Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

My girls were both just over 6lbs at birth. I doubt this baby will be much bigger. I just got 2 boxes of newborn and only opened 1 box just in case. Too me it seemed like they wore newborn and 1's forever but I can't remember because my "baby" (for a few more weeks till this one gets here) is 7.

My girls were both just over 6lbs at birth. I doubt this baby will be much bigger. I just got 2 boxes of newborn and only opened 1 box just in case. Too me it seemed like they wore newborn and 1's forever but I can't remember because my "baby" (for a few more weeks till this one gets here) is 7.

It definitely depends on the baby. My son was born at 6.9 and wore nb size for a good 2 months. We actually had to downgrade him to preemie size for the first two weeks. But then he was in size 1 until he was 4 months old. Good luck and congratulations on your new bundle of joy!

I am new to Target clearance. Loving every minute of it. But was wondering if these department markdowns happen every year. I hope to have another baby, not pregnant yet. Wondering if I should just wait until next January. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am new to Target clearance. Loving every minute of it. But was wondering if these department markdowns happen every year. I hope to have another baby, not pregnant yet. Wondering if I should just wait until next January. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, for the most part department markdowns happen every year. There is a fairly big baby clearance every January, and I think a smaller one in July. But, exactly what gets marked down can vary greatly from year to year, so it is a personal call if you want to get something you find on a super deal at 70% now or take a chance holding out for the next clearance.

The thing with most of us crazy Target shoppers... whether or not we actually NEED something at the time is never a reason to pass something up especially if it's a good price :) LOL

I would wait unless you see something you are definitely going to want....Target has their big baby clearance in July/August and January/Feb every year. Last July I was able to get the following crib for 75% off. The summer clearance on baby gear is just as good...You just never know what they are going to mark down. If you do buy something to put away..Make sure to take it out of the box to make sure nothing is wrong with it as you only have 3 months to return.. I purchased my crib 6 months before I needed it...But it was a great price. I just couldnt pass it up.

http://www.target.com/p/Delta-Bentley-4-in-1-Convertible-Crib-Chocolate/-/A-13566924

I went to the Sandusky Target yesterday and bought several items that had clearance stickers on them( Air wick- 3 pack- Hawaiian Breeze-Lysol 3 pack toilet bowl cleaner) and was told at the check-out that no coupons allowed on any items that were located in the bodega area. Huh??? I had both Target coupons and Mfg. Coupons--- They would not allow any.They said it was a new policy??? Anyone heard of this? How did you get the diapers and use the coupons? I took 1/2 of my stuff back.

I went to the Sandusky Target yesterday and bought several items that had clearance stickers on them( Air wick- 3 pack- Hawaiian Breeze-Lysol 3 pack toilet bowl cleaner) and was told at the check-out that no coupons allowed on any items that were located in the bodega area. Huh??? I had both Target coupons and Mfg. Coupons--- They would not allow any.They said it was a new policy??? Anyone heard of this? How did you get the diapers and use the coupons? I took 1/2 of my stuff back.

I have never heard of this..I am thinking this might just be an individual store thing..I would try another store.

Ahhh, yet another Target employee that doesn't know their policy. My store has "bodega" items in both the bodega area and regular aisles, so I don't know how they could even enforce that if it was a real policy, which it isn't. You can read Target's policy on their website. I know many people keep a copy in their coupon binder to educate Target personnel. When false coupon information is given you have a few options. You can cancel your transaction and try another cashier. You can go up to the Customer Service desk where in my experience they are usually better informed on Target's policy. You can escalate it up to a manager and show them Target's policy-- surprisingly sometimes they don't even know it. And, if none of that works you can call Target corporate who are usually quite helpful and they will usually contact the store and set them straight, I know many couponers who will call while still in the store.

Sorry you endured that. I have been there many times myself and it is frustrating. But I get such good deals combining coupons with clearance I haven't given up yet. Fortunately I've been doing this long enough to know most of the "good" and "bad" coupon cashiers at my store. I know many others have these problems too and might chime in with a different take than me :)

Ahhh, yet another Target employee that doesn't know their policy. My store has "bodega" items in both the bodega area and regular aisles, so I don't know how they could even enforce that if it was a real policy, which it isn't. You can read Target's policy on their website. I know many people keep a copy in their coupon binder to educate Target personnel. When false coupon information is given you have a few options. You can cancel your transaction and try another cashier. You can go up to the Customer Service desk where in my experience they are usually better informed on Target's policy. You can escalate it up to a manager and show them Target's policy-- surprisingly sometimes they don't even know it. And, if none of that works you can call Target corporate who are usually quite helpful and they will usually contact the store and set them straight, I know many couponers who will call while still in the store.

Sorry you endured that. I have been there many times myself and it is frustrating. But I get such good deals combining coupons with clearance I haven't given up yet. Fortunately I've been doing this long enough to know most of the "good" and "bad" coupon cashiers at my store. I know many others have these problems too and might chime in with a different take than me :)

I agree with everything boredbread said..Only to add when choosing a cashier to check out with...I usually try and find a young kid. They are more likely just to push your coupons through and not analyze everything. I usually shop at the same time whenever I go and the same young 20 something kid is always working at that time..I always pick his line and he just pushes all my coupons through..Even if they beep. :)

did they have mens on clearance (golf sets), the lady in front of me yesterday got the ladies and I forgot to look and see if they had mens

Yes they did! DH picked up a set.

### 088-04-0501 Tour Logic Men's Golf Clubs - 70% $39.88

### 091-07-0090 Camping Chair Blue - 70% $7.48

### 091-04-0366 Tent Sweeper - 70% $1.48

### 062-18-0583 Fieldcrest 400TC Queen Sheet set white w/ white stripes - Was $49.99 Now $14.98

This is hilarious (in a sad way) considering on their OWN website they are advertising coupons for some of the Bodega items. I agree that in the future you should talk with Customer Service or the manager if you get a questionable "new rule."

I am watching cookware items.. right now

Kitchen aid cookware set is 50% down to some $74.99from $140.xxx something ..

Earth pan set - $6x.xx

paula deen set - $120.xx something if i remember right

please please if anybody notice this goes down to 75% post here.. i am not sure when they mark down kitchen section ..sometime this will sit on 50% good 2 weeks.

Thanks

A happy happy joy Target clearance moment for me...I had been watching the sporting goods at one store because they randomly had a cool microscope that was part of that section. (It was 30% off on toy markdown day and I asked the markdown person and she said it was part of sporting goods...which is weird, but whatever...she scanned it and it didn't move). I checked and checked and checked that store and sporting goods wouldn't budge. I finally just missed the markdown...looked around the section where the microscope was and it was gone (along with all of the other sporting goods).

Then last weekend I was perusing and what to my wondering eyes should appear but that single microscope on the electronics endcap! It was marked 70% off. I did a happy dance and skipped out of the store with it. (I also found a kids digital camera at 50% off that day...and a Star Wars helmet...the Target Clearance gods have been kind to me lately).