Stocking Stuffers

peifgirl

I always do these 3 things: a video game, a dvd (or blu ray), and a gift card and then what ever else I find they might like. Mine tend to overflow out of the stocking which is why they are hung at the mantle for all of December and then Christmas eve Santa leaves them on the couch ;)

Always a video game, movie (box set of his fav tv show usually) and a bar of money soap, giftcards, the current year San Deigo comic con transformer, and just about everything else I can find. The only candy DS13 gets is one large Hershey Kiss. The money soap smells so good. It is from Hallmark and it has money rolled up inside it. It's so funny how DS13 washes his hands constantly to get that money out of the soap. One year he got a $50 dollar bill out of it. His and DH's stockings are 4 ft long * 1 1/2 ft wide so needless to say theirs don't hang on the mantle. Edited by Kim3498

Mine get an ornament every year.

Candy

My oldest has a car so I usually pick up a gift card for gas and fast food places.

Matchbox cars, small puzzles, cups/mugs with hot chocolate.

One of my kids just learned how to tie his shoes so maybe some different color shoe laces since his still come untied alot and are wearing out.

Magnets to hold their stuff from school on the fridge. I would like to find their names.

Magnets to hold their stuff from school on the fridge. I would like to find their names.

Do you have a cricut? You could make them. They have this magnet stuff that you can cut out however you want. That would be really cool. I might do that for my nieces now that I think about it lol I think that is the only way to get them when they have uncommon names

Always a video game, movie (box set of his fav tv show usually) and a bar of money soap, giftcards, the current year San Deigo comic con transformer, and just about everything else I can find. The only candy DS13 gets is one large Hershey Kiss. The money soap smells so good. It is from Hallmark and it has money rolled up inside it. It's so funny how DS13 washes his hands constantly to get that money out of the soap. One year he got a $50 dollar bill. His and DH's stockings are 4 ft long * 1 1/2 ft wide so needless to say theirs don't hang on the mantle.

How much is the money soap at hallmark? I saw them somewhere a few weeks ago and remember thinking, "how neat", but I can't remember when I saw it. Do you know anywhere its sold at? I think this would be a great idea for my 2 boys and hubby.

How much is the money soap at hallmark? I saw them somewhere a few weeks ago and remember thinking, "how neat", but I can't remember when I saw it. Do you know anywhere its sold at? I think this would be a great idea for my 2 boys and hubby.

I found it at Amazon after reading the OP. Looked at Hallmark.com with no results.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H3JK3W/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A1G29CW22J5UU0

They are $10.99. I used the $5.00 coupon that Hallmark had on their FaceBook page last week and got them for $6.00 and some change. I bought them at our local Heritage Hallmark. They are on the counter in front of the register at our local store. It has become a tradition in our house. I think DH looks for it as much as DS13 does.

It really depends on what your usual is. When the kids were younger I would do all kinds of things for the stocking. (We use to leave the house super early for breakfast at my grandma's house so the stocking was all they could open in the morning)

Most of mine are all older, but some are getting yoyos, paddle balls and over the door basketball hoops and those wind up planes with the rubber bands,( these toys are good stress relivers) I also plan to get those waffle irons from walmart and maybe the choppers for the girls. I know your boys would not be interested but I am getting my MIL an electric can opener for her stocking(hope it fits) I don't have her name and I know she wants one.

I have also done tools, flashlights, compass, sling shots, digital recorders, and one year their stockings were attached to scooters.

Have fun!!

It really depends on what your usual is. When the kids were younger I would do all kinds of things for the stocking. (We use to leave the house super early for breakfast at my grandma's house so the stocking was all they could open in the morning)

Most of mine are all older, but some are getting yoyos, paddle balls and over the door basketball hoops and those wind up planes with the rubber bands,( these toys are good stress relivers) I also plan to get those waffle irons from walmart and maybe the choppers for the girls. I know your boys would not be interested but I am getting my MIL an electric can opener for her stocking(hope it fits) I don't have her name and I know she wants one.

I have also done tools, flashlights, compass, sling shots, digital recorders, and one year their stockings were attached to scooters.

Have fun!!

We have that battery operated can opener that you put on the can and press the button, it works surprisingly well for an "as seen on TV" gadget. It's small enough for a stocking.

we usually put stockings on each child's bed at bedtime empty. then when they're asleep, we fill them with small toys as well as 'snack foods' - a drink box, cereal bars, orange (started peeled so it's easy to finish), etc. this way, when they wake up, they get to have 'breakfast' in bed (a major treat as we have a family rule - no food ANYWHERE but in kitchen) and they can open all their stocking items.

it's the most adorable sound to hear the children giggling and crinkle sounds of snack bars being opened - it's a very special treat for them.

i HAVE learned - do NOT put markers, crayons, stickers, scissors, glue, paint in the stocking. it will not end well and you'll be dealing with the aftermath for a year afterwards. (Still trying to get those stickers off the hardwood floors!)

my kids are 7,5,3.

the christmas rule is here - they can open their stocking anytime they awaken, but they CANNOT open any presents under/near the tree until after breakfast and the christmas story is shared and mommy/daddy say it's ok.

i watch all year at dollar tree, big lots, target dollar spot/clearance, walmart party favors, meijer party favors, etc and look for things that i know my kids will get a kick out of and will (hopefully) last longer than 20 minutes. :)

we usually put stockings on each child's bed at bedtime empty. then when they're asleep, we fill them with small toys as well as 'snack foods' - a drink box, cereal bars, orange (started peeled so it's easy to finish), etc. this way, when they wake up, they get to have 'breakfast' in bed (a major treat as we have a family rule - no food ANYWHERE but in kitchen) and they can open all their stocking items.

I love the idea of breakfast in bed! My kids are older but I still may use that one! Seems like no one is interested in breakfast when there are presents just waiting to be opened!

I never have trouble filling the stockings. My trouble is they get TOO full!

Santa always brings a game and a movie for each kid. Toys are unwrapped, batteries are charged or installed. I shop year-round. A lot of Target $1 bin or holiday clearance ends up in the stockings (stuff that's not overly "holiday", although DD8 is really into Monster High so some of the Halloween stuff works for her. DD6 loves anything pink, so some of hers might come from Valentines Day). I also get a lot from clearance sales, especially Target. I challenge myself to keep it cheap. Clearance does that, and I find stuff they love that I wouldn't have thought of.

For the girls:

movie TBD

watch (Walmart clearance)

jewelry (Claire's clearance)

Monster High, LIV, or Polly Pocket doll (LIV and PP were clearance. I might have to pay for MH, *GASP*!)

For the boy:

Cars2 movie (Sale price + coupon + cat + rebate = better than free)

Cars2 Pez Dispensers (Halloween clearance)

Monster Trucks (He just started asking for them. I'll have dig some out of my stash)

Dot-to-dot book (or printables. He's addicted to them.)

For All:

game (TBD. Gotta pick some from my stash.)

Schleich animal figure (tradition)

chap stick (DS likes it, too.)

B&BW mini hand sanitizer (popular at our school)

candy (Halloween clearace, drug store freebies)

notepads (Target $1 bin clearance)

cool pens (Target $1 bin clearance)

I'm sure there's more stashed away, just can't remember it all. I think we'll start putting fancy flavored sodas in there, too. The kids had some at an orchard and thought it was something really special.

Sorry guess I forgot to add my usual stuff...

dvd

m&ms

card game

fart bags (whoopie cushions to others)

coca cola holiday bottles

some other small toy i find

I'm just looking for something to wow them this year. I don't know exactly what lol. Thanks for all the ideas!

Our stockings hang over our fireplace, and they usually get completely ignored until the kids have opened all their gifts from Santa. Lol. I fill them with a little candy, some small toys (dollar type stuff), and something cute like slipper socks or a little stuffed animal or something. Nothing crazy. I've picked up some Magic Milk Straws for their stockings already:

http://www.perpetualkid.com/quick-milk-magic-straw.aspx?variation=6516

My mom still fills my stocking, how adorable is that?? On Christmas Eve morning she comes over and fills mine and my hubby's, and we're not allowed to touch them until Christmas morning. There's always some snacks, things like a change purse and lotions, chapstick, etc. for me, and manly stuff for him. :)