Early Opening ....What time are you getting there and where?

windowcleaner

Last year, we got there about an hour before sale time. My store is a 24 hour store. Everything except the electronics (tvs, cameras, etc.) were out for the taking prior to midnight. They were not wrapped in plastic or anything and were for the taking. We loaded up our cart with everything we wanted, and got in line around 11:30-45 (we were first in line) and just waited until the clock struck midnight. We were out of there by 12:10. lol It was awesome. It helped that we didn't need any big ticket items that started at their second sale. And I highly doubt we'll need any of those this year either.

I want the toys at 10 pm mainly and maybe some games. I'll have almost $600 in cash to spend so I'm hoping that I don't spend it all there lol cuz I'd like to get over to tru and target too. I'm thinking of leaving around 9 pm. Is that too late for toys?

Depending on what you get, 600 can go very fast on BF. WM had the trampoline on sale for 199? last year and there was a line for it when we got there at 10pm, for the sale that started at 5am! I am going for the Electronics and hoping to sneak over to the toys as the time gets close. Probally leaving for the Electroincs line around 4pm! Gloucester, Virginia

I will be there at around 7 or 8. We live in a small town so that should be fine. The main thing I want is the trampoline. I also want the XBox and PS3 but I am hoping that maybe Kmart or Walmart has it onsale for around the same price before BF so I can put it on layaway and free up some BF cash. I also want a few of the games and DVDs. I am taking my boys and hubby this year to wait in line for stuff while I go grab what I need. I will go relieve them every so often so they can get a drink and go to the bathroom..lol Most of the stuff I need is at the 10 PM sale.

I live in New York City. So, ALL Walmarts in the metropolitan areas (NY, NJ, CT) are MAD HOUSES!!!! Literally thousands of people trying to get the same thing you came for. The only strategy for that is to GO EARLY!!! Since the doorbusters I want are all at 10pm I'm going to have to cut my family time down and leave the house at 6 or 7PM!!! HORRIBLE!!! I feel like this is a moral issue. Stay with family thanksgiving night or go camp out for the 10pm doorbuster????????

I'm hoping getting there and MAYBE being able to load my cart 2 hrs before for the 10 pm sale works out ok? I have no idea what I'll do for those 2 hrs because it seriously won't take me 2 hrs to look through everything I don't think. It didn't last time. I will browse things and all but the more I browse the more I want. lol

Most of my shopping will be done at Walmart this BF... Which is a big change for me since in years past I've only had to go for 1 or 2 items and been able to get them without leaving the house too early. Usually Target it my place to go but their ad was a big disappointment this year and am only going for 2 items. Anyway, I have a list of about 11 items that I'll be needing to get at Walmart and it'll just be my boyfriend and me going... All our items go on sale at 10 w/ the exception of one of the printers so we're gonna plan on being in line around 7. I'm also anxious to go talk to the store manager about whether or not they'll be letting people stock their carts prior to 10PM (24 hr store). This might change the time we go.

I will be there at 9pm, maybe a bit earlier, just in case they decide to kick things off a bit early. I don't need any electronics, thank goodness. Just want some 10pm stuff and book it back to the house for a nap, get up around 6 am for Staples and Big Lots. Might try to grab a few deals from Best Buy online (no store in my town, sadness) and Amazon plus Newegg.

I will have a friend for the first time EVER to BF shop with and she's going to help me score what I need. I am picking her up at 7:30 on thursday and we'll get to walmart and inside by about 8 pm. We want the 10 and 12 am sales. Is this enough time? I need the toys for the 10 pm sale and some sheet sets and stuff and for the 12 am sale when and where do I go to get the camera(sony one) and the 7 in picture frame(digital). I've never purchased electronics on bf so I'm nervous about getting everything. Want to make sure I'll have plenty of time. Do they generally allow you to get the cameras and picture frames prior to 12 and hold onto them until the sale? Also, what about the toys and comforter kids sets? Can I get them before 10 or do I get crushed trying to get them.

Here in AR they have things shrink wrapped on pallets and you are not allowed to get them until an employee unwraps them at the specified time. They also have lines for the big items, like tvs and digital cameras. They distribute maps when you come in showing where everything is located. Your shopping experience may vary as to what kind of employees and other shoppers are around. Good luck

Here in AR they have things shrink wrapped on pallets and you are not allowed to get them until an employee unwraps them at the specified time. They also have lines for the big items, like tvs and digital cameras. They distribute maps when you come in showing where everything is located. Your shopping experience may vary as to what kind of employees and other shoppers are around. Good luck

This is also how our store did it. The only thing that we were allowed to go ahead and pick up were items that said weekend sale or something like that. We were able to go ahead and get DVDs and I think games.

Ours had the shrink wrap off and employees were on guard to tell people not to take things....Yeah, that worked well. At least it was mapped out and I got everything I wanted. I got there about 11 last year and it was plenty of time. Might need to get there around 9 for the 10pm sales this year and scope everything out again (assuming I can't get everything online before that)