I checked out my Best Buy tonight..

Floppy

The Kodal C350(the $129) is a REALLY nice camera, and from playing around with it in store, it takes pretty good photos. I'm definitely going for it next Friday. The computer is NICE. I thougth it was only a 40gb and it's actually an 80? For $150, it's a nice computer. They didn't have very many and said they probably wouldn't. The Insignia TV that's $58 is nice too. My mom wants to try and get it, but I want the 27'' Magnavox for $122. I think I convinced her enough to go with me though, so yay!

I was also at my Best Buy tonight. I saw approximatley 39 (One was purchased) of the Curtis 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound. It seemd to be a very nice model. I did not see one on display though :( . It was in 2 locations, one was the home theater area, and one was in the main aisle on a pallet. Obviously these will be moved for Friday (Possibly built up as a wall for the checkout lines.

I also witnessed 11 (One was purchased or somewhere) of the Dynex 8-outlet Power Supply. It is a VERY nice model for its price, especially if the unit fails you are covered up to $100,000! This was found with all the other Power Supplies and battery backups with no price tag.

DON

P.S. I did not look at any of the computers of TVs.

The Kodal C350(the $129) is a REALLY nice camera, and from playing around with it in store, it takes pretty good photos. I'm definitely going for it next Friday. The computer is NICE. I thougth it was only a 40gb and it's actually an 80? For $150, it's a nice computer. They didn't have very many and said they probably wouldn't. The Insignia TV that's $58 is nice too. My mom wants to try and get it, but I want the 27'' Magnavox for $122. I think I convinced her enough to go with me though, so yay!

I don't suppose you happened to see they Gateway laptop that's going to be on sale??? :groovin:

PLEASE more details on the computer....I am drooling at my desk right now as I type this....MORE INFO MORE INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 80gb, with a CD-DVD RW drive. 512 MB of memory, I think. My mom was really impressed, she wants to get it just on the fact that it has a CD-DVD RW drive. Oh, the monitor isn't too bad either.

Funny.. I talked to the digital camera lady and the computer guy, and the computer guy didn't even know they were going to be selling them for $150 and the camera lady was like, "How do you know about this?" I told her gottadeal.com. :)

It's 80gb, with a CD-DVD RW drive. 512 MB of memory, I think. My mom was really impressed, she wants to get it just on the fact that it has a CD-DVD RW drive. Oh, the monitor isn't too bad either.

Funny.. I talked to the digital camera lady and the computer guy, and the computer guy didn't even know they were going to be selling them for $150 and the camera lady was like, "How do you know about this?" I told her gottadeal.com. :)

it can write dvd's also?? no way!!

Are you sure you were looking at the right model??

From what they are showing as they $350 savings, it would have equaled the amount. This model was the lowest on the chain(the cheapest).. so I don't know which other one it could be.

Guest general41391

The eMachine from Best Buy (that will cost $150 on BF) does not have 512 MB...it has 256 MB (unless the ad lied or someone typed it wrong)

?:confused:

The eMachine from Best Buy (that will cost $150 on BF) does not have 512 MB...it has 256 MB (unless the ad lied or someone typed it wrong)

?:confused:

LOL!!! I cannot believe people are looking at the scanned ad and thinking it's wrong. Wasn't last year or the year before. And at $150, it's NOT going to have a DVD burner, just a CD-RW/DVD combo drive.

Just because people are finding the "cheapest" eMachines on on the shelf at BB or wherever doesn't mean they're looking at the BF blitz machine, and are probably not. I'd almost guess these computers are assembled to these specs for just the BF sale. eMachines, at least on their website, doesn't even list a desktop machine with a Celeron processor.....doesn't mean there won't be one with that CPU (as eMachines is a subsidiary of Gateway, obtaining Intel cpus is just a matter of sending them over.....), just that their standard cpu they sell is an AMD. The Intel cpus, typically more costly than AMDs, are in the Gateway machines. Gateways typically are pricier than eMachine computers....it's all about price-points and the market they're selling in.

Guest general41391

Circuit City

I/O Magic 16x DVD Burner - $19.99 AR *

CompUSA

Hi-Val 16x External USB 2.0 DVD Burner - $49.99 AR

Hi-Val 16x Internal DVD Burner - $29.99 AR

IO Magic 16x Lightscribe DVD Burner - $49.99 AR

Memorex 16x USB 2.0 & FireWire DVD Burner - $119.99 AR

There are the DVD burners for BF!

DVD burners cost almost half as much as the computer's going to.

I buy all my DVD Burners from NewEgg.com for $40.00 or less with free shipping. No waiting in line for 6 hours and usually free or $1.99 shipping.

These are top rated LiteOn, NEC and Pioneer DVD Burners. They are usually OEM, don't come with software and you have to open up your PC and install the DVD Burner.

The items sold will be per the ad specs. Most BB's are NOT putting out the BF computers, laptops and other larger items. This is from a couple BB managers. These items are being left in the back, as not only will they be sold almost immediately, but if they place them on the floor, there will be a mad dash when the doors open. Most of these units will go to the first people in line that get tickets. The remainder will be the luck of the draw.

Here's the specs on the $150 E-machine

Intel® Celeron® D Processor 340

(256KB L2 cache, 2.93GHz, 533MHz FSB)

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition SP2

Intel® 865GV chipset

256MB DDR (1x256MB) 400MHz (PC3200)

Expandable to 2GB

80GB (7200 RPM, 2MB cache 1

48x CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive

8-in-1 Digital Media Manager (Secure Digital (SD), Smart Media, Micro Drive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, Compact Flash, Multimedia Card, USB 2.0)

Intel® Extreme Graphics 2

Up to 64MB shared video memory

AC '97 Audio

Intel® PRO 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet

56K ITU v.92 ready Fax/Modem

Standard multifunction keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers

5 USB 2.0 (1 in Media Reader, 4 in back), 1 VGA external connector, 1 serial, 1 parallel, 2 PS/2, 5 audio (2 in front, 3 in back)

14.25"H x 7.25"W x 16.00"D

22.5 lbs (PC only)

Just a word of warning. Don't get too hung up on a DVD burner on your computer. I have a DVD burner on my laptop. I've had it for a year now and have never once burned a DVD! I can't copy my current DVDs nor can I download a movie from an online site and burn it to a DVD.

I have a digital camera and a digital camcorder. Thought I might burn a DVD from my camcorder, but of course, I haven't done that either.

Lots of toys - no time to play!

Yea, I've only used the one in my laptop once, to backup data. The one on my desktop I've used twice. Once to make the Restore CDs so I can restore it back to base configuration. The other time was to burn a tv show I recorded for a coworker who forgot to record something for his wife.