BF Site Server Change - Help Needed

Brad

Because of the huge traffic we're getting (and the fact that it's going to get even more crazy over the next 2+ weeks), we are moving just the BF site to another server just for itself. The forum and main GD site are staying on their current server, so there won't be any forum downtime.

I made the changes this morning, but I'd like to make sure they are starting to take effect. So here is what I'd like you to do:

Go to http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com

Look at the top section for latest news. Check the date for the first entry titled "First rumored KMart Thanksgiving Day ad items posted!". If you see November 7th, you are viewing the old server and if you see November 8th, you are seeing the new server.

Also try http://www.blackfriday.gottadeal.com (with the added www) and see what happens.

Then reply to this thread letting me know which server you are hitting. Thanks :)

I can't get any of the adds to come up except one add and it won't go to page 2. I put the www. the k-mart add says nov 8 but I can't get anywhere with the adds all I can get is the one that starts off with this

100-Count Mini Icicle Lights - Free AR

22 Piece Screwdriver Set - $4.99

It won't go to anyother store adds or change the page.

I know some people are getting the new server for both versions based on the traffic, so it's likely that your ISP has not grabbed the changes yet (neither has mine), but eventually everyone should be hitting the new server. I'll keep both servers up until we know everyone is getting the new one.

I can't get any of the adds to come up except one add and it won't go to page 2. I put the www. the k-mart add says nov 8 but I can't get anywhere with the adds all I can get is the one that starts off with this

100-Count Mini Icicle Lights - Free AR

22 Piece Screwdriver Set - $4.99

It won't go to anyother store adds or change the page.

Me too I'm having the same problem I see people talking about the gameboy games on sale and I don't see it anywhere. :splat: But I am seeing Nov 8 if that is helpful