing yet.

I put Spy Sweeper and AVG Free on it Saturday Night.. Cost me an additional $30. :)

I totally feel for all you people that got stuck paying $165 for AV, AS, and Labor... That was a Total Scam.. I guess CC figured they could get away with it, and no one would turn it down after waiting hours and hours... I'd have been pissed but probably would have taken it.

Still it's a crappy way to do business, sort of like how they forced everyone at the CC I was at to signup for the $24 AOL Plan just because they made more money on it. (I already called AOL and switch to the $14.95 Plan.)

Now that I've properly thawed out ;) , I can give my opinion on this laptop - I love it. I really enjoy the TruBrite screen, which I thought was nice, but didn't give too much of a second thought to when I was studying specs on all the BF laptops.

It's been nice and fast for internet, word processing and the like....but it also runs games pretty well, I must say. I have a gaming desktop I use to play most of the time, but I've been messing around with Sims 2 and City of Heroes on the Toshiba, and have been singularly impressed. It's definitely not an Alienware or anything, but it's competent, and you can't beat the price.

No one believes me when they ask how much I paid for it. I was able to extend my current AOL account (which I keep for sentimental reasons, had it since 1996), so it was really like paying $199 for it.

The only downside is the 90 minute battery life, but that was known before I even purchased it, and I plan to upgrade after the holidays.

I'm sorry more of you didn't get your hands on it, but there'll probably be deals just as good soon enough. :yup:

Hey I'd like to upgrade the memory and battery. Where's the best place to pick them up?

BTW me and my buddy both camped out and picked up laptops. He's having a field day with his and as soon as I finish filling out all the rebates from CC (38 of them!!) I'll actually start running mine thru it's paces.

I went to CC for the Toshiba laptop at 11PM and was surprised to see 40 people already in line. Needless to say I didn't get the laptop.

Anyways, at my CC they were letting people do as many of the AOL $250 giftcards as they wanted. I did 8 of them at the $15 a month ($2000 in giftcards = new plasma TV :)

The other cool thing is that I've already got 4 different people to pay me the $15 a month and I set up AOL for them using my new accounts (they are picking up neighbors broadband signals and needed email accounts) so if I can find 4 more people I will have the new plasma for free :)

The strange this is, I signed up with my debit card and the salesperson said AOL would do the first monthly charges the next day. Sure enough the next day I had two charges of $14.95, but the other six have still not been charged. What happens if AOL screwed up and doesn't charge the other 6???

I camped out in 15 degree weather from 11:15pm to 5am, then waiting 2 hours to checkout due to the AOL system crash problem. But overall I am happy that I did it. It's much faster than my ~6y.o. Compaq Presario 1200 and has a better screen, bigger HD, etc. The built in wireless is nice too. I like not having a wireless card hanging out the side. As noted, speakers are not great. But it is mainly for internet upstairs so won't be using the speakers much. For the occasional DVD that might get viewed on it they will be ok. Was 14 of of 15 available, so if there is a deal like this again next year I'll have to plan to be there even earlier I think!

Many thanks to gottadeal.com! If it wasn't for this site I wouldn't have known about this in time to "prepare" to spend 5+ hours outside freezing! And to know which laptop I wanted from all the discussions ahead of time and not have to decide Thanksgiving night was sooo nice!!

Ours works quite nicely so far....already upgraded the RAM to 1GB, which helped it out nicely. The dual channel function is a plus.

The screen is excellent...no complaints at all......using a wireless mouse with it instead of the touchpad.

New battery in a week or two (Toshiba is giving 10% off accessories through December, so going to take advantage of that before it disappears.) Only other thing we see it needs at all.

If anyone is planning on ordering RAM for their Toshiba (or any brand laptop that it would fit), NewEgg is having a 1-day sale today on 1GB of DDR2 Ram - $70, not including a mail-in rebate dropping the price to $60.95. NewEgg is the best with shipping and customer service, so I highly recommend giving them a try.

I'm thinking of ordering a couple of sticks myself and just maxing out the RAM for about $140 before rebates. The sale is on until 5:30pm. Good luck, all.