Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

Sporting goods clearance is confusing me! I went in Thursday morning and someone was there marking everything down. I found two Embark brand outdoor chairs for kids for $4.xx (70% off). The gentleman wasn't finished marking everything down and I asked him if he would scan one of the twin air beds that was already on clearance to see if it would be marked down further. He scanned it and said no (I believe it was at 30% off). I just happened to go in the next morning and they were resetting the entire sporting goods department with not a single piece of clearance in sight. That seems odd. I wonder if they pull it to the back and then bring it out to the end caps later?

On a brighter note, I found a random Our Generation doll on clearance for $10.xx (regular price was $35.xx). It was was one with a Christmas dress, book, and another outfit.

Went to check out the baby stuff. Mostly 50% on the small stuff and 30% on the big stuff. I got the Fisher-Price Comfy Time Bouncer for 50% off. $19.98. I am stalking a car seat n stroller but it is still only 30% off. If I can get it at 50% I would be a very happy shopper!

Any ideas when they will do 50% off the big stuff?

Both of my stores went 50% off on the baby stuff yesterday...So I would definitely check your store on Monday morning early.

I knew I should have brought the travel system yesterday at 30%. Just called both my local targets (each had just one system left) and they are both sold out :(

should i trust them since I called and gave them the dcpi #?

If it's not TOO out of the way I'd check myself, saying that it's pretty unlikely. It's more common to show in stock and be out of stock but they could have sold similar sets and scanned the one you wanted twice instead of the other set, i.e. color variation etc.

I knew I should have brought the travel system yesterday at 30%. Just called both my local targets (each had just one system left) and they are both sold out :(

Personally I would go check myself. I know a lot of people on this board call first before going..Especially if they live far away. But both of my local Targets have a lot of teenagers working for them and I would be afraid that they would miss something. Not to mention when I purchased the Chicco travel system, Friday night, they had 3 left and they were not with the regular baby furniture like they were when they were 30% off. After they got marked to 50% they moved them to a very obscure shelf. I had to really search for them.

You aren't in souther California by chance, are you? I saw several the Eagle Rock store.

Went to 3 targets. Big items only got marked to 50%. Smaller items to 70%. Held off on getting the carseat/stroller combo. Did got a monitor for $20.xx, Babybjorn for 29.xx, couple of pant,onesie sets for 2.xx each. Oh, and diaper bag for $14.xx.

Baby/toddler clothing & shoes finally went 70% here, though not much left except lots of slippers.

Saw heaters and fireplace accessories at 30%.

Lots in bedding/sheets at 30%, a few at 50%.

Saw quite a few towels at 30%. A few kids hooded towels at 70% though marked 50.

A bunch of various light bulbs on clearance.

Lots of men's underwear at 50%. Was lucky enough to find the Hanes DH likes. There were quite a few mens clothes at 70%, but I didn't look more closely.

Christmas storage bins still at 30%, seemed strange.

Looked like lots of bike accessories (helmets, etc) on clearance, but I didn't look closer.

do the big baby items like stroller,carseats go down to 70% off?? or do they only mark it to 5o%off?

Yes they do...The problem is that most stores will be out of them by then as they wont be marked down for 2 more weeks typically....So I just buy at 50% and if my stores have it at 70% I will buy again and return it with the older receipt...I didnt want to risk waiting for my carseat/stroller combo as my stores only had 2 each...All accept for 1 sold out when they went to 50%.

Thanks for the update! Which Target..Stow? I usually frequent the Akron one.

On kent rd. (route 59)/ which one in Akron do u go to?

I went back After work n as others posted the big stuff was 30-50 off didn't see anything 70 except clothes n some born free bottles.

Play wonder doll houses for 50% at the Target at Tustin Marketplace (on the aisle with the Playhut Princess tents).

K and Company paper items: calendar kit, stickers, Christmas punches, paper all 70% off. The calendars make nice gifts for pre-teen/teen girls (there are no dates, so they can be stashed for teh future). Paper goods are by the office supplies on an endcap.

On kent rd. (route 59)/ which one in Akron do u go to?

I went back After work n as others posted the big stuff was 30-50 off didn't see anything 70 except clothes n some born free bottles.

I go to the one on Arlington Rd. I'll stop at the Wadsworth one occasionally, but they seem to mark down sooner and have less by the time I get there. I went to Arlington Rd. yesterday and they had about half an isle of baby clearance left. A few packages of onesies, about 3 or 4 infant car seats, and a few other misc. things. I picked up a Graco Snugride at 50% off for 44.xx. Most everything else was 70% off but there wasn't much left. :/