Best Buy Bites

denisekraemer

Saturnboy, please show me in the return policy where she has over 14 days, since you feel the urge to correct her.

Post #23 I already stated if she was over 14 days, better luck next time!

Thank You.

Please read all posts.

You have 14 days for some items

You have 30 days for some items

Please read the terms and conditions for returning items to best buy when buying items from them and know what you are getting into. Dont like the terms and conditions, take your business elsewhere. :D

Thank You.

Please read all posts.

You have 14 days for some items

You have 30 days for some items

Please read the terms and conditions for returning items to best buy when buying items from them and know what you are getting into. Dont like the terms and conditions, take your business elsewhere. :D

Nice tact.

I think he was referring to post #11 from you:

I dont know what you are complaining about you have 30 days from the date you bought it to return and go get a NEW computer from wherever you saw the better deal if Best Buy wont work with you. Its not a matter of Best Buy sucking you want your way and your not following the policy set forth by Best Buy. Read the ENTIRE return policy and if not satisifed contact customer service and I am sure they will gladly refund your money and you can go get yourself a newm computer elsewhere. :spamdance

You seem to contradict yourself now not only with the "30 day" vs. "14 day" return policy but also with the "contact customer service and I'm sure they will gladly refund" vs. "better luck next time" idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just trying ot help clear things up...

Nice tact.

I think he was referring to post #11 from you:

You seem to contradict yourself now not only with the "30 day" vs. "14 day" return policy but also with the "contact customer service and I'm sure they will gladly refund" vs. "better luck next time" idea.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just trying ot help clear things up...

IF are are able to get a refund do so, otherwise next time know the in's & out's of the return/price match/price adjust policies.

Thank You.

You're right, and post number 11 showed that you started flapping your gums before you knew what you were talking about. Before you tell someone that they don't have a clue, maybe you should make sure you have one yourself. At least edit that message so you don't appear to be a moron. Maybe you are, maybe you aren't, but you sure look like one in post #11.

thank you to all of the supportive posts. I am just airing my beef against BB. If BB knew so many people were against their policies, maybe they would change them. I don't know. But I definitely learned my lesson this time. Check store policies, wait until BF, and be patient to buy.

thank you to all of the supportive posts. I am just airing my beef against BB. If BB knew so many people were against their policies, maybe they would change them. I don't know. But I definitely learned my lesson this time. Check store policies, wait until BF, and be patient to buy.

I didnt mean to be a "jerk" or anything like that.

Im not saying your wrong and Im not saying BB is right. I am just saying beaware of the policies and procedures of each store not just BB when making ANY purchase (small or large) because you never know what little stip they might throw in there! Hope it works out for you! :gd_dollar:g_thumbri

Unfortunately it is over 14 days, but you might buy it at Office Depot anyway and return it to Best Buy unopened. Tell BB you never got around to opening it.. unless Best Buy scans some unique serial code on the laptops, it just may work. I bought a refurb laptop at Best Buy a couple weeks ago and I don't think they entered the serial number anywhere on the receipt.

Won't the SKU be different??

Thanks for that link. I'm currently working as a vendor at Best Buy and I find it funny when people tell me how great they think Best Buy is.

Most of the people I've worked with there are good, intelligent people, and even some of the managers are okay, but most of the higher-ups I've come into contact with are a little too rude and greedy.

From what I've heard, though, Best Buy is just as good, if not better, than most other retail chains out there. It really comes down to how you personally were treated in a store.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. Their policy is 14 days on computers/laptops. If you were a day past that I could understand. But a week? And as for buying it at Office Depot and not opening it and trying to return it to BB, I wouldn't count on it. 1) you're still past the 14 days. It doesn't say 14 days if product is opened, it's 14 days period. 2) On the box of the laptop there's normally a batch label with the store # and other information. So if they don't see a batch label on the box, they'll most likely know it didn't come from them. If anything, you should be upset with yourself for buying it so soon to BF, knowing there will be laptop sales for BF.

Or maybe people who had problems with their policies would just stop shopping there.

Actually they have enacted these policies because, in their way of looking at things, so many people took advantage of their old policies and essentially ripped them off. Note: BB frequently contributed to these abuses by ignoring or failing to enforce their own polices.

If a store clearly posts their policies, and those policies are legal, it's hard to complain when that store follows the policies. On the other hand, too many stores seem to selectively enforce their policies and they deserve a lot of grief for it.

Or maybe people who had problems with their policies would just stop shopping there.

That's what I have done. They just don't know when they SHOULD bend a rule. The stickler for me was when I went to visit my Grandmother. Someone had given her a printer for her computer as a gift. She didn't open it because she did not know how to install it, etc. When I opened it, the part of the printer where you put in the ink cartridges was broken in the box. I went to BB as the printer had a BB shipping label on it to EXCHANGE the printer for one that was not broken. I didn't want any money back, just a like for like exchange. It took me 2 hours and a lot of heated discussion with every link in the management team before they realized I was not budging until they exchanged the darn thing. It is totally ridiculous to treat customers that way. I could understand if I had wanted money back or an exchange for a different item, but an exchange for the same item that was not broken in the box -- that should be a simple transaction.

I used to work in retail for a pharmacy and as a member of management if I had treated a customer the way they treated me I would have been looking for a new job. This was the second time I had been given a hassle when returning an item at a BB store, so I don't consider it to be an "isolated" incident. I reward their treatment by buying products elsewhere.

They have policies for a reason and it crap that you think that you can just ignore them. I happen to think Best Buy has great customer service!! I had a mini iPod and when it died I went back and since they were discontinued I had to take a nano. I didn't want the 2 gig forever but there was a waiting list for the 4 gig so they gave me a 2 gig free of charge to use until the 4 gig came in...what other company would do that??? And I disagree with the treating the women badly post because if you are a women and you talk like you know what you are talking about, then they will treat you so. I am a college girl and no one treats me badly because I know what I am talking about and I don't take crap off people. But from now on...if you don't agree with a return policy..don't shop there. Then we won't have to listen to you whining.

Because Best Buy is not cooperating with you; i would purchase a new lap top at Office Depot and return it to Best Buy. (keep the one you have)

I do not know if they check serial numbers.---it is worth a try

How would that work? It's still past the 14 days she had to return it?

Unfortunately it is over 14 days, but you might buy it at Office Depot anyway and return it to Best Buy unopened. Tell BB you never got around to opening it.. unless Best Buy scans some unique serial code on the laptops, it just may work. I bought a refurb laptop at Best Buy a couple weeks ago and I don't think they entered the serial number anywhere on the receipt.

How would that work? The reason Best Buy is not taking the thing back is because it is past their 14 day policy...not because it's been used.