Santa presents vs Mom/Dad presents

EmmyNavasMom

My daughter is 3.5 right now so until now we have just wrapped everything and it's been from "Santa". ;) Now that she is older and really understands what's going on it's time to start giving her presents from us too. But how exactly does that work?

Does Santa bring a certain # of gifts? Do parents only give their child one gift or do they give them more than Santa? Help a clueless mom out!

When I was little I always had just about as many from my parents as I did from Santa and I always got to open them on Christmas Eve. (I was spoiled rotten!) When I quit believing then I just openend one present on Xmas Eve and the rest on Xmas morning.

I really want to just stick with letting our kids open their Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve and save the real presents for in the morning!!

I have my gifts wrapped in one type of paper and Santa Gifts come in different paper ( they get two from mom and dad) Santa Gifts are wrapped in paper that usually has some meaning to the kids ie Bratz. Pokemon, etc if available. Paper from mom is just plain ole christmas paper

Like Kandy, I wrap our gifts in one paper and the Santa gifts are wrapped in another that is only used for those gifts. As far as how many gifts, I usually give like 6 from us (which they open on Christmas Eve as thats when we open our gifts) and 4 or 5 from Santa that they open on Christmas morning :)

Here we always used to wrap a few in plain paper from us and leave all the glitter to Santa until my oldest got to be about 8. At about that time he bagan wondering why Santa did so much more for him than we did..? So, since then we have been maken sure that the most expensive stuff, or the stuff we may need to monitor (x-box games, TV) always is from Mom and Dad.

Santa usually brings several of something that our children are into that year. Last year, DD wanted a Jasmine dress-up, so Santa brought her the costume, jewelry, shoes, Jasmine doll and a Jasmine cup. DS was into Rescue Heroes so Santa brought him the command center, fire truck and several figures. DH & I usually give them each a couple of smaller gifts.

I still put some tags that say from Santa to my son whos is 11. He plays along so my 5 yr old can still believe. Though he thinks its stupid, hes a dear for it though. My daughter is a believer. Most of her gifts say from santa and only a few say from mom and dad. One present I get is always from her brother too :)

Mostly are from Santa but their stockings are really from us. They are huge ones, its where they get the candy and all the little things that are fun. Grandma was putting on hers from Santa and as the kids got older that seem to obvious when she would bring them over so now those are fromt heir grandparents.

Guest all2tired
Santa presents are wrapped differently and I even write the gift tags with my other hand so the writing doesn't match. Mom and Dad give 2 or 3 presents, the rest are from Santa. And Santa always brings the gifts that were on their list. Mom and dad give the gifts they think they would like

We wrap Santa presents in different paper also. Our kids have presents from us and then the items on their list that are the "hard" to find gifts are from Santa. Those gifts usually are the more expensive ones since mom and dad would not pay for items "that expensive." ;)

That's exactly it.... When my kids will say, I want this, but I don't want to ask for it because it's too expensive (my 12 & 14yr old..... 12 still believes...14 believed until he was 12)...... then I'll say, don't ask me for it, ask Santa.... I'm too much of cheapskate. LOL... I think that's partly why they believed so long....... the rest of the year, I'm such a penny pincher.

Oh my. I didn't even think of this problem. My only child is 8 months old, so this is our first Christmas. Now I have no idea what I will do. My parents always said all the presents were from Santa and I always thought they were such cheapskates until I knew the truth. I guess I won't have to worry about it until she learns to read.

Santa always uses new paper, paper that you wouldn't be able to find anywhere else in the house.

My boys are old enough to know the truth about the spirit of Santa (I've still got a younger daughter yet :slaphappy ) but as far as I'm concerned Santa will always bring them gifts to my house because it isn't about the number of gifts or the size... it's the spirit of Christmas and the rewards of smiles that matters. Who cares who it came from, the joy of giving is the true spirit.

(And quite honestly do you think with all of the commotion they will remember who gave them what?)

All presents are from Santa. Wrap in Santa theme paper. A few years ago the younger kids ask my oldest if she believes in Santa and her reply was if you don't believe you wont get anything. lol. So, none of the kids ever ask anymore.

We go at it a different way. We have told our kids that even though Santa delivers the gifts on Christmas Eve, Mommy and Daddy have to pay for them. We tell them that we discuss "things" with Santa before Christmas, and he brings what we 'put in a order for".

I know some people may think that's silly,but it takes care of the question that most kids have of "Why does Santa give some kids hundreds and hundreds of dollars worth of stuff and some kids get nothing?" It also takes care of the question that you asked about how to differentiate gifts from parents and Santa. In our house, they're from both. It's worked well for us.

Lori P.:)

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter is 3.5 right now so until now we have just wrapped everything and it's been from "Santa". ;) Now that she is older and really understands what's going on it's time to start giving her presents from us too. But how exactly does that work?

Does Santa bring a certain # of gifts? Do parents only give their child one gift or do they give them more than Santa? Help a clueless mom out!

When I was little I always had just about as many from my parents as I did from Santa and I always got to open them on Christmas Eve. (I was spoiled rotten!) When I quit believing then I just openend one present on Xmas Eve and the rest on Xmas morning.

I really want to just stick with letting our kids open their Christmas jammies on Christmas Eve and save the real presents for in the morning!!

ditto on the paper thing others have said...in terms of quantity, i always got a lot of presents from santa & just a few from my parents, with the understanding that it was santa's job to get me the stuff i wanted ;)